: Transmission Help

timored
03-06-08, 09:46 PM
I have a Cadillac Escalade 2006. It has 18,000 miles on it. When i am driving and then when i press on the brake i feel and hear a thump noise somewhere bellow. I took it to the dealer a couple of times. They said all gm motor vechicles do that. Is that true. Do u feel a thump when u press on the brake and almost completely stopped? Thanks for the info.

Transporter
03-07-08, 12:19 AM
i had the same problem with my 2005 avalanche when i 1st got it so,the 1st time i took it in they said that the u joints in the rear were mangled. they replaced them due to warranty work then i bought it back again b/c i still heard the noise they said that gm put out a new code for the tranny. ok that was done to thanks to warranty work. ok now i still heard the noise then thats when the dealer said, "it is common for gm truck's to make that sound" so i said ok. hasn't broke down yet and it has 80k. hope this helps you aswell as make you feel better :thumbsup:

hcvone
03-07-08, 08:00 AM
Not sure if there is a trans software update like some of the 07's needed for a banging when slowing down to almost a stop.

z06bigbird
03-07-08, 08:39 PM
Torque convertor locking up like Buicks used to??