: Clicking BOSE Speaker

racinrod67
03-05-08, 03:05 PM
I have a 1996 Seville STS with the factory Bose stereo system in it. I was working on the engine yesterday, had the battery disconnected and when everything was put back together and powered up, the right rear speaker had a steady clicking noise - even with the stereo turned off. I had to get in the trunk and disconnect the thing. Is it blown or what?:confused:

racinrod67
03-07-08, 08:08 PM
Plugged the speaker back in today, no clicking sound until the ignition was turned on and then there it was. Turned the ignition back off and the clicking noise kept going until I unplugged the speaker. Anyone have any ideas? Is it the amp, the speaker itself or do you just replace the whole unit?!?!?

JC316
03-07-08, 09:57 PM
I would say that the amp is gone. The amp is attached to the bottom of the speaker. Once you key on, the accessories will stay on till you open the door, get it clicking and then open the door and see if it is still clicking, my bet is that it's not.

racinrod67
03-08-08, 12:51 AM
Is the amp portion of the speaker serviceable or do you have to replace the whole unit?