: Where to buy distilled water?

Jesda
03-06-08, 11:08 PM
I need to top off my cooling system but Wal-Mart no longer carries distilled water. All they have now are Spring Water, taken from a spring in Illinois, and Drinking Water, taken from a municipal tap and filtered by reverse osmosis.

I had no luck at the grocery store, nor Autozone. BMW requires a special fill of overpriced blue coolant that can't mix safely (for very long) with green antifreeze without turning to sludge, so I'm reluctant to buy a jug of 50/50.

CadillacGurl
03-06-08, 11:13 PM
You check with those huge water jugs they sell to offices?? I've seen commercials for distilled water in those huge jugs... I'm surprised Wal-Mart doesn't have them but you said they don't carry it anymore. Are there any Target stores around?? Maybe check the gas station mini mart???

MauiV
03-06-08, 11:22 PM
So how much do you need? It really isnt that hard to make, its just kinda time consuming. All you have to do is boil water and then collect the condensation on a sloped object, I would recommend a plastic bag or glass pain with a collection bowl underneath.

hueterm
03-06-08, 11:30 PM
why can't you use reverse osmosis water? i don't think you'd want added minerals (i.e. dasani), but I don't think Culligan adds minerals to theirs.

CadillacGurl
03-06-08, 11:36 PM
Aquafina??

MauiV
03-06-08, 11:41 PM
Isnt Aquafina out of the Detroit River?

Red_October_7000
03-06-08, 11:51 PM
The Pharmacy will have it. It's sometimes fed to babies, and to people with peculiar medical conditions. It's also the only shit you want to use in any kind of fountain or everywhere around the fountain there will be white crap growing on shit.

Jesda
03-06-08, 11:52 PM
Ahh, Walgreens! Thanks Red October. :)

Spyder
03-06-08, 11:52 PM
Wally world here has it, but why would you want to feed the machine?

heavymetals
03-07-08, 04:05 AM
Steam iron, distilled/water.

Where the heck do you live?

I can get it at my grocery store.

JC316
03-07-08, 04:40 AM
heh, I have a couple of distillers in case I need any. Most gas stations have it around here.

Night Wolf
03-07-08, 05:34 AM
I need to top off my cooling system but Wal-Mart no longer carries distilled water. All they have now are Spring Water, taken from a spring in Illinois, and Drinking Water, taken from a municipal tap and filtered by reverse osmosis.

I had no luck at the grocery store, nor Autozone. BMW requires a special fill of overpriced blue coolant that can't mix safely (for very long) with green antifreeze without turning to sludge, so I'm reluctant to buy a jug of 50/50.

Walmart dosn't carry it long ago...

most normal grovery chain stores carry it though.

But... check Advance Auto, the Prestone coolant is compatible with all makes/models.... the BMW weird stuff and Dexcool etc.... then it's rebadged for cheaper as the Advance Autoparts brand.

codewize
03-07-08, 03:06 PM
WalMart here still has it, want me to send you some?

Almost any grocery store should have distilled water. At least they do here. WalMart was by far the cheapest.

Jesda
03-07-08, 03:55 PM
Walgreens saved the day.

Submariner409
03-07-08, 06:08 PM
Yep...drugstore, but distilled and deionized water (in grocery stores) is in Housewares, not Perrier........

Chicano-Mexicano
03-07-08, 07:19 PM
The Jewel by me always has distiled water