: Anyone here in Michigan

jevanof
03-07-08, 09:38 PM
I have a 98 STS with a bad headgasket and still debating if I want to do the job myself or have it done, does anyone know a good mechanic in Michigan or know a good way to find one?

thewireman*
03-07-08, 11:27 PM
Where in Michigan?

BigJon
03-08-08, 12:19 AM
i got mine done at my uncle shop for 2600$ best deal i found felt like a new car when i got it back... want more info let me know its in warren mi

jevanof
03-08-08, 12:30 AM
i am in grand rapids, but I am open to transporting the car anywhere within 300 miles. I just want to get the damn thing fixed

BigJon
03-08-08, 12:33 AM
well if you want info about my uncle i can give you his number etc etc.. or w/e let me know

jevanof
03-08-08, 02:20 AM
yea, email me his info
jevanof@yahoo.com

Cathys'cadi
01-28-09, 01:04 AM
I live in Cadillac and drive a 2000 Cadillac STS. It has 116K mi. It's been having some problems. Had to put front brakes on it, ball joints, electrical problems with the power windows, and now the ses light is on. Codes are reading P0335 and P1860, I guess it's a crank sensor and tran control. Other than these problems, I really like the car.

97EldoCoupe
01-28-09, 08:46 AM
Can you get it 2 hours across the border into Canada? Or at least across the border?

e2bwild
01-28-09, 09:07 AM
I have a 98 STS with a bad headgasket and still debating if I want to do the job myself or have it done, does anyone know a good mechanic in Michigan or know a good way to find one?

i live in Rochester Hills and could do the job for you.
I am a Mechanical Engineer during the day(hold a bachelor and Masters) and i also repair cars for family and friends.
i did a lot of engineering designs for oems (engines, chassis and exterior trim).
i usually do not repair cars for strangers but i have done many Caddys lately.

i own a 97 deville did the head job myself at 135K miles (now its 155k and still running) and also got a 2002 deville got the engine in the garage and redoing the heads right now.

i can do the job for you for $1700 and can give you a warantee.(i have a registered company)
If you like the car and want to keep it for a long time we can replace transmission sensors and other parts that are not accessible without pulling the engine out. i do not work per hour but per amount of work.
i replace all seals and gaskets when doing the job. Becareful shopping around because lots of shops reuse the same seals trying to save $$$$.
Also a lot shops also do not timessert the whole block, they just do it for the threads that where stripped again trying to save $$$.

My partner owns a shop in Brighton "Turbo Concepts". We preps engines for racing, overhaul engines and turbos, install EFI on carburated engines....
i can have him give you a quote if you are interested.

let me know what you want to do.

Elia