: eibach rear lowering spacers

v10boost
03-05-08, 05:36 AM
Hi,

I have lowered my car with Eibach springs but rear sits too high. I read a thread about how to fix the problem by changing few things in rear shock mounts. Where can I get those parts to do this mod? I really don't want to guess and start making my own parts.

Thanks

kgoch
03-05-08, 10:06 AM
I found that the shock mod still did not lower the back to match the front. I used QA1 shocks and those made the ride height perfect with the Eibach springs.

v10boost
03-05-08, 01:12 PM
I found that the shock mod still did not lower the back to match the front. I used QA1 shocks and those made the ride height perfect with the Eibach springs.

how will using qa1 in rear with facotry shock on front going to change the handling?

Where did you get the spacers and do you still hve them?

Thanks

trukk
03-05-08, 02:07 PM
V10,

I have a set of the spacers. I promised them to John Conger, but I can let you borrow them if you'd like to use them as a template to make you own.

Let me know,

Chris

P.S. I'm checking to see if John still needs them. If not you can have them.

Nels
03-05-08, 02:22 PM
I have a few sets of rear shock spacers available if you are interested.

v10boost
03-05-08, 02:29 PM
I have one set of rear shock spacers available if you are interested.

yes, I would like to get them from you:yup:. I'll PM you my address.

Thank you
Chris

v10boost
03-05-08, 02:34 PM
V10,

I have a set of the spacers. I promised them to John Conger, but I can let you borrow them if you'd like to use them as a template to make you own.

Let me know,

Chris

P.S. I'm checking to see if John still needs them. If not you can have them.

Hey Trukk,

Thanks but Nels is shipping me his extra set. BTW, are you ready for lindsay track days?

trukk
03-05-08, 02:45 PM
Hey Trukk,

Thanks but Nels is shipping me his extra set. BTW, are you ready for lindsay track days?

I'll never truely be ready :D

I would like to have my cam install done by then. Oh, and I still need to score a set of cheap track rims for my hoosiers.

-Chris

Nels
03-05-08, 04:35 PM
Hey Trukk,

I'll be ready by then. I'm looking forward to it.

trukk
03-05-08, 04:39 PM
I'll be ready by then. I'm looking forward to it.

Nelson,

I'm really looking forward to checking out your car. Have you done much/any in the way of weight reduction?

-Chris

v10boost
03-05-08, 05:32 PM
Nelson,

I'm really looking forward to checking out your car. Have you done much/any in the way of weight reduction?

-Chris

I have done basic mods to the car. Next monday my car is going to safe and sound in manassas for stereo upgrade and they are going to change all the cream color head liners and other things with black suede. safe and sound is going to do fiberglass sub box with JL amps, separits, clean sweep etc...

Once I get V back from stereo shop, Jeff at PSI going to install, full 3" kooks headers with B&B's 3" sport catback, cam, maggie, 90mm tb, loaded cnc heads, and tuning. probably going to put down low to mid 500s, i hope. I was going to build a new 370in using stock crank with lower comp but just can't have my car down that long.

To finish it off, I'm working with john at ccw to make me 19" sp550 or sp600-W with ps2. SP600-w is new thing I'm working with him now. it is just like sp600 but will not have that tapered spokes, spokes will have same width all the way from center to the lip.

Than my V is completed.

trukk
03-05-08, 06:52 PM
I have done basic mods to the car. Next monday my car is going to safe and sound in manassas for stereo upgrade and they are going to change all the cream color head liners and other things with black suede. safe and sound is going to do fiberglass sub box with JL amps, separits, clean sweep etc...

Once I get V back from stereo shop, Jeff at PSI going to install, full 3" kooks headers with B&B's 3" sport catback, cam, maggie, 90mm tb, loaded cnc heads, and tuning. probably going to put down low to mid 500s, i hope. I was going to build a new 370in using stock crank with lower comp but just can't have my car down that long.

To finish it off, I'm working with john at ccw to make me 19" sp550 or sp600-W with ps2. SP600-w is new thing I'm working with him now. it is just like sp600 but will not have that tapered spokes, spokes will have same width all the way from center to the lip.

Than my V is completed.

Look forward to seeing it.

I hope you get it all done. Sounds like a lot of stuf to do in 2 months. Remember to give yourself so shakedown time before the event. Would suck to miss it, or worse have something new break on the track.

-Chris

v10boost
03-05-08, 06:56 PM
Look forward to seeing it.

I hope you get it all done. Sounds like a lot of stuf to do in 2 months. Remember to give yourself so shakedown time before the event. Would suck to miss it, or worse have something new break on the track.

-Chris

oh man, that would really suck!

My only thing concern now is the clutch. My car is right now at lindsay because it might have rear main problem. If it is rear main should I just go and put ls7 stuff in the car? I heard they are lighter but i'm not sure how much hp it can handle.

do you think factory pressure plate with uuc flywheel with hold 550rwhp?

trukk
03-05-08, 07:05 PM
oh man, that would really suck!

