Cadillac Owners Forum banner

A love for the Parts car... OO MAN!!!

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  My_favorite_Brougham 
#1 ·
Oh man, That parts car i was expecting, came home today.

1991 Brougham Delegance
5.0 305, rebuilt tranny. A SMOOOOTH running 305!!
99,946 miles, never made it to roll over 100k
White on blue leather, and the interior is MINT! Better then the interior from my 77k mile parts car. (yahp jay)
Factory CD player, Cassette combo, door speakers
The nicest leather wrapped wheel i have EVER seen...
When i originally looked at it all it needed was brakelines and exhaust, which is common. So after Greg gave me the idea to actually fix up one of these parts cars, i thought about it. When i first looked at it all i could see was the top corner of the roof poking out of the snow. The rest was roof high burried in snow. You could walk across the hood and not even know. The owner got it out of the snow, and i went back up today. Original plan was to put it off till the last minute, as he is getting his house forclosed on at the end of the month, so he would be desperate to get rid of it. But he got it out early. I went back up and took a look. This is what I saw...... Greg, forget about me fixing it.. I have never seen one of these rot out so bad. Floors, frame.... Everything. All the black spots on the front clip is rust.... bad paint job on the nose at one point, causing the paint to crack and fall off.... Its rough.

The lower parts of the trunk are just tape, there is no metal there!

:suspense:

Ready for a NICE interior????

This is where I show my love. This was a tough car..
First time i drove the hour to see it, on the way back i got pulled over in traffic for speeding! First ticket ever. And i was in traffic!
He wanted 500 for it... I offered 3, but didnt even want to pay that. Its really the crappyest one i ever got, minus the interior. I struggled, and he said the lowest was 350. I couldnt let that interior and CD player go! Sold... Ughhh my poop piggy bank.

Then on the way home... blew a tire out on the trailer on the ****in highway. Ugh.. With a cadillac on top to boot....

But its here, and its gona Die...... too bad... Such a nice interior.. in such a shitty car.

See less See more
#5 ·
WTH happened to the paint? And all the rust in the obscure spots???

#6 ·
WOW...awful, and it hasn't crossed 100k yet. Goes to show you what certain climates (without constant upkeep) can do to a car.

And then you open the door and...wow...again, but in the opposite way. At least those guts will go to great use elsewhere!

#10 ·
Nah, if you look at the undercarriage shot the exhaust is still hagin on!! lol.

Car was in maine at york beach. Right on the sea coast.... So that explains it.

Im not sure if it was worth the trouble.... tire, bent trailer wheel.... 75 speeding ticket.... and i ****ed up on the car. I should have offered 300 and said thats it. He came back with th 350... Most i ever spent on a car, but somehow the most rotted! Ugh...

#11 ·
Holy hell! That's pretty much the one reason I like the south. All you ever have to do is replace the vinyl top and get a respray. A car with one or two rust bubbles around the wheel well is considered rusted out.

Hmm, the steering wheel keeps looking at me. I also need to find a 1989-1992 grille.

Ben

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.