: Found my dog dead tonight.

93DevilleUSMC
03-07-08, 02:52 AM
Well, I was just driving home an hour ago when I found my sister's chow/husky mix dog, Faith, laying dead on the road. We had let her off of her leash so she could run around the yard and play. She ran out of the gate, and we called after her, but she never came back. She's done this before, so we thought she was exploring the neighborhood and would return home when she wanted to. I was coming back home from Wal-mart when I saw her laying there in the middle of the road. I pulled onto a side street, got out, and was praying that it wasn't her, even though some cold, logical part of me told me that it was unquestionably her. I've had that same sense every time I was ever about to her that I'd lost someone, but none of them had the spot in my heart that Faith did. I called Dad to help confirm her ID. He confirmed that it was her, and we pulled her off the road, then drove home.

We got Faith before I joined the Corps. I missed her while I was in the Corps, and I would always ask about her in my letters home. When I got back after seven months, she still recognized me and jumped on me to play. She would do that almost every day after that when I would leave or return home.

I know that losing a dog isn't as bad as losing a loved one, and I apologize if I'm wasting forum space. I did need to rant about this for a bit. Replies are welcome.

Jesda
03-07-08, 03:02 AM
:( :( :(

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-07-08, 03:02 AM
Damn man! Sorry to hear about that!!!

c5 rv
03-07-08, 03:05 AM
Very sad news. Sorry for your loss.

93DevilleUSMC
03-07-08, 03:32 AM
Thanks for the support, guys. It means a lot. I'll post an update in the next day or two.

Spyder
03-07-08, 04:02 AM
Many of us have lost animals that were very close to us...its never a good thing...never easy...and often taken for granted by those who don't understand it. Sorry to hear that you had to go through what you did and full support is offered, as I'm sure most of the forum will back me on this, many of us have been through similar circumstances at some point.

We wish you the best...

heavymetals
03-07-08, 05:02 AM
It's still a "loved one" and that is what matters and hurts the most.

Sorry for your loss.

Night Wolf
03-07-08, 06:37 AM
Many of us have lost animals that were very close to us...its never a good thing...never easy...and often taken for granted by those who don't understand it. Sorry to hear that you had to go through what you did and full support is offered, as I'm sure most of the forum will back me on this, many of us have been through similar circumstances at some point.

We wish you the best...

x2

Very sorry to hear about that, I've always liked that name quite a bit.

Chow/Huskey mix, musta been a very pretty dog.

93DevilleUSMC
03-07-08, 06:39 AM
x2

Very sorry to hear about that, I've always liked that name quite a bit.

Chow/Huskey mix, musta been a very pretty dog.

Thanks for the regards. I'll PM you with a pic of her if I can get it to work.

Rolex
03-07-08, 08:44 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a loyal friend is tough on you. I've been there.

Night Wolf
03-07-08, 09:01 AM
My cat I grew up with is showing his age.... hes 18 now, at my parents in Florida... which is quite old for a Manx, and one that has the vet history he does. Still though, while I will be able to deal with the unstoppable far better now then I would if I was a kid.... it's still hard to deal with, Growing up we had multiple animals (I mean multiple... the most at one time was 28) and it was so hard dealing with them passing on... especially my Siberian Huskey.... even our Grey Hound is getting older now, shes 10.... hard to believe how fast time is going, and shes showing her age too.... it really stinks, and when it happens, you'll say you'll never do it again... then you are walking thru a mall or something and see the kittens and puppies. I've got 3 cats of my own, 2 are kittens one is about 3yrs old... but it's tough, it really is.... and it's so true, people that don't have pets just shrug it off "its just a dog/cat/bird etc.... " Can't explain it tho, these animals have their own personality, they are unique in their own way just as we are.

RightTurn
03-07-08, 09:30 AM
Sorry for your loss. She will live in your heart forever. :yup:

minnesotamom
03-07-08, 09:48 AM
I had a Husky that loved to sneak out and run...she also got hit one night a few years ago and died. I cried for days. Unfortunately, those huskys love to run. I was listening to an interview with a dog expert one day, and a caller called in about their husky running all the time. He said "Huskys are great for staying in their own backyard..but the problem is they see the whole world as their backyards"..they're not territorial, which is what makes them such great family pets.
Anyway, I'm sorry for your loss and my best to you and your family as you mourn your beloved pet.

