: Anybody Else Have This Problem

tgeorge34
03-10-08, 07:27 PM
I just got a new set of 24" rims that I ordered online. They said they came balanced, but taking the advice of other forum members, I took them to Les Schwab to get them "road balanced". Turns out that two of the rims are not "true", and they can not get them to balance perfectly.:mad: Before I had them road balanced, the car shook like crazy...now it is not bad. I was told that with rims of this size, it is almost impossible to get a perfect balance, and that this is common. Am I getting screwed, or has anybody else had this problem????

hcvone
03-10-08, 08:07 PM
That is just not true, good forged wheels any size 22's, 24's or 26's should balance prefect, my 24's with road force balancing took very liittle weights, and are perfectly smooth, my 22's and my 18's on both trucks for the winter are perfectly smooth at any speed to 100, of course if your wheels are not true balancing will not fix that, they need to replace your wheels that are not correct

DLE
03-11-08, 01:15 PM
What rims did you get? I got 3 sets of rims on ebay and they balanced them perfectly. One set however, did vibrate a tiny tiny little bit after it got balanced. But, after a couple weeks it went away. I think maybe the tires has to get worn down a bit to settle them? I dont know, but it went away and never came back.

Guyz1996deville
03-11-08, 02:14 PM
I belive that you pay for what you get. Not to be insulting by all means. Alot of what you pay for is the machining costs. If you have high precision machined wheels that are geometricaly toleranced properly you will pay more for them. Regardles they should warrenty them. good call on getting them road balanced:)