: Highly Recommended: The Bank Job.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-09-08, 02:48 PM
The Bank Job is one of the greatest heist flicks I've seen in a very long while, and I'd have to say heist movies are probably my favorite sub genre, so it's not like I'm easily impressed by any particular example.

The movie is set in London in 1970, and it all feels very authentic and true to it's era. This was one of the most impressive aspects of the movie in general.
The fashions, the hairstyles, the automobiles, the music, everything combines to create an extremely authentic feel of London at the end of the swingers era.

The movie is based on a true story, and it's all quite believeable and realistic. A wanted, infamous black underground leader has a few "portraits" of some highly respected British royalty in a compromising position(s), and the government hears about this and finds out where these photographs are located, and hires a rag-tag group of criminals (unbeknown to the criminals) to nab the photographs so they can carry on their way with the underground leader and restore British life to the way it was.

The plot flows together very well and it's quite suspenseful in parts, and not to sound like a cliche, but the plot keeps twisting and turning and leaving you hanging in the wind until the very end.

So go see it, it's awesome. :)

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809822716/details

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/lions_gate_films/the_bank_job/thebankjob_galleryposter.jpg

CadillacGurl
03-09-08, 02:51 PM
Right now I'm watching it online, I'll give it a rating tonight.

The Tony Show
03-10-08, 10:34 AM
I've been looking forward to seeing that, so thanks for the review. Glad to know it doesn't suck. :)

Jesda
03-10-08, 10:53 AM
I love Saffron Burrows. That was a fun flick!

CadillacGurl
03-10-08, 11:28 AM
To me it really didn't flow... it seemed very jumpy from the different scene to the next... sorry I'm in the film industry so ignore my post :p

I am a huge fan of Jason Statham though... I love the transporter movies :D

96Fleetwood
03-10-08, 11:57 AM
The first 45 minutes were pretty boring. It wasn't bad, but wasn't great either. British humor is so dry...

CadillacGurl
03-10-08, 12:07 PM
The first 45 minutes were pretty boring. It wasn't bad, but wasn't great either. British humor is so dry...

:yeah: Thankfully I know people that speak British so I caught on to the dialogue but at parts I was like ok I've had enough....