Cadillac Owners Forum banner

A truly different '79 Fleetwood

704 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  My_favorite_Brougham 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Looks just like my Olds wagon! It appears to be a regular GM wagon with all the Cadillac trim. I know the d-body had parallel quarter windows from 1980 on, but would d-body Cadillac doors from the 70s go on the b-body platform? Looks real good, and the seats appear to be fully functional (I wonder if the rear is cadillac upholstered).

Here's mine! (you bet it's a beater.. drive her till the wheels fall off!)

~Greg

#3 ·
OOO man thats bad ass. I know if i had a buch of kids my wife would be driving that no doubt!

If you ask me it looks like a regular sedan deville was taken, and they took the trunk out and rear window, and set a rear top part of the GM wagon right on top.

Greg, that olds brings back memories... I was taken home from the hospital in a 84 Pontiac Parisienne Wagon, all wood grained up! I later got the car when i was 16 and used it in a demo derby... But Ma and pops had it for 20 years... never left the family stranded, never any major issues. A solid car. My dad was proud to have it. Oo man... "the dragon wagon"

#4 ·
Oh man, the Safari Wagon is like the best GM wagon there was. I think the pontiac grill is the best lookin' grill (besides the Cadillac ones) that GM put on their RWDs. But it's also the most rare wagon out there. I wanted one, but I had to settle for the Olds 88 wagon, but I hate the Olds dashes. They're not symmetrical (love the Buick dash, though, with the airplane gauges!) The Pariseanne, however has a very nice dash that is basically a Caprice that is nicer imo. Why'd you demo it!?!?

Oh well, my grandma has an '84 Pariseanne sedan that she bought brand spankin' new! But it has an extremely underpowered V6 (Buick i think). But it's Texas-baked and would need a full resto. I've tossed around the idea of putting the front end on my Olds. But.... my grandma would have a fit if she saw me do anything but restore my granddad's "last car."

GM is great, ain't it!
~Greg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.