: My Cadi was VANDALIZED!

nxdita
03-05-08, 12:21 AM
Hi everyone, I joined this site months ago, but never posted anything. I have an '07 CTS and my psycho ex poured acid or some kind of paint remover all over it. :( I was horrified when I discovered my car. It looked like it was melting! The damages are well over $10,000, my insurance is covering all but the deductable.

This happend Feb 15th and my cadi is still in the shop. I took it to a Cadillac body shop so I know it is in good hands. The guys said they are 100% confident my Cadi will look better than ever!

http://aycu38.webshots.com/image/45197/2005116447181815399_fs.jpg

Lord Cadillac
03-05-08, 06:15 AM
Too bad you didn't catch your ex in the act. If he/she does it again, your insurance company isn't going to be very happy with you... Unfortunately, I would be prepared for more...

Crown Vic Owner
03-05-08, 07:03 AM
I know this sounds goofy, but dont have it sprayed ASAP. Get the crap off and drive around as long as it wont mess with the car at all. Teach her you dont give a crap.

Payback is a bitch, remember that.

If i hadda guess what removed that, i would have to say that was a acid bomb that hit and took damage with it. Someone acid bombed my car but it only effed up the clear in spots.

Sorry bro

Naf
03-05-08, 07:30 AM
Oh man, the power of women...They are like a hurracain in the works, it all seems calm and relaxin till a twig snaps then oh shit hold on tight...

bdrex28
03-05-08, 08:59 AM
Wow, that's absolutely crazy. Glad you're getting it taken care of, might want to get a restraining order against her just in case and for documentation. Hopefully you don't get any boiling bunnies outside your door.

Cartdawg
03-05-08, 09:06 AM
Damn...that's just a sad sad photo. Dont know why women gotta act like that...........terrible...I'm sorry for you loss homey!

Time for a recording camera on the dash!!!

RightTurn
03-05-08, 09:19 AM
We can only hope the idiot splashed a little on themselves. :coffee:

Sammy Z
03-05-08, 09:29 AM
My buddy had a similar situation, she used Draino and it peeled the paint the same way. It's hard to look at.

CIWS
03-05-08, 09:52 AM
Files charges, that will earn a felony conviction. Unless you have no way to prove it was her and she won't admit to it. But don't take revenge, that's just being as chicken shat as the person that did that to your car.

Paco.
03-05-08, 11:53 AM
I'd Kill The Bitch!!!

SvB4EvA
03-05-08, 11:59 AM
Humm, I have a ex that was as bad as this... I wont get into the 3+ years of stories trying to get her out of my life, but im sorry man. That really really sucks. I hope all works out for you. Trust me, I feel your pain, I have been there.

AmerLux
03-05-08, 12:32 PM
Dear God! that sucks, this thread could easily turn in to an EX nitemare story forum, but thats depressing. Sorry man, glad insurance is picking this up for ya.

Kael
03-05-08, 12:45 PM
-=looks close=-
yup, that would be draino (or other pipe cleaner)

sorry that happened man.

the body shop will probably have to replace the sheet metal as the acid will pit or linger a bit and melt the new paint from the bottom.

87vertgt
03-05-08, 01:47 PM
I'd Kill The Bitch!!!

yeah we all wish we could sometimes.....:stirpot:

Sorry to see this....what a pos she is........dont worry we are kinda on the same page with women...just hang in there....

I bet it was Brake fluid.....

z06bigbird
03-05-08, 01:52 PM
Judge Judy would like to meet here. Prepondence of evidence is the standard in a civil case, as opposed to evidence beyond a doubt.

z06bigbird
03-05-08, 01:56 PM
Hi everyone, I joined this site months ago, but never posted anything. I have an '07 CTS and my psycho ex poured acid or some kind of paint remover all over it. :( I was horrified when I discovered my car. It looked like it was melting! The damages are well over $10,000, my insurance is covering all but the deductable.

This happend Feb 15th and my cadi is still in the shop. I took it to a Cadillac body shop so I know it is in good hands. The guys said they are 100% confident my Cadi will look better than ever!

http://aycu38.webshots.com/image/45197/2005116447181815399_fs.jpg

Truly sorry for your situation. But....let's make some lemonade out of this. Maybe your vehicle could be a 'star' in a horror movie. Or maybe your 'new paint' will become a fad.

Just trying to give you something to smile about after your recent experience. We all feel for you.

Paco.
03-05-08, 03:20 PM
F*CK THAT! KILL THE BITCH!!! lol jk

ILLINI-SVT
03-05-08, 04:03 PM
Ehh, that will buff out.

LOL! J/K. That's messed up. The most I ever got was vaseline under the door handles and wipers. Looks nasty, I'd love to know what that was.

07ctsblack
03-05-08, 08:57 PM
OMG i would kill who ever did that

bigblockcadillac
03-05-08, 08:59 PM
F! THAT! KILL THE BITCH!!! lol jk

I would like to agree with Paco, but chances are you inform the cops that you believe she did it. ....So if she comes up missing, then the police will be at your door asking questions......Let's see what are your other options:

-Press criminal and civil charges and watch her cry like a bitch
-Loosen the lug nuts on her car (like overnight while it sits in her driveway), the wheels are bound to fall off preferably at high speeds. Don't get caught:hide:
-Find her best girlfriend and show her a "good" time

-If these 3 options don't please you, then I guess listen to Paco....:rolleyes:

Jon
03-05-08, 09:05 PM
Holy crap that's horrible!

As for killing her right now, you guys are dumb. I have always said, if someone did something and absolutely deserved to die 100%... I'd plot it out over a couple years.. Let the heat die down and plan it perfectly. Then all of a sudden, BAM!

LastOneLeft
03-05-08, 09:54 PM
wow I would really hate getting into an altercation with Jon. j/k

Looking at picture makes me cringe....*goose bumps*

concorso
03-05-08, 10:08 PM
Files charges, that will earn a felony conviction. Unless you have no way to prove it was her and she won't admit to it. But don't take revenge, that's just being as chicken shat as the person that did that to your car.
Smart words. Immature revenge is a most useless act. IF you were to 'return fire' all youd be doing is justifying what she did.

Legal action, if possible, would be the best option. And as horrible as this sounds, use this as a learning tool.
1st. choose your gf's more carefully.
2nd. choose your bitches more carefully, seriously
3rd. for god sakes, dont let a crazy know you have money, choose better gf's.
4th. If you dont let this get to you too much, youll grow from it and learn to shit from others easier.
5th. choose your bitches more carefully

DONT **** THE EX'S FRIEND!! Trust me, the chance that the friend will turn on you and get a 2nd shot at messing up your car, is too great a chance to take.

Id say cut your losses, learn from it, and keep that bitch out of your life.
Remember, an eye for an eye leads to alot of blind men.

xshrpshtr
03-05-08, 10:18 PM
I wish I could find an old email I got once with a bunch of pics of crazy bitch revenge on cars...One was of like ten pick axes stuck in every part of a porche. Your pic would make a nice addition to the collage.

concorso
03-05-08, 10:26 PM
I wish I could find an old email I got once with a bunch of pics of crazy bitch revenge on cars...One was of like ten pick axes stuck in every part of a porche. Your pic would make a nice addition to the collage.Ive had a few emails like that. Did you see pics of the M3 covered in orange paint, inside and out? There was a Gallardo that had been large-grit sandpapered on every exterior surface.

Jon
03-05-08, 10:32 PM
I wish I could find an old email I got once with a bunch of pics of crazy bitch revenge on cars...One was of like ten pick axes stuck in every part of a porche. Your pic would make a nice addition to the collage.
He was just making speed holes.

xshrpshtr
03-05-08, 10:44 PM
I remember my buddy's response was..."bitches are crazy." Funny. Men go nuts and kill them and thier lover...women trash thier car. I wonder who is crazier?

Jon
03-05-08, 10:46 PM
I remember my buddy's response was..."bitches are crazy." Funny. Men go nuts and kill them and thier lover...women trash thier car. I wonder who is crazier?
Cheating g/f = guilty....
Guy that is cheating with the g/f = sometimes guilty, but sometimes completely clueless
Car = innocent object that did nothing wrong

:D

xshrpshtr
03-05-08, 11:00 PM
so the verdict is...bithes are crazy. Men are as crazy but target the party not thier belongings. Hmmmm...equally crazy?

Jon
03-05-08, 11:07 PM
so the verdict is...bithes are crazy. Men are as crazy but target the party not thier belongings. Hmmmm...equally crazy?
Something like that :D

gaugeguru
03-05-08, 11:41 PM
Happened Feb 15th? Valentines day didn't work out?

RightTurn
03-06-08, 12:07 AM
^^ :histeric:

z06bigbird
03-06-08, 12:19 AM
Zaino???

Custom88
03-06-08, 12:59 AM
As bad as that looks, I have a hard time believing that's $10,000 in damage. These are GM list prices for the parts effected as far as I can tell. Is there anything else damaged not on this list?

Like I said, these are GM list prices, not what the dealer might charge you. (it may be less than these prices.)
Hood $726.41
Grill $506.31
Front bumper cover $549.42
Fender: $361.78
Door Shell: $758.55
Roof Shell: $689.89

EDIT: With paint that brings the total up to around $8,000. I can see the 10k including labor, but not much more than that. I guess I'd have to fully know the extent of the damage though.

xshrpshtr
03-06-08, 02:26 AM
I tried to get a new paint job done on my CTS with NO damage. I was told $7-9k just to paint the car. Zero fixes.

Mystical_Ice
03-06-08, 08:39 AM
wow... if i ever had an ex that did that to my car, then i "wouldn't have an ex" anymore, if you catch my drift.

gary88
03-06-08, 12:45 PM
Holy balls!! That's one of the worst cases of bitch gone psycho I've ever seen!

dkozloski
03-06-08, 12:52 PM
I tried to get a new paint job done on my CTS with NO damage. I was told $7-9k just to paint the car. Zero fixes.
Earl Scheib $299. No ups, no extras. Includes $20 worth of free body work. If you wash it yourself they won't paint over the dirt.

CadillacGurl
03-06-08, 01:34 PM
Damn... I'm so sorry. I wouldn't kill the ex because you'll be on her level and your butt will be in jail for a good 25 years. I recommend filing a police report and a restraining order that way she can never get near you and your car again. Honestly, when I saw the picture I thought of the Carrie Underwood song "Before He Cheats." Good luck and hopefully she'll be paying for the repairs not you.

EcSTSatic
03-06-08, 01:42 PM
Any cameras where it was parked? Neighboring place of business perhaps? A buddy of mine installed one just for this reason. You might think about it. Then you can nail the person if they do it again.

NOT ON MY WATCH
03-06-08, 02:09 PM
You didn't say if you filed a police report - if you didn't, you really should.

c5 rv
03-06-08, 03:20 PM
You didn't say if you filed a police report - if you didn't, you really should.

With the Sheriff cruiser in the background, I would assume he did.

NOT ON MY WATCH
03-06-08, 03:33 PM
With the Sheriff cruiser in the background, I would assume he did.

Heh, thanks for pointing out the obvious for me! My eyes were definitely drawn to the horror that was the front of the car.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-06-08, 04:35 PM
I would like to agree with Paco, but chances are you inform the cops that you believe she did it. ....So if she comes up missing, then the police will be at your door asking questions......Let's see what are your other options:

-Loosen the lug nuts on her car (like overnight while it sits in her driveway), the wheels are bound to fall off preferably at high speeds. Don't get caught:hide:

that was probably what started this predicament...

BigJon
03-06-08, 05:01 PM
that sucks man what the hell you do to piss her off

Chicano-Mexicano
03-06-08, 06:39 PM

You forgot salt in the gas tank :D. thats what I did to mine after she slashed my rear tire (was the civic luckily).

Sorry about you ride vato but chicks can be bitches some times.

CadillacGurl
03-06-08, 07:05 PM
You forgot salt in the gas tank :D. thats what I did to mine after she slashed my rear tire (was the civic luckily).

Ummm this is a public forum... I recommend taking that down unless she already knows what you did

NOT ON MY WATCH
03-06-08, 07:23 PM

That's why some of us want locking gas caps.

Destroyer
03-06-08, 08:18 PM

http://aycu38.webshots.com/image/45197/2005116447181815399_fs.jpgWow!. I've had an ex key my car and I thought THAT was bad. This is by far the worst vandalism I have seen. You weren't kidding when you said it looks like the car is melting. Damn!.

xshrpshtr
03-06-08, 09:46 PM
Earl Schieb? Uh no. At one time I wanted to fade her from light silver to black. I talked with several friends in body shops and they all were in the $7k-$9k range. They each told me the fade wasn't a big deal. Maybe $100-$200 more. No damage. Just prep and spray. Obviously I felt it wasn't worth the price.
Earl Scheib $299. No ups, no extras. Includes $20 worth of free body work. If you wash it yourself they won't paint over the dirt.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-06-08, 10:25 PM
Man, that hurts to see.

Chicano-Mexicano
03-07-08, 12:07 AM
Ummm this is a public forum... I recommend taking that down unless she already knows what you did

Hows any one gonna know who this is and who I'm talking about? My real name and address aren't posted on this site. I mean it's like calling some one on a pay phone and pranking them they can't prove who did it just were it came from.

nxdita
03-07-08, 12:16 AM
Hey! I am FEMALE and my ex is a GUY! I spoke with the body shop today and they said the car will be ready next week! It has been painted and it will look brand new! I can't wait to get my cadi back!

CadillacGurl
03-07-08, 12:18 AM
Hows any one gonna know who this is and who I'm talking about? My real name and address aren't posted on this site. I mean it's like calling some one on a pay phone and pranking them they can't prove who did it just were it came from.

Just letting you know since there have been things posted on here by people talking about their ex and Sal gets slapped by the lawyers...

Chicano-Mexicano
03-07-08, 12:20 AM
Just letting you know since there have been things posted on here by people talking about their ex and Sal gets slapped by the lawyers...

you need a little more info than what posted on a forum (actual tangible evidence seeing as electronic data can be changed at will) but thanks for the concern CadillacSTS2003sgurl. ;)

BigJon
03-07-08, 12:23 AM
Hey! I am FEMALE and my ex is a GUY! I spoke with the body shop today and they said the car will be ready next week! It has been painted and it will look brand new! I can't wait to get my cadi back!

wow hes a f***ing ******* to do that crap what in the world was he on drugs

nxdita
03-07-08, 12:28 AM
As bad as that looks, I have a hard time believing that's $10,000 in damage. These are GM list prices for the parts effected as far as I can tell. Is there anything else damaged not on this list?

Like I said, these are GM list prices, not what the dealer might charge you. (it may be less than these prices.)
Hood $726.41
Grill $506.31
Front bumper cover $549.42
Fender: $361.78
Door Shell: $758.55
Roof Shell: $689.89

EDIT: With paint that brings the total up to around $8,000. I can see the 10k including labor, but not much more than that. I guess I'd have to fully know the extent of the damage though.

Well, what I didn't post are pics of the back of the car. The loser poured this crap over the car. The bumper had to be replaced and also all four lights in the back. 2 rims also had to be buffed out and sanded.

Chicano-Mexicano
03-07-08, 12:29 AM
wow hes a f***ing ******* to do that crap what in the world was he on drugs

Guy's can be dicks too not just girls!

CadillacGurl
03-07-08, 12:31 AM
you need a little more info than what posted on a forum (actual tangible evidence seeing as electronic data can be changed at will) but thanks for the concern CadillacSTS2003sgurl. ;)

No problem :thumbsup: just covering your behind

CadillacGurl
03-07-08, 12:34 AM
Nxdita, now we know that you're a girl, I recommend putting on a pair of stilettos and shoving your foot up his ass.... :D If you need a pair don't hesitate to ask...

nxdita
03-07-08, 12:38 AM
wow... if i ever had an ex that did that to my car, then i "wouldn't have an ex" anymore, if you catch my drift.

I am a very emotional women and I usually freak out and lash out when I have been hurt, but I am handling all of this surprising well.The fact that the insurance company is taking care of it helps. I requested a restraining order but the courts rejected it; they said he didn't try to kill or harm me physical, it was "ONLY" property damage. I asked if they would grant my request if he tried to burn my house down and they said "ONLY" if I were in the house at the time. I am not lying, that is what they said. The decdective handling the case could care less, he hasn't even made an attempt to contact the freak, ,even though I gave him his name, number, discription etc. They know who he is, but he is too busy to make a phone call or go to his house and question him about it. :helpless:

I understand this is not a murder case, but is IS a crime and should be taken seriously! The system is a joke! I guess I will leave it up to karma. What goes around comes around and he will get what he deserves!

Chicano-Mexicano
03-07-08, 12:40 AM
No problem :thumbsup: just covering your behind

NO! Must fight urge to make dirty innuendo about wanting to cover your behind! :devil:

Nxdita, remember he (or in this case she) who laughs last laughs hardest. But you should always use the piggies before you do any thing drastic and when that don't work well you know.

BigJon
03-07-08, 12:40 AM
why does it always have to be stilettos? thats painful i'd rather be shot i think

CadillacGurl
03-07-08, 12:42 AM
why does it always have to be stilettos? thats painful i'd rather be shot i think

that why women I have them, I have like 6 pairs :)

nxdita
03-07-08, 12:51 AM
Thanks for the support, everyone!

CadillacGurl
03-07-08, 12:56 AM
You're welcome! Karma will bite him in the ass :highfive:

Chicano-Mexicano
03-07-08, 01:05 AM
If not my buddy Raul (no thats not his real name) at the impound can tow it and piss him off to no end or they can "plant" stuff in it if you really want to **** him over but that wouldn't be to nice would it. :tisk:

bracester
03-07-08, 09:32 AM
That'll buff right out...

CIWS
03-07-08, 09:49 AM
You're welcome! Karma will bite him in the ass :highfive:

:yeah:

It is definitely a crime, it is in fact in most states a Felony due to the amount of property damage involved. But like all crimes Law Enforcement has to have evidence or proof to get charges filed against them. If they ever make the mistake of admitting it to a 3rd party and you can get that 3rd party to speak to a detective and/or testify in court, you have a case.

xshrpshtr
03-07-08, 10:55 PM
If this happened in Nevada? He would've been arrested as fast as they could find him. Wierd how the law is handled from state to state. I think OJ is going to find out what happens when you break the law in Nevada. He did pick the most liberal county in the state so he is getting the softest treatment he can get in that state.

How funny is it that EVERYONE thought a woman did that. I'm guilty. An interesting take on psycology. Very interesting indeed.
I am a very emotional women and I usually freak out and lash out when I have been hurt, but I am handling all of this surprising well.The fact that the insurance company is taking care of it helps. I requested a restraining order but the courts rejected it; they said he didn't try to kill or harm me physical, it was "ONLY" property damage. I asked if they would grant my request if he tried to burn my house down and they said "ONLY" if I were in the house at the time. I am not lying, that is what they said. The decdective handling the case could care less, he hasn't even made an attempt to contact the freak, ,even though I gave him his name, number, discription etc. They know who he is, but he is too busy to make a phone call or go to his house and question him about it. :helpless:

I understand this is not a murder case, but is IS a crime and should be taken seriously! The system is a joke! I guess I will leave it up to karma. What goes around comes around and he will get what he deserves!

the cadillac kid
03-07-08, 10:55 PM
no one else thought that should could update to a V front bumper!? v mesh grille or sports grille!? a specter or composite or heat extractor hood!?

good luck. take this opportunity to get some free upgrades (that would otherwise cost you a few thousand dollars)

Chicano-Mexicano
03-08-08, 12:24 AM
How funny is it that EVERYONE thought a woman did that. I'm guilty. An interesting take on psycology. Very interesting indeed.

Well the stereotype is that Cadillacs are predominately driven buy guys (not saying it's 100% true) and guys usually at least once in their life (if their lucky) have a psycho ex-girlfriend. So I really wouldn't say it's a psychological thing it's more of a gender stereo type cause how many time do you hear of a guy going crazy and vandalizing his Ex-girlfriends car compared to the woman doing it.

But thats just me being high and philosophizing and If you'll excuse me it's my turn to hit the bong. :D

CadillacSTS42005
03-08-08, 03:16 AM
NO! Must fight urge to make dirty innuendo about wanting to cover your behind! :devil:

you wont like me very much when im angry...

the cadillac kid
03-08-08, 04:32 AM
chico, check the usernames :kiss:

Chicano-Mexicano
03-08-08, 06:31 AM
you wont like me very much when im angry...

What make you think I like you now. :D

We have three possible options. 1. I smoke a dime and watch Tale Spin with my roomies. 2. I smoke a Dime with my roomies and eat pizza. or option 3. I smoke a dime and watch ATHF with my roomies. It's you're choice ese either way every one leaves happy (and by every one I mean me).

Sinister Angel
03-08-08, 01:23 PM
I would go with the multi-year interest plan... it's the way a scout would roll.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but hollowpoints expand on impact...

xshrpshtr
03-08-08, 01:28 PM
Jason is back! YEA! What did you do this time? Man I thought I was volitile and arguementative. How do you keep getting banned? I've never been banned and I'm bad. I think it is because Urby is afraid of me and has the hots for me too. Although it could be because I know about him and Florian...

SvB4EvA
03-08-08, 02:33 PM
I've never been banned and I'm bad. I think it is because Urby is afraid of me and has the hots for me too. Although it could be because I know about him and Florian...

:lol: :rofl:

TexasCadillac
03-08-08, 11:49 PM

Sinister Angel
03-09-08, 05:20 AM
Huh, me getting banned?

minnesotamom
03-09-08, 02:09 PM
Hey,
Be very very careful.. This guy sounds like a psycho. I had a friend who went out with a guy just twice and after she told him she didn't want to see him anymore, he started pulling crap like that. Not as much damage..but he went to her work and put nails behind her tires so that when she backed out of her spot they were driven into her tires. She blew a tire on the freeway on the way home and could've really been hurt (she later found out that he'd cut another woman's brake lines). Afterwards, she made it a habit to always keep a flashlight in her purse and always checking..and she found them more than once. He would also go online pretending to be her and sending men to her house with promises that she'd "do anything for a bag of Almond Joy candy bars and yellow roses". She had a hard time getting a restraining order, too. She changed her phone number a half a dozen times but he kept finding it (coincidently he was a mail carrier in her area). She finally got her restraining order after he started sending pornographic email to her work. She worked in a different county. Of course, he did violate the restraning order and ended up in the workhouse for a couple of weeks..and that seemed to end the stalking thing.
Anyway, I hope your psycho ex-boyfriend got it out of his system..but just be on your guard in case he didn't.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-09-08, 02:51 PM
I knew a girl like that once. THANK GOD she didn't know my address, where I worked or what I drove.

xshrpshtr
03-09-08, 05:35 PM
I was refering to Jason...the ban king
Huh, me getting banned?

Chicano-Mexicano
03-09-08, 08:10 PM
I knew a girl like that once.

You knew me Ex to? :D ya gotta watch out for the crazy ones.

blue07cts
03-09-08, 09:56 PM
WOW this sucks. like someone suggested before try and get a camera set up were u park the car.. and most of all be careful! it this guy sounds one clown short of a circus!

nxdita
03-24-08, 02:58 AM
Hey guys! I finally got my car back and it looks amazing! The body shop did a great job! It feels so good to have my cadi back!

the cadillac kid
03-24-08, 02:59 AM
congrats :highfive:

post pics of your clear bra :rolleyes:

BigJon
03-24-08, 03:16 AM
congrats ditto on the picture of the car..