: 02 Deville keeps dying...please help!

Canes87
05-21-04, 12:37 AM
My parents own an 02 Deville that has died about a dozen times since they purchased it two years ago. The car can be started again if put into neutral, but this is very dangerous to have happen while in traffic! They have taken it to the dealership three times and the computer has not shown that anything is wrong. GM is denying that they can do anything about it since the computer has not "thrown" a code in the computer. Has anyone else with the 4.6L V8 Northstar had problems with their car randomly dying while they are driving along? At first they thought that it might be a sensor, but replacement did not solve the problem. Any ideas are much appreciated!

Lawrence
05-21-04, 02:28 AM
My only "guess" would be the voltage reg., which is in the alternator. BTW, you can't test it being an intermitant problem. Maybe the battery.

BeelzeBob
05-21-04, 11:45 AM
My parents own an 02 Deville that has died about a dozen times since they purchased it two years ago. The car can be started again if put into neutral, but this is very dangerous to have happen while in traffic! They have taken it to the dealership three times and the computer has not shown that anything is wrong. GM is denying that they can do anything about it since the computer has not "thrown" a code in the computer. Has anyone else with the 4.6L V8 Northstar had problems with their car randomly dying while they are driving along? At first they thought that it might be a sensor, but replacement did not solve the problem. Any ideas are much appreciated!

Replace the crank sensors. There are enough bulletines from the factory on this that the dealership must be asleep to not know about them. GM is not denying anything....it is the dealership personel that need help here.....The dealership is not "GM"....