: Aero Exhaust, heard of em?

bossplayer
03-11-08, 05:12 PM
Just went to the muffler shop and talked to their expert who has been doing exhausts for the past 30+ years. He brought up aeroexhaust(.com) and said the results that the truck owner that had been getting them was really good. He has no idea if they would fit for our application without looking at it up on the stand, so he offered to check it out if I bring it by around 5.

Anyways, for the claims: they are stating around a 10-20% gain in MPG and don't really know about power. I find this interesting, but since some scams are obvious (cyclone power) this one is not as obvious yet. They are a NASCAR performance partner if that makes any difference, I don't know if Nascar cares about who they associate with or not.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Just to add, I am driving to South Padre Island this weekend, any place in particular I should hit up?

keithsm2
03-11-08, 05:55 PM
my brother goes to padre a lot....I think there is someplace called red beards or somthing like that....good food...
ugh...you do know its spring break right?? or is that the whole purpose?? be careful with that car down there....I was there in the late 80's and it was pretty wild back then....im sure its girls gone wild down there this time of the year....

As for the exhaust...I think I would stick with some of the name brands like magna....corsa...borla....b&b....
I like my b&b...the stainless looks awesome under the car too.....although its another part to clean after rain storms :)

Naf
03-12-08, 02:26 AM
I have heard of them, i used their resonators with my corsa exhaust...

Put one on my cousins hummer, but due to the way he drives he melted it from the inside out...Good control for sound, and compact...Plus they look sweet with AERO written on the side..

bossplayer
03-12-08, 09:08 AM
I have heard of them, i used their resonators with my corsa exhaust...

Put one on my cousins hummer, but due to the way he drives he melted it from the inside out...Good control for sound, and compact...Plus they look sweet with AERO written on the side..

Did the resonators have a lifetime warranty too? How the hell do you melt one?

LOL

LUVMY04V
03-12-08, 12:06 PM
Just went to the muffler shop and talked to their expert who has been doing exhausts for the past 30+ years. He brought up aeroexhaust(.com) and said the results that the truck owner that had been getting them was really good. He has no idea if they would fit for our application without looking at it up on the stand, so he offered to check it out if I bring it by around 5.

Anyways, for the claims: they are stating around a 10-20% gain in MPG and don't really know about power. I find this interesting, but since some scams are obvious (cyclone power) this one is not as obvious yet. They are a NASCAR performance partner if that makes any difference, I don't know if Nascar cares about who they associate with or not.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Just to add, I am driving to South Padre Island this weekend, any place in particular I should hit up?i went their on spring break in 2003 and i reccomend senior frogs i think it was. cool place and i got to ride a electric bull :thumbsup:

oh yeah and red beards kicks ass

damn those were the days :( That place is fun and the beach during the day is awsome

jbss71
03-12-08, 09:12 PM
they were always big money, so teh shops push them for the margins. also at 18mpg 15% is 2.7mpg? from a muffler? umm no!!! but the few i have heard sounded okay

and no nascar doesn't care as long as the check from Aero clears

bossplayer
03-12-08, 09:51 PM
Fair enough, pretty much what I was thinking.

And thank you for the Padre suggestions, will do!:cloud9:

Naf
03-13-08, 04:44 AM
Trust me my cuz drives hard, the exhaust temp was HOT and his tune if off...Just havent found a dyna that can handle a Hummer here...