: Would 05/5.7L headers fit on an 06/6.0L?

faylix
03-04-08, 11:59 AM
Probably not... but looking at that TPiS Package... $850 shipped is miiiighty inticing!

In this vein of thinking, I've finally decided my caddy needs some more grunt.

My problems are It has to be able to stay realtivly quiet. I'd still like my neighboors not to hate me, and well, I really should be saving for law school.

So far i'm looking at the magnaflow exhaust w/ coupon code (about $700) and if i could pickup headers for around that price too.. well thatd be perfect.

Headers: $850
Exhaust: $750
Tune: $500ish

Seems like the most cost effective power increase for our cars...

and a good setup for a magnacharger down the road :lildevil:

benelliwang
03-04-08, 12:12 PM
yes it will fit and it will bump the compression up nicely. We 5.7 guys used to get ported 5.3 truck heads on our LS1/6 cars because of the smaller combustion chamber pumps the compression up a bit.

faylix
03-04-08, 12:49 PM
headers not head.

Ps: I see the STi in your profile. I had an 04 STi with an Twinscroll (VF37) conversion. Miss that car.

benelliwang
03-04-08, 12:59 PM
Oops, I would think that headers will fit as well, the flanges are the same and the chassis is the same, only unknown would be if there is any smog attachments like the AIR or EGR but I don't think caddies have that... 05 STi is my wife's daily driver, she likes it. I bought the caddie for her to but she wants to keep the subaru so I drive the caddie for now untill the twin turbo kit is finished on the corvette.

faylix
03-04-08, 01:35 PM
Well... Just picked them up. Heres hoping everything goes well!

ctsv154
03-04-08, 06:50 PM
I bought the tpis headers as well. The build quality is a little disappointing but will do the job I suppose. Everything is mig welded and has the usual splatter. Be sure and check the welds inside the collector were the four primaries come together. I had a small hole were it looked like they burned through one of the primaries just slightly. It would have been a nightmare to find after installing them. I also bought a set of collector flanges and had them welded on to help avoid leaks. Plus I just cant see clamping the rest of the exhaust to the headers, even though its been done for years. All in all, the headers aren't to bad. Thick flanges and the header flange to primary welds look good and thats about the most anybody will ever see. Just check the collector!!! Easy fix while they are off.