My only thing concern now is the clutch. My car is right now at lindsay because it might have rear main problem. If it is rear main should I just go and put ls7 stuff in the car? I heard they are lighter but i'm not sure how much hp it can handle.

do you think factory pressure plate with uuc flywheel with hold 550rwhp?

I haven;t realy heard of anyone having slippage issues with the stock clutch, and with mods.

Might want to PM OneBadCad, he has a similar setup to what you are going to end with (about 550ish at the wheels).

You could always go UUC flywheel + LS7 disc for now. If you need to upgrade you can do it later.

As far as aftermarket, a lot of people seem to really like the Textrallia OZ models.

Personally I'm planning to ride my clutch till it dies.

-Chris

Nels
03-06-08, 12:15 AM
Nelson,

-Chris

I haven't done anything with weight reduction. I'm considering doing some but didn't get around to it.

AlmostAV
03-06-08, 12:46 AM
even with the ww spacers, mine still doesnt sit as low as I think it should in the rear, my fronts perfect. I wish my rear was .2-.3 lower.

v10boost
03-07-08, 10:39 AM
I haven't done anything with weight reduction. I'm considering doing some but didn't get around to it.

Hey Nels,

Paypal sent yesterday.

Thanks

Nels
03-07-08, 11:19 AM
Hey Nels,

Paypal sent yesterday.

Thanks

Yes thank you. It's in the mail.

Ferny
03-07-08, 01:34 PM
even with the ww spacers, mine still doesnt sit as low as I think it should in the rear, my fronts perfect. I wish my rear was .2-.3 lower.

can you post some pics???

v10boost
03-08-08, 12:56 AM
i saw a very clean black V with lowerd today at lindsay. Alex, told me V just had, stainless lines, uuc and other things. Anyway, if you are here post your suspension setup. you car was sitting just perfectly.

Nels
03-08-08, 09:15 AM
can you post some pics???

I'll post pics later this afternoon.

Nels
03-10-08, 08:59 AM
Here are some pictres of the rear shock spacers.

Ferny
03-10-08, 05:15 PM
Here are some pictres of the rear shock spacers.

sorry man, i meant pics of the car?

Thanks

kelleyperformance
09-13-08, 10:38 AM
ok im digging up an old thread, because ive been searching and this is exactly what i needed. it just seems as though the thread was jacked and initial question never answered....

i have the eibach pro kit as well, installed it a week ago or so. i drove it on unmodified FE2s for a few days, then installed the spacers, all four up top. i honestly dont think it went down more than .4-.5 inches, IF that. it still has crazy rake. i looked at the GC coilover kit, but it appears that it doesnt even go as low as the eibachs, and just uses stock shocks. how can i get the car down in the rear without loosing my handling? i just put the spacers in yesterday, do the FE2s need time to settle? (already drove it 50 miles)

rand49er
09-13-08, 11:25 AM
I believe Wildwhl came up with a DIY mod to fool the rear shocks thereby allowing the rear to go lower. Sorry, but I never considered it so never really studied it. Do a search back on threads back in '05 sometime ... that's when I first became active here and recall seeing the very long thread. I went the GC route. :thumbsup:

Otherwise, others here will be able to help you, I'm sure.

Hope I didn't miss the point, here ... wouldn't be the first time.

whisler151
09-13-08, 11:25 AM
i just put the spacers in yesterday, do the FE2s need time to settle? (already drove it 50 miles)

I have FE4 and if I remember correctly it took a few days for the rear to settle after I put the eibachs on with the spacers.

kelleyperformance
09-13-08, 02:07 PM
i meant FG2, my bad....

but it did settle? with a few hundred miles maybe?

NormV
09-13-08, 02:31 PM
You'll still have rake. I even took out the spring pads and still had rake. . You,ll have to replace the rear shocks with KYB or other to get a nice stance. I run KYB, GM Racing sway bars, and no spring pads(a bit of extra road noise) and the sits great and gets more looks than my C5!

Norm

ok im digging up an old thread, because ive been searching and this is exactly what i needed. it just seems as though the thread was jacked and initial question never answered....

i have the eibach pro kit as well, installed it a week ago or so. i drove it on unmodified FE2s for a few days, then installed the spacers, all four up top. i honestly dont think it went down more than .4-.5 inches, IF that. it still has crazy rake. i looked at the GC coilover kit, but it appears that it doesnt even go as low as the eibachs, and just uses stock shocks. how can i get the car down in the rear without loosing my handling? i just put the spacers in yesterday, do the FE2s need time to settle? (already drove it 50 miles)

whisler151
09-13-08, 02:45 PM
i meant FG2, my bad....

but it did settle? with a few hundred miles maybe?