CIWS
03-07-08, 09:53 AM
I know that losing a dog isn't as bad as losing a loved one, and I apologize if I'm wasting forum space. I did need to rant about this for a bit. Replies are welcome.

Nonsense, if you loved your pet, it is a loved one. Unlike most humans our animals give us true unconditional love. That is nothing to simply be passed off if they are lost.

Truly sorry to hear of your loss. :(

codewize
03-07-08, 10:18 AM
That is so sad. I'm sorry. My boy is never off the leash, I just can't trust him.

Very sorry for your loss. :(

dkozloski
03-07-08, 10:37 AM
Unlike an opinion expressed earlier on this forum, I believe that all puppies DO GO to heaven. Now all you have to do is get yourself there.

CadillacGurl
03-07-08, 11:03 AM
I'm sorry about your loss. Believe me I miss my german shepherd like crazy.

BigJon
03-07-08, 11:59 AM
sorry about your loss, i hope things get better for ya

gdwriter
03-07-08, 12:18 PM
Nonsense, if you loved your pet, it is a loved one. Unlike most humans our animals give us true unconditional love. That is nothing to simply be passed off if they are lost.

Truly sorry to hear of your loss. :(:yeah:

I honestly believe our animals will be waiting for us in Heaven. How could it be Heaven if some of our dearest friends aren't there?

CTSV_Rob
03-07-08, 12:21 PM
Sorry to here about your loss, always tough to loose a loved one.

dkozloski
03-07-08, 01:13 PM
:yeah:

I honestly believe our animals will be waiting for us in Heaven. How could it be Heaven if some of our dearest friends aren't there?
Exactly.

93DevilleUSMC
03-07-08, 01:19 PM
:( :( :(

Damn man! Sorry to hear about that!!!

Very sad news. Sorry for your loss.

Thanks, guys.

We wish you the best...

Good post, man, and thank you.

It's still a "loved one" and that is what matters and hurts the most.

Sorry for your loss.

We always called her "the baby of the family", which she certainly was.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a loyal friend is tough on you. I've been there.

Lol she certainly was loyal. When I got discharged and came back from Parris Island, she recognized me instantly and jumped on me. Keep in mind, I was gone for about seven months.

My cat I grew up with is showing his age.... hes 18 now, at my parents in Florida... which is quite old for a Manx, and one that has the vet history he does. Still though, while I will be able to deal with the unstoppable far better now then I would if I was a kid.... it's still hard to deal with, Growing up we had multiple animals (I mean multiple... the most at one time was 28) and it was so hard dealing with them passing on... especially my Siberian Huskey.... even our Grey Hound is getting older now, shes 10.... hard to believe how fast time is going, and shes showing her age too.... it really stinks, and when it happens, you'll say you'll never do it again... then you are walking thru a mall or something and see the kittens and puppies. I've got 3 cats of my own, 2 are kittens one is about 3yrs old... but it's tough, it really is.... and it's so true, people that don't have pets just shrug it off "its just a dog/cat/bird etc.... " Can't explain it tho, these animals have their own personality, they are unique in their own way just as we are.

Man, you had a lot of animals! You would have gotten along well with my Aunt Debbie from Moultrie. At one time she had about 30 cats on or near her property.

You're absolutely right when you say that most people who own animals don't shrug it off when they die. Dogs like Faith just become something you're used to petting or feeding when you come home. It won't be easy for you when the grey hound goes one day, but hey, the dog will have had a long life and a good owner. Faith had a short life, but I tried to be good to her while she was here.

I had a Husky that loved to sneak out and run...she also got hit one night a few years ago and died. I cried for days. Unfortunately, those huskys love to run. I was listening to an interview with a dog expert one day, and a caller called in about their husky running all the time. He said "Huskys are great for staying in their own backyard..but the problem is they see the whole world as their backyards"..they're not territorial, which is what makes them such great family pets.
Anyway, I'm sorry for your loss and my best to you and your family as you mourn your beloved pet.

She loved running and exploring. We actually used to let her off at night to run before a neighbor complained, at which point we just kept her on a leash the whole time. I remember chasing that dog over about a square mile one time when she got away.

Thanks for the condolences.

Truly sorry to hear of your loss. :(

This one certainly loved us.

That is so sad. I'm sorry. My boy is never off the leash, I just can't trust him.

Very sorry for your loss. :(

Unlike an opinion expressed earlier on this forum, I believe that all puppies DO GO to heaven. Now all you have to do is get yourself there.

Will do, sir.

I'm sorry about your loss. Believe me I miss my german shepherd like crazy.

I'm sorry, what happened to her?

sorry about your loss, i hope things get better for ya

Thanks, man.

I've always wondered about that. I'll find out one day.

Sorry to here about your loss, always tough to loose a loved one.

Indeed, sir, indeed. Thank you.

93DevilleUSMC
03-07-08, 01:24 PM
Well, the whole family buried her this morning. We'll be getting a marker for her soon. Thanks again for all of the comments. This forum is a good place to be when you're down and need to hear some encouragement.

Again, thank you all.

minnesotamom
03-07-08, 01:56 PM

Absolutely. About a year after my dog, Emma, was hit and killed my 15 year old daughter passed away. I know 100% in my heart that Emma was right there waiting to lick her knees (Emma's favorite thing to do) when she got to Heaven.

DLE
03-07-08, 02:08 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss. :(

I bet he was your best friend. I mean. Try this friend test. You will know the truth. :P

Here's how you do it---Lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car.

Three hours later, let them out and see who is happy to see you. :D

Seriously, my wife and I have a chihuahua and she is our family. So my thoughts are with you and your family.

93DevilleUSMC
03-07-08, 03:10 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss. :(

I bet he was your best friend. I mean. Try this friend test. You will know the truth. :P

Here's how you do it---Lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car.

Three hours later, let them out and see who is happy to see you. :D

Seriously, my wife and I have a chihuahua and she is our family. So my thoughts are with you and your family.

Lol well, I am single, so I can't try that test just now.

Thanks for the thoughts. My sister was the primary owner of the dog, and she was doing a lot of crying last night.

Btw, the dog was a she.

JC316
03-07-08, 03:26 PM
Sorry to hear that. It always sucks to loose a pet. I have lost numerous cats to the road and it never gets any easier. My Chow died at 15 in the back yard, I never really liked that dog till he was gone. Two days after his death, I got a Rottwieler, it was the best descision that I could have made. My advice is to go out and get a puppy, it will help and you will get a new friend.

cooncat
03-07-08, 03:43 PM
I have to add my sentiments as well. I have lost three cats since I was an adult and living on my own and a Gordon Setter when I was much younger. It is difficult with each one. They are loved ones and sometimes I think more loving than humans are. I grieved for every lost.

You are in my thoughts. These forums are wonderful for the little bit of support we need when we are down.

By the way, I want to thank you for being so brave and serving our country they you did. My hat is off to you.

blue07cts
03-07-08, 03:48 PM
man i am truley sorry to hear this. we have quite a few animals and if ANYTHING happened to ANY of them it would be like loosing a brother...

Fire and Ice
03-07-08, 03:50 PM
When things like this happen, words alone just cannot make things better, but we at D3 wish to express our condolences on your loss. Pets are often considered by many people to be a family member so no apology is necessary for sharing your feelings. I'm very sorry to hear about Faith.

Craig

CadillacGurl
03-07-08, 03:58 PM
I'm sorry, what happened to her?
(This was about 15 years ago) Sadly, we had to put Magnum down... one of the few times I've seen my dad cry since he had her when he was a bachelor. She was going blind and barely could walk. She couldn't recognize people anymore and lashed out... :( One of the most loyal I have grown up with.

When I get an apartment next year, I'm getting a German Shepherd. I see them all the time in Chicago and it makes me want to get one even more.

Florian
03-07-08, 04:08 PM
sorry to hear about your pooch....never easy to lose a friend.

thanks for your service to our country.

F

Submariner409
03-07-08, 07:05 PM
USMC.......Semper Fidelis. Just like FAITH. Bummer.

DILLIGAF
03-07-08, 07:41 PM
Sorry for your loss bro.Dogs are the best!

AlBundy
03-07-08, 09:46 PM
I'm sorry as well. What pisses me off is the douche didn't even take the time to take her off the road.

gary88
03-07-08, 09:57 PM
Real sorry to hear about that. My 19 year old cat died a few weeks ago, so I know how tough something like this can be.

93DevilleUSMC
03-07-08, 10:04 PM
I have to add my sentiments as well. I have lost three cats since I was an adult and living on my own and a Gordon Setter when I was much younger. It is difficult with each one. They are loved ones and sometimes I think more loving than humans are. I grieved for every lost.

