Cadillac Owners Forum banner

value of a unique 64 DeVille Convertible?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  malatu 
#1 ·
Hi Gang, can anyone steer me in the right direction for an appraiser in San Diego, or a national appraisal company that operates here?
A good friend of mine has a 1964 DeVille Convertible that he has had restored to ALMOST factory original.. The engine and transmission rebuilt, the heating and air conditions system rebuilt ( first year climate control) new top and top mechanicals, window motors redone, all the chrome re-dipped, interior re-upholstered in leather ( not vinyl) in the factory pattern ( but not exactly the factory grain) and then had a good quality repaint in a bubble gum pink pearl multi stage paint. and added gangster wide white walls with wheel covers from a 69 or 70....Anyway, the is a major attention getter, and reserved for parades every year.. but he's looking to sell it and we need an actual value.

on an unrelated note, I drove the car for a few days, and it's amazing.. people just smile when they see it, and little kids wave at it on the freeway.. it's very "California".very "Barbie"..
here's a couple of pics snapped after pulling out of storage this season, before any detailing..

Thanks, Matt

i
i

See less See more
#3 ·
No, I think the original color was black, and if I'm not mistaken, the repaint was done while the engine and interior was out of the car, so there is no trace of he original color showing in places like door jambs, trunk, or engine compartment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.