: quick instrument cluster question

texanwitharake
03-09-08, 11:45 PM
hey guys i was wondering what is the voltage of the bulbs behind the cluster/radio area i had a couple burn out and im thinkin about changing the color of them can you guys help me out?

PEETYZ
03-10-08, 12:06 AM
dont knw voltage i think bulbs are 198 or 168? sorry i have changed mine but replaced with reg bulb and forget the number sorry

cateraowner
03-10-08, 12:11 AM
haha... just took my leveling light out and just happen to have the bulb in my pocket. it's 12v, 1.5 w.

but for some reason half of my the light for my gauges went out.. somethings gotta be loose...

callingmonroe
03-13-08, 08:21 PM
Funny mine went out as well, on the left side dash nest to temp gauge, anyone know how to get to that because once I am in there I might as well change them all. Let me know.

texanwitharake
03-13-08, 09:54 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/tx2/mannyyy/ipwriteup.html i found it while searching i hope it helps

callingmonroe
03-14-08, 11:15 AM
cool it does help. I could do this no problem. Hope I can switch from the standard yellow to a emerald green. Quick question? Can you get about nay color bulb you want and is it a standard bulb for all cars.

Thanks!

cateraowner
03-14-08, 11:42 AM
what I can see is the bulb are just standard white. and the colour comes from the film on the cluster. so there isn't too much you can do... but come to think of it, if you wanted to you can wrap the bulb in some jelly film and some color may show through.. worth a try, I might do the same since I have to take it apart again and find out where my loose connection is

Cadi Cat
03-15-08, 03:18 AM
I think ebay has different color led bulbs that will fit. I thought I saw them on the uk site.