It was weird...it would kind of go up and down for a few days. It has since settled.

kelleyperformance
09-13-08, 03:10 PM
yea whistler i noticed that.... when i first did the spacers and put it down on the lift, i pushed down on the trunk and it dropped like 1.5" on the first push. then i bounced the rear end again, and it started coming up. these are honestly the coolest, yet most confusing shock technology i have ever seen. im not sure whether to appreciate them or hate them lol.

norm- i am going to definately order a set of the KYBs. i tried to get the ones the kit says to use, the caddy shock, but they arent available. could get them, but it would be a PITA. thanks for the tip. any pics??

kelleyperformance
09-13-08, 03:19 PM
just got a set of KYBs... hows the ride norm? and a little off topic- what are the diameters of the GM racing anti-roll bars?

NormV
09-13-08, 10:37 PM
I am am not carrying that much weight on the chasis or unsprung weight in the suspension. KYB is good overall.

Not sure of the GM sway bars dimensions but Eibach and Hotchkis are close as the don't make the GM bars any more.

Norm

just got a set of KYBs... hows the ride norm? and a little off topic- what are the diameters of the GM racing anti-roll bars?

sleepys4
09-17-08, 09:45 PM
Is the KYB the regular cts shock? On the website it does not have an option for a cts v. With that would I still need the spacers? Also can I just get them in the rear? Thanks in advance.

kelleyperformance
09-17-08, 11:59 PM
kyb is for standard cts, you cant list it as cts-v. and in south florida, not one autoparts store had a set or even could order one. the QA1 OE shocks are also unavailable.

the kyb will install as normal and allow slammed ride hieght, no spacers needed.

v10boost
09-18-08, 01:12 AM
Guys, I bought these spacers from Nels. so go get them. your car will look like mine with eibach and nels spacers. I could of went with many other shocks but I still wanted to keep with ride height adjustment. my car drives perfectly on street and i'm sure it is good enough for track as well.

NormV
09-18-08, 08:21 AM
Is the KYB the regular cts shock? On the website it does not have an option for a cts v. With that would I still need the spacers? Also can I just get them in the rear? Thanks in advance.

KYB gas-adjust rears I bought from TireRack. There are KYB GR-2 on eBay but might question the model as I have not seen them for the CTS before. I run the KYB in the rear with no rubber spring pads(no spacer or any other modification, they bolt right in) and the wheel gap in the rear is slightly bigger than the front. Looks really good.

Norm

kelleyperformance
09-18-08, 10:33 AM
Guys, I bought these spacers from Nels. so go get them. your car will look like mine with eibach and nels spacers. I could of went with many other shocks but I still wanted to keep with ride height adjustment. my car drives perfectly on street and i'm sure it is good enough for track as well.
props on that V, as i said before it looks amazing, prob one of my favorites on here. however, your perfect stance differs from everyone else with eibachs and spacers. i attribute that to your big heavy system, which im sure helped get the shocks to really level out. honestly no one else seems to have your stance, you lucky man :crowded:

STAGEUP
09-18-08, 05:15 PM
Im almost positive the sound system is the reason his V sits even. Just get regular shock, and be done with it.

kelleyperformance
09-18-08, 06:47 PM
Im almost positive the sound system is the reason his V sits even. Just get regular shock, and be done with it.
i had an evo 8 before the V, and it had a hotchkis TVS stg 2 suspension. sat perfect, damn near out cornered my C6. put two 12"s in it, 1000.1 JL amp, 350.4 JL amp.... big box that went where the spare went. it began to sag about 3/4" in rear, had to get coilovers to overcome it. so +2 for that idea lol. and wow is it a clean system in there man :bouncy: i will fully report on the KYBs with stock tires, new tires (havent picked yet), and with those jungle gym sized sways from hotchis (almost as large as the ones they sold me for the ss silverado lol)

STAGEUP
09-18-08, 07:36 PM
And for those that are worried about losing "handling" with a regular shock, just buy a Hotchis rear sway bar, and BAM, you got your handling. Weight from a sound system in the trunk kill your handling anyway.

Daniel35489
02-06-09, 11:16 PM
We'll I finally did it and bought the eibach pro kit for the V. I would like to know if anyone knows the specs on the lowering washers used for the rear. I have a hardware store that is willing to fabricate them but I can't find the specs anywhere. Please help! Thanks!

6Speed
05-05-09, 08:03 PM
We'll I finally did it and bought the eibach pro kit for the V. I would like to know if anyone knows the specs on the lowering washers used for the rear. I have a hardware store that is willing to fabricate them but I can't find the specs anywhere. Please help! Thanks!

I would also like to know the specs!!

mpunklil
05-22-09, 02:02 PM
Got Nel's spacers in last night, did minimal driving but it didnt level out. So from what i read, i gotta wait a few days? That sucks cuz im dying for an alignment so i can connect my sway bar :(

6Speed
05-22-09, 02:13 PM
Mine is done and down I did it myself in the garage!! I had some made out of aluminium at a local machine shop!! 35 Bucks!!! Now that's more like it!! I will post pics on a separate thread!! :sneaky: