: Got a baseline Dyno for my car today

Vecstasy
03-08-08, 06:51 PM
A mustang forum that I am a part of was holding a Dyno day so I went and threw the V on there just for a baseline. The car is bone stock and put down 330rwhp/310tq. I thought the numbers would of been a little higher but I drove the car 40 minutes to get to the Dyno shop and threw it right on the rollers so it had no cool down time. You guys think the numbers are pretty standard for a stock 05.

PISNUOFF
03-08-08, 08:06 PM
That number is right on with most stock V's.

bossplayer
03-08-08, 08:23 PM
That number is right on with most stock V's.

For most stock SILVER V's.

Leeman
03-08-08, 09:10 PM
I assume on a mustang dyno. I thought ona dynojet you'd see closer to 360.

-- Lee

Twitch
03-08-08, 10:18 PM
Yeah, that's about right. The black is a lil less, n the Redline is about 265 :sneaky:

AAIIIC
03-09-08, 01:09 AM
The car is bone stock and put down 330rwhp/310tq. I thought the numbers would of been a little higher ... You guys think the numbers are pretty standard for a stock 05.
Without knowing what kind of dyno it was it's impossible for us to tell you if those numbers are normal or not. I've seen as much as a 15% difference between dynoing my car on a Dynojet vs. on a Dyno Dynamics.

And how about throwing the dyno curves up here so we can see how they look? There's more to dyno results than peak numbers.

randycsvt
03-09-08, 01:26 AM
There's more to dyno results than peak numbers.

Not when you have VTAK!

bwaaaaaaaaaabwaaaaaaaBWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyways enough jokes. Please post the dyno charts. I would love to see what it looks like.

Vecstasy
03-09-08, 06:09 AM
Ill post it tomorrow for sure. I was surprised at how good the A/F was without a tune.

CIWS
03-09-08, 11:34 AM
Without knowing what kind of dyno it was it's impossible for us to tell you if those numbers are normal or not. I've seen as much as a 15% difference between dynoing my car on a Dynojet vs. on a Dyno Dynamics.

And how about throwing the dyno curves up here so we can see how they look? There's more to dyno results than peak numbers.

:yeah:

Plus differences in altitudes, temps, humidity, all factor in. The important thing here is you have a baseline dyno on your car :thumbsup:

This was my first baseline dyno on my CTS-V when it had about 1500 miles on it. This was a Mustang dyno.

http://ciws.net/ctsv///8x6dyno3.jpg

jbss71
03-09-08, 01:32 PM
holy fat a/r

JonCR96Z
03-09-08, 04:11 PM
:yeah:

Plus differences in altitudes, temps, humidity, all factor in. The important thing here is you have a baseline dyno on your car :thumbsup:

This was my first baseline dyno on my CTS-V when it had about 1500 miles on it. This was a Mustang dyno.

http://ciws.net/ctsv///8x6dyno3.jpg

You could lean that out a little bit a make 600rwhp.

CIWS
03-09-08, 05:13 PM
You could lean that out a little bit a make 600rwhp.

haha Yeah sure ;) Tell that to whomever the new owner is. :D

That was a baseline dyno on the car, stock, over 2 years ago. After that time several mods were done to the car, including a dyno tune. The whole point in posting that dyno chart was to show the originator of this thread he's in the ballpark HP wise for a stock CTS-V.