You are in my thoughts. These forums are wonderful for the little bit of support we need when we are down.

By the way, I want to thank you for being so brave and serving our country they you did. My hat is off to you.

man i am truley sorry to hear this. we have quite a few animals and if ANYTHING happened to ANY of them it would be like loosing a brother...

When things like this happen, words alone just cannot make things better, but we at D3 wish to express our condolences on your loss. Pets are often considered by many people to be a family member so no apology is necessary for sharing your feelings. I'm very sorry to hear about Faith.

Craig

Wow, I really did not expect this much support from everyone. It makes me proud to be here.

93DevilleUSMC
03-07-08, 10:06 PM
(This was about 15 years ago) Sadly, we had to put Magnum down... one of the few times I've seen my dad cry since he had her when he was a bachelor. She was going blind and barely could walk. She couldn't recognize people anymore and lashed out... :( One of the most loyal I have grown up with.

When I get an apartment next year, I'm getting a German Shepherd. I see them all the time in Chicago and it makes me want to get one even more.

I'm sorry to hear that. How old was she?

93DevilleUSMC
03-07-08, 10:09 PM
USMC.......Semper Fidelis. Just like FAITH. Bummer.

Semper Fidelis ("Always Faithful" for those who don't speaking Navy/Marine Corps) described her exactly. She was always loyal. She would bark at anyone who even got close to our yard at night, and she always had the mailman asking me if she bit. Even though I doubt she'd have done much, she looked out for my family. She was Always Faithful.

93DevilleUSMC
03-07-08, 10:12 PM
I'm sorry as well. What pisses me off is the douche didn't even take the time to take her off the road.

Yeah, he/she was probably too busy yacking on his/her cell phone speeding home to watch a recap of American Idol or catch up on Britney's newest crack binge. :mad:

93DevilleUSMC
03-07-08, 10:12 PM
sorry to hear about your pooch....never easy to lose a friend.

thanks for your service to our country.

F

You're welcome, and thank you.

ejguillot
03-08-08, 12:14 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss. Sounds like you had a good and faithful friend there.

93DevilleUSMC
03-08-08, 12:28 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss. Sounds like you had a good and faithful friend there.

Yep, sure did. :-)

CadillacGurl
03-08-08, 12:41 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. How old was she?

She was around 16 years old...

93DevilleUSMC
03-08-08, 12:55 AM
She was around 16 years old...

Wow, that's old for a dog. Faith was projected to live about 18 years.

thebigjimsho
03-08-08, 03:34 AM
I'm also very sorry, albeit a bit late. I lost my K2 a year and a half ago. He was 15 1/2 and fiercely loyal. I still break down and cry over him once in a while.

Someone said to get another dog right away. I waited a while. I mourned him. You'll know when the time is right. I waited well over 2 months. Then I got a little girl. Whenever I get sad over K2, I give as much love as I can to Nikki.

Dogs are truly awesome creatures.

77CDV
03-08-08, 04:27 AM
Not a good week for the Forum's stalwarts. My belated condolences on your loss.

Sandy
03-08-08, 08:48 AM
So sorry. Get another dog, quickly. It will ease the pain !

93DevilleUSMC
03-08-08, 01:41 PM
I'm also very sorry, albeit a bit late. I lost my K2 a year and a half ago. He was 15 1/2 and fiercely loyal. I still break down and cry over him once in a while.

Someone said to get another dog right away. I waited a while. I mourned him. You'll know when the time is right. I waited well over 2 months. Then I got a little girl. Whenever I get sad over K2, I give as much love as I can to Nikki.

Dogs are truly awesome creatures.

I screamed and hammered my Deville's center arm rest when it hit me. I want a new dog, but my sister doesn't right now, and Dad doesn't want one until his financial situation improves.

Another thing I miss about Faith. When we'd let her run around the yard, she would always come running to my car if she saw my open the driver's door and sit down. She loved getting up close and sniffing the leather on my door, too.

xshrpshtr
03-08-08, 01:41 PM
I wish you hadn't had to find her. Our German sheperd got arthritis to where we had to put him down. He was there since I can remember. He went when I was 12. I am 39 now and still miss him sometimes. My son is 10 now. He wants a dog. I will be getting him one as soon as we settle somewhere.

93DevilleUSMC
03-08-08, 01:42 PM
So sorry. Get another dog, quickly. It will ease the pain !

I plan to, but it's going to be a while until my sister gets over Faith.

