: Help with the Maggie needed

csp3000
03-06-08, 03:57 PM
The maggie should be sometime next week:cloud9: and I want to get to things for it before I install it. :yup:

1) Meth injection kit
2) 2.6 instead of running the 2.8 pully.

So here is what I need...
Where can I get a good Meth injection kit and a 2.6 pully to swap out.

rand49er
03-06-08, 04:01 PM
1) ask onebadcad or stkshr or Blacksunshine or ...

2) http://www.pulleyboys.com/radix.html

csp3000
03-06-08, 04:10 PM
1)
2) http://www.pulleyboys.com/radix.html

Thanks rand49er:thumbsup:

I checked out the site and I was wondering if you or anyone else knows if anyone ever ran a 2.5 pulley for our car. Because I would like as most boost as i can get but I dont want it to start slipping because it is to small...

stkshkr
03-06-08, 05:27 PM
Alkycontrol http://alkycontrol.com/ is the best IMHO, Julio will take care of you. I think a 2.5 will cause a lot of slip.

rand49er
03-06-08, 06:18 PM
Thanks rand49er:thumbsup:

I checked out the site and I was wondering if you or anyone else knows if anyone ever ran a 2.5 pulley for our car. Because I would like as most boost as i can get but I dont want it to start slipping because it is to small...Instead of going even smaller with the front pulley, another thought would be to increase the size of the crank pulley. ECS has a larger one for the V ... 8", I think (vs the stocker at about 7-1/4" or 7.335" ?). Last I looked, they wanted about $500 for it ... a little pricey in my book. It's also setup for an 8 rib belt, I think ... but, I believe you can still use it with a 6 rib belt.

If you have a 2.8" pulley now, the 8" crank pulley will give you a bit more boost than if you went to a 2.6" front pulley and will do so with less risk of slippage. It will, however, overdrive your accessories a bit, but if you're like me and drive at very low RPMs all or most of the time, it's a non-issue.

Now, if you did both a bigger crank pulley AND the 2.6" front pulley ... well, you could be like 1meanV ... he left his diff in the road.:eek:

csp3000
03-07-08, 09:44 AM
Alkycontrol http://alkycontrol.com/ is the best IMHO, Julio will take care of you. I think a 2.5 will cause a lot of slip.

Thanks stkshkr...:thumbsup: I am going to call him today...:yup:

atdeneve
03-07-08, 12:32 PM
I think you could also increase boost by changing the pulley on the rear of the maggie. Pretty sure it was Onebadcad who had this done by Magnuson.

My question would be whether this was a one time deal/favor kinda thing or if it was a service that they would provide for customers, cuz I recall him saying that it was a friend that was able to get Magnuson to do the conversion. So, you might wanna check wit him on that.

stkshkr
03-07-08, 01:57 PM
Magnuson will change the rear belts for anyone, turnaround time is about two weeks.
I would not recommend this for anyone with a stock motor.
To much boost + stock motor = kaboom
If you really want that kind of power, build a motor, upgrade the fuel system and get a Procharger

csp3000
03-07-08, 02:42 PM
I think you could also increase boost by changing the pulley on the rear of the maggie. Pretty sure it was Onebadcad who had this done by Magnuson.

My question would be whether this was a one time deal/favor kinda thing or if it was a service that they would provide for customers, cuz I recall him saying that it was a friend that was able to get Magnuson to do the conversion. So, you might wanna check wit him on that.

Thanks for the info atdeneve.

Magnuson will change the rear belts for anyone, turnaround time is about two weeks.
I would not recommend this for anyone with a stock motor.
To much boost + stock motor = kaboom
If you really want that kind of power, build a motor, upgrade the fuel system and get a Procharger

I am going to be buliding up the bottom end of the V soon. I will have the parts in about month so untill then I think a pulley swap and meth injection will do. Plus I have heads and cams coming in about two months and the more I think about it I'll prob do the heads and cams I when I do the bottom end as well to save some cash.

Regarding the procharger I just dont want to do that much fabing around the engine bay so if I really wanted more boost I would either get the m122 or wait for the new 2300 to be available for our cars. On a side note anyone hear anything about the billet steal diff?? Like when if ever can we get one and how much.

rand49er
03-07-08, 04:42 PM
... anyone hear anything about the billet steal diff?? ...Global warming has missed Cleveland this year. And, they're about to become snowbound again tonight, so I bet testing time has been very limited.

(BTW, it's billet steel ... not steal. Then again, we don't know how much it's gonna cost yet, do we? :rolleyes:)

trukk
03-07-08, 04:51 PM
<SNIP>...Plus I have heads and cams coming in about two months and the more I think about it I'll prob do the heads and cams I when I do the bottom end as well to save some cash.
</SNIP>

Wow, that's gonna be a beast.

BTW, it's cam, not cams, we got's push rod's hommie :yup: :thumbsup: :D

-Chris