: Last service before warranty is dead

Bigron
03-12-08, 02:23 PM
My factory is running up on the 10th of April and I am trying to put together a laundry list of things to get taken care of.

TSB for thermostat
Try to get them to do something about the parking park (any suggestions would be appreciated)

But I really want to try and get the motor mounts replaced. My service writer who has been amazing about getting everything taken care of has never heard of them being a problem. Is there a bulletin or something I can reference? Or is there a word track to get them taken care of?
Also will a Corsa exhaust be a reason they won't replace them? (I searched and saw that headers were given as a reason not to cover mounts.)

I had the diff replaced before the car went into storage. Is there anything else I should be asking for?

I have a GMPP but with a $50 ded I would rather get it taken care of now.

CTSV_510
03-12-08, 03:08 PM
Have them look at the motor mounts. If they are broken, they'll replace them.

The reason they can be denied if you have put headers on is because the headers make it difficult (or impossible) to replace the motor mounts without removing the headers first.

rand49er
03-12-08, 03:45 PM
My dealer charged me extra to do my first diff because of the Corsa, but didn't charge me a thing the second time. Go figure! :hmm:

Heck, if I was a dealer and was getting reimbursed only so much to do warranty work and was confronted with a mod that meant extra work/time/effort, I'd charge an incremental amount as well. That's why didn't pitch-a-bitch about them dealing with my Corsa. :cool:

rangerrob
03-12-08, 04:41 PM
I'd raise hell if they tried charging me extra to replace the diff due to my corsa catback. I bought my V from the dealer with the Corsa exhaust already on it, sales and service guys said it was fully covered by the extended warranty since it was put on the car at the original time of purchase by the original owner as an aftermarket upgrade through GM.

vegasVowner
03-13-08, 09:44 AM
My warranty is up in May and one of the dealers here told me to make a laundry list for them to go over. Week later: new NAV/radio (just for buttons), new diff (just for broken mount), shift knob and boot, rear sail panels, engine & tranny mounts, power steering pump (SCCA screwed that up), radiator, and GM's wanna-be anti-wheelhop fix ( I'll give it ashot:thumbsup:).
Another V-owner was there complaining of the usual stuff ie: parade clunk, skip-shift etc. He got beat around the bush by the same dealer right in front of me! I guess my advice to the OP is be assertive and knowledgeable when u need to, but when it comes to mods plead the 5th:rolleyes:. They should replace the engine mounts no questions asked though. I'd make that a definite priority, it makes a HUGE difference on 1-2 shift clunk on aggressive launches, engine shut down, and u get to feel the shakey idle of the cams again! They wont last long due to design flaw but they're worth it every time.

Bigron
03-13-08, 10:40 AM
I already had the radio and diff replaced and the anti-wheel-hop kit installed. Radiator has been replaced twice eariler in its life (pre-Ron)
What are the issues with the knob and boot?
Also what are the rear sail panels? (I will hit the search up later if you don't feel like typing it out)

I also just found out I have access online at work to all the bulletins. I just punch in the VIN and it gives me the list.

MauiV
03-13-08, 01:28 PM
The Corsa is a GM approved upgrade available in their own V catalog.

I think there is another wheel hop TSB from February of this year. May wanna check on that.

Mine is going back next week to have the instrument dimmer/interior light switch replaced. Turns out that was what was draining my battery.

I think Skull was able to get his seats replaced/repaired because of splitting. Also check all your exterior lamps for condensation for that last check up.

Bigron
03-13-08, 02:51 PM
I saw that TSB on the dimmer switch, I'll print it out and put it on the list.

The new wheel hop tsb has the same part number as the old tsb, so Im pretty sure its the same just different wording.

vegasVowner
03-13-08, 07:34 PM
Bigron, the panels on the rear quarter interior were the ones I was referring to. They break easy when doing high speeds with the windows down. As for the shifter, I told them mine was loose and sloppy so they replaced.

vegasVowner
03-13-08, 07:37 PM
One more thing, make sure your headlights dont flicker on acceleration after a cold start. Seems to be a new/common problem on here, they replaced my whole driver's side projection assembly.

Bigron
03-25-08, 01:49 AM
Going in today any last advice would be appreciated and thanks to everyone for the input.

rand49er
03-25-08, 07:02 AM
Report back here, Ron, when you get 'er home.

Good luck!