: Bars Leak "Oil additive" not Coolant!!

Biggp0
05-20-04, 02:23 PM
Just curious if anyone has tried the Oil Stop leak from Bars Leak. I no every one suggest the Bars Leak tablets for the coolant and this is what I use.
I have a '96 SLS with 144k on it, she runs great and has for the 3 years ive had her. My problem now is the burning oil smell I get when driving. One day I plan on drooping the engine and doing pan gaskets and also timserts and the works but that is still a while down the road.
Anyway just wanted some opinions on the Stop Leak since most products like these are a waste of money. Thanxs

Biggp0
05-20-04, 05:53 PM
Anybody?!:cheers:

86caddtwithflows
05-20-04, 07:19 PM
buddy of mine had a lil leak by the main seal and it worked for him so far

Lawrence
05-21-04, 02:37 AM
Just curious if anyone has tried the Oil Stop leak from Bars Leak. I no every one suggest the Bars Leak tablets for the coolant and this is what I use.
I have a '96 SLS with 144k on it, she runs great and has for the 3 years ive had her. My problem now is the burning oil smell I get when driving. One day I plan on drooping the engine and doing pan gaskets and also timserts and the works but that is still a while down the road.
Anyway just wanted some opinions on the Stop Leak since most products like these are a waste of money. Thanxs
Not likely it will help, but as long as you don't overdose it it couldn't hurt to try it. If it doesn't help don't bother trying any others.

oki-inu
05-21-04, 05:40 AM
I've used it and it will not solve your problem, it didn't solve mine.