: Need you Expertise Luke

WhtDiamondCaddy
03-04-08, 02:05 PM
I have an '03 Cts, and I have had the Onstar Previously Upgraded, and have the new antenna.

My problem is that I notices that the double sided tape is now non adhesive and coming loose. The antenna is still attached but only by half of the adhesive...

Is there any way to only get the double sided tape as used in the aplication of the antenna?

Any help is appreciated.

ewill3rd
03-04-08, 02:16 PM
If you had the upgrade done less than a year ago it is still under warranty.
This is a problem with the supplier of the antenna.
Just take it back to the installing dealer and they will fix it.
If they don't believe you tell them to call TAC and ask them about it.

WhtDiamondCaddy
03-04-08, 02:38 PM
thanks e, so your almost sure my dealership wont charge me??? it was only installed in december of '07 i had the routing maintenance done at that time also...spent 600 its the least they could do

WhtDiamondCaddy
03-04-08, 02:40 PM
sorry? im not sure what TAC means

WhtDiamondCaddy
03-04-08, 03:54 PM

ewill3rd
03-04-08, 06:18 PM
They are falling off like crazy because the company they got to manufacture the digital ones didn't do it right.
Give them a call and ask them before you bring it in.
I usually fix them with some new adhesive because sometimes the replacement ones fall off too.
You can get a roll of 3M double sided tape, I have a roll here, I'd have to do some research to tell you the best stuff if you really want to do it yourself.
If you brought it here I'd fix it no questions asked.

TAC is our Technical assistance center, they can call TAC and ask them about it.... TAC will tell them to fix it.

WhtDiamondCaddy
03-05-08, 08:41 AM
error

ewill3rd
03-05-08, 09:17 AM
Any new GM part a dealer puts on your car is warranted for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.

WhtDiamondCaddy
03-06-08, 01:48 PM