: spare tire compartment for 02 escalade

MISTERK
03-11-08, 08:32 PM
ok...

its been awhile since i posted. my question is, since i have brembos on front and rear:

whats the largest size wheel i can fit in the spare compartment under the truck?

MISTERK
03-12-08, 07:30 PM
nobody?

DLE
03-12-08, 08:26 PM
I never took out the spare or look underneath to see yet, so sorry my friend. I cant help you on this one.

hcvone
03-13-08, 08:52 AM
I remember someone posting an answer on the GM Truck Forum, but can not find the thread.

MISTERK
03-13-08, 12:06 PM
thanks for at least replying...

i thought alot of people had brake upgrades here from what i remember. someone must have a spare tire that can fit over the brakes. i actually cant believe i havent done it yet.

tc3
03-16-08, 04:09 AM
Wouldn't mind knowing too. I've been driving without a spare since i did my big brake up grade over a year ago!!

hcvone
03-17-08, 08:54 AM
Could not find the post, still looking :(

MISTERK
03-17-08, 05:48 PM
tc3: arent you worried about what going to happen if you catch a flat in the middle of nowhere? a year? i have had my brakes for 3 years now...knock on wood that i havent run into any trouble yet?

hcvone: thanks for the help...

tc3
03-18-08, 12:00 AM
Yes, I have been pushing my luck!! But, I've got a friend who sells rims, so he always has extra tires in stock, or even a rim in case.
But, you've been without one for 3 years?!?

However, I bought 22" winters at the beginning of the season, cheap Boss black rims and Terra Grappler tires(awesome tires!!), so i will have a winter spare this year. Once the roads get cleaned up a bit, I'll put my 26's on and try to fit the 22" underneath. I'll let everyone know if it fits, but it may be a while...There's so much gravel on the streets right now.

hcvone
03-18-08, 08:51 AM
Many of my cars do not carry a spare, so I carry a small compressor, a few cans of Fix-a-Flat and a tire plug kit, these things are in our Escalade's and SRX's too, and yes the Fix-a-Flat will ruin the pressure sensors if used, but some times it's more important to get the car/truck home and off the road, and if the tire is that bad anyway it will be replaced, and so replacing a sensor at that point is not so bad because the tire is coming off anyway. I have plugged tires on the road for people we have came across that were broke down.

MISTERK
03-18-08, 11:50 AM
tc3: the 22 isnt going to fit...i dont think. i also have 22 inch wheels for the winter and my shop told me that its not gonna fit in the compartment. but i actually never tried to do it myself. they told me a 20 inch wheel could fit. very interested in what you come up with...

hcvone: yeah, i have a can of fix a flat in the truck too. im worried though, because i go to the mountains alot in the winter that if i catch a flat that it wont fix....im gonna be assed out on the side of a mountain.

hcvone
03-18-08, 12:13 PM
When we go to our home in upstate NY you can drive for an hour and not see another car, that is why I carry a compressor, plug kit and Fix-a-Flat because I am on my own if there is a problem, with these things you can at least get somewhere. Do this, go to a tire store, tell them you want to see what size tire will fit, give them a few bucks and let them try a few different sizes that way you will know what fits. :)