93DevilleUSMC
03-08-08, 03:50 PM
I wish you hadn't had to find her. Our German sheperd got arthritis to where we had to put him down. He was there since I can remember. He went when I was 12. I am 39 now and still miss him sometimes. My son is 10 now. He wants a dog. I will be getting him one as soon as we settle somewhere.

Actually, I'm glad we found her. My sister was getting worried that she'd been hit, and at least this way she doesn't have to think that the dog ran off.

What kind of dog does your son want?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-08-08, 04:08 PM
Real sorry to hear about that. My 19 year old cat died a few weeks ago, so I know how tough something like this can be.

Oh no way! Not that big'un that we saw at you house?!?! :(

xshrpshtr
03-08-08, 04:47 PM
he would be happy with anything. I grew up around animals all my life(lived on a farm). I'm thinking a medium size short hair good with kids...I'm kinda in dire financial straights right now and need to wait to see where I am to end up before getting a pet. A pet. Like a child. Needs a stable environment.
Actually, I'm glad we found her. My sister was getting worried that she'd been hit, and at least this way she doesn't have to think that the dog ran off.

What kind of dog does your son want?

93DevilleUSMC
03-08-08, 05:25 PM
he would be happy with anything. I grew up around animals all my life(lived on a farm). I'm thinking a medium size short hair good with kids...I'm kinda in dire financial straights right now and need to wait to see where I am to end up before getting a pet. A pet. Like a child. Needs a stable environment.

Get him a chow/husky mix. Faith was three years old, 2 1/4 feet long, 2ft tall. Short hair, but thick, and very friendly.

I'm thinking of just buying my sis a dog when she wants it and paying for the dog food, to save my parents the money.

xshrpshtr
03-08-08, 07:32 PM
I had a husky when I was in high school. Someone walked into my back yard and walked off with her. Not sure what breed yet. We had a blue healer for awhile. It was the smartest dog I ever saw. Absolutely nothing happened that dog was not aware of.

Jon
03-08-08, 07:47 PM
I'm sorry to hear that :(

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

xshrpshtr
03-08-08, 07:49 PM
Jon. wow.

Jon
03-08-08, 08:41 PM
Jon. wow.
I didn't write that...

xshrpshtr
03-08-08, 08:47 PM
It's Ok. Niether did Obama but that won't stop him from using it if he needs to.

93DevilleUSMC
03-08-08, 10:37 PM
I had a husky when I was in high school. Someone walked into my back yard and walked off with her. Not sure what breed yet. We had a blue healer for awhile. It was the smartest dog I ever saw. Absolutely nothing happened that dog was not aware of.

What do blue healers look like?

minnesotamom
03-08-08, 11:07 PM
I had a friend with a Heeler and he was exceptionally smart, too. They're actually descended from dingos, you know.

It's amazing how much response your story has received. People love their animals.

Hard as it is when you lose someone or something that you love, there is always pain...which is how it should be. It's the price we pay for our humanity.

If you make it through life without your heart being a broken, scarred up mess..then it means you haven't loved enough.

xshrpshtr
03-09-08, 12:23 AM
Yes that's right. He was a Queensland Blue Healer. My dad had him. He got heart worms and died. All the healers I have seen are white with black splotches and spots on them. Some are a gray. Damn neat dogs. I would sure like to get a dog. I have to resist until I can see how my story ends up.

93DevilleUSMC
03-09-08, 04:43 AM
I had a friend with a Heeler and he was exceptionally smart, too. They're actually descended from dingos, you know.

It's amazing how much response your story has received. People love their animals.

Hard as it is when you lose someone or something that you love, there is always pain...which is how it should be. It's the price we pay for our humanity.

If you make it through life without your heart being a broken, scarred up mess..then it means you haven't loved enough.

In my Church, we teach that pain is a part of life that God gives us to help us learn and become stronger. This is making me better somehow.

minnesotamom
03-09-08, 11:54 AM
In my Church, we teach that pain is a part of life that God gives us to help us learn and become stronger. This is making me better somehow.

Yes, it is. Or will..if you let it.

illumina
03-09-08, 07:05 PM
I'm a little late, but I'm sorry to heart about this. Christmas 2002 we lost our Chow-Shepherd mix, Raven. Someone had opened the gate the night before and we didn't notice it until after she escaped onto her last adventure. The day after Christmas, we were called by the local post office; they had found her dead :( . She was hit by a car apparently about 5-6 miles from home; wasn't mangled or anything, thank God, but it still sucked. We had her cremated and have her urn in my mothers house.

