: Heated seats

producerman
03-04-08, 04:02 PM
Recently bought my 05 ESV and when I turn on the heated seats in the front, the lights appear as if working then go out right away!

Anyone seen this before?

Also, the back heated seats controls is on the back of the centre console...I cannot even get this to come on ( where the headphones can plug in and rear fan controls and so on. Do you have to do something special to get these on? My rear heat works fine using the contols above the mirror in front of the sunroof!

Thanks

DLE
03-04-08, 05:02 PM
Recently bought my 05 ESV and when I turn on the heated seats in the front, the lights appear as if working then go out right away!

Anyone seen this before?

Also, the back heated seats controls is on the back of the centre console...I cannot even get this to come on ( where the headphones can plug in and rear fan controls and so on. Do you have to do something special to get these on? My rear heat works fine using the contols above the mirror in front of the sunroof!

Thanks

The front, I am not sure why it would go away right away. When I push on my button it stays lit the whole time the heat is ON., until I turn it off.

As for the back, if it is not working at all, it could be a blown fuse? Or maybe some wiring got disconnected.

dzr928
03-13-08, 11:46 AM
Hey i have the same problem with mine, see my post, we'll ban together and figure it out, my problems just the fronts. Turn on, then go off after 20 seconds or so, then i hit em again, 5 seconds, and off they go, then its almost instantly they flick off after that, till i leave em alone for a while.

dzr928
03-13-08, 12:47 PM
here's another thread on it with a few answers:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/102210-heated-seats-work-then-shut-off.html