: Extended warranties

Rugratman
03-11-08, 03:16 PM
Hello, I have been secretly watching these forum's for a while.

My Escalade EXT warranty is coming up. The truck is a 2005 and has about 35,000 miles on it. I keep getting these extended warranty cards in the mail, and was wondering if anyone actualy did this.

To be honest, I don't remember what the bumper to bumper was...36 K and 3 years or 50 K and three years.

I really love my truck and really don't see me selling it.
Is this a scam, or a waste of money or a good idea?
Maybe thru GM direct?

Any suggestions?
Any noted problems that are going to come up with my milage?

hcvone
03-11-08, 05:26 PM
4 year 50k miles is the standard warranty. The GM extended warranty while expensive is a life saver if you have a trans or front diff problem. :)

z06bigbird
03-11-08, 06:54 PM
Do a search here on aftermarket warranties. Many of those companies go bankrupt every year. Stick with GMPP. Use a preferred vendor, and you will save about 40% off of retail for GMPP.

JD001249
03-11-08, 10:34 PM
i am about ready to purchase mine for my 2005, I have about 6 months left, I will not hit the mileage. I will only buy my extended from the dealer (I have used 3rd party with my Denali and had nothing but problems getting coverage and approval to get work started). The price was $2100 for an additional 4 year or 100K mile. All they required was 10% down, the rest was paid monthly over 18 months, interest free. They have many other options, some went as high as 4K and your price was also dictated by how much of a deductible you wanted. If I remember right, the one I was quoted had a $100 deductible and was bumper to bumper (minus the wear and tear items).