93DevilleUSMC
03-10-08, 05:37 AM
Yes, it is. Or will..if you let it.

"If you let it" being the key words here.

93DevilleUSMC
03-10-08, 05:40 AM
I'm a little late, but I'm sorry to heart about this. Christmas 2002 we lost our Chow-Shepherd mix, Raven. Someone had opened the gate the night before and we didn't notice it until after she escaped onto her last adventure. The day after Christmas, we were called by the local post office; they had found her dead :( . She was hit by a car apparently about 5-6 miles from home; wasn't mangled or anything, thank God, but it still sucked. We had her cremated and have her urn in my mothers house.

Thanks for the post anyway, man. You lost your dog on Christmas! I can't imagine what that would feel like.

What'd she look like?

minnesotamom
03-10-08, 09:13 AM
"If you let it" being the key words here.

Yup, that it is. You don't have a lot of control over a lot of things that will happen to you in life, the only thing that you have control over is how you react to it. Emotional pain is inevitable for all of us. You just learn and grow and don't let it make you bitter.

I work with a woman that I've nicknamed (in my head) Eeyore...she's had a lot of heartache in her life, and I sympathize...but you wouldn't believe how she still carries it around with her..like a big old sack of rocks slung over her shoulder. She dwells on things that happened 30..40 years ago. It's not healthy for us.

Reading through your posts, I've been impressed by several things. Not only do you seem like a very bright young man, but you seem to also value your family, God and your country. Keep that with you and you'll do well in life. Your mom must be very proud (and tell her that I said so..Mom's like to hear when they've done a good job)

Sorry if I'm being overly philosophical..groggy-headed from the daylight savings thing

93DevilleUSMC
03-10-08, 05:40 PM
Yup, that it is. You don't have a lot of control over a lot of things that will happen to you in life, the only thing that you have control over is how you react to it. Emotional pain is inevitable for all of us. You just learn and grow and don't let it make you bitter.

I work with a woman that I've nicknamed (in my head) Eeyore...she's had a lot of heartache in her life, and I sympathize...but you wouldn't believe how she still carries it around with her..like a big old sack of rocks slung over her shoulder. She dwells on things that happened 30..40 years ago. It's not healthy for us.

Reading through your posts, I've been impressed by several things. Not only do you seem like a very bright young man, but you seem to also value your family, God and your country. Keep that with you and you'll do well in life. Your mom must be very proud (and tell her that I said so..Mom's like to hear when they've done a good job)

Sorry if I'm being overly philosophical..groggy-headed from the daylight savings thing

When I was in boot camp, I didn't have any control over anything that happened to me at any time. I only had control over how fast I moved and how loud I screamed. I saw a lot of guys that wouldn't even exercise control over that, and they all got dishonorable or general discharges, usually for being crazy. My point being Marine Corps lesson #1, you have to be in control of yourself no matter what happens.

Marine Corps lesson # 2: As far as your eeyore coworker goes, I can only imagine the headaches. The "my prom sucked" story has to have been worn out the first five times she's probably told it to you, let alone the last five hundred! When I was in PCP (Physical Conditioning Platoon), we had a recruit named Beck. This guy just would not make any effort to do his pull-ups, and just sat on his freaking footlocker all day waiting for his 180 days to fill out so he could be sent home with an FTA( failure to adapt) discharge. The Marine Corps lesson being: shut up and live/play/fight/insert-action-verb-here.

Thanks for your comments, and I will pass them on to my mother!

93DevilleUSMC
03-10-08, 05:43 PM

Lol you should see me when I'm tired.

SWRidin
03-10-08, 06:09 PM
that sucks

93DevilleUSMC
03-11-08, 02:14 PM
that sucks

True that.

93DevilleUSMC
03-12-08, 07:24 AM
Some pictures of Faith. The first one was taken while I was away at boot camp and sent to me in a letter; the second one is of Faith trying to sniff my sister's camera.

minnesotamom
03-12-08, 09:33 AM
Awww...she was a sweety.

93DevilleUSMC
03-12-08, 02:11 PM
That she is/was.

93DevilleUSMC
04-07-08, 05:09 AM
Moderators, can you lock this thread? I don't want it getting resurrected by some spammer.