How about another Caddy? :)

MN-STS-LOVER
03-03-08, 10:46 PM
Is this the Ford Motor Company forum?

Crown Vic Owner
03-03-08, 10:51 PM
Mark VIII.

How about another Caddy? :)
None that fits my style in the budget. Still got the STS, just is not me.

I have been looking at BMW 540i s. I think that would be in the class of your w140

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-03-08, 10:53 PM
I have been looking at BMW 540i s. I think that would be in the class of your w140

Eh....I'd stay away. German cars will be very expensive. Wait a few years.
540i would be like an E Series. 740i would be like mine.

Crown Vic Owner
03-03-08, 10:57 PM
Is this the Ford Motor Company forum?

No, but a bunch of gearheads are here and honestly, those cars are not crown vics.

I am not pushing it on you guys, i just want to get your guys opinions. The SLTS (Seville luxury AND touring sedan) does not fit me well, but on the other hand i have not given it a chance.

MN-STS-LOVER
03-03-08, 11:13 PM
If you really want my opinion on any Ford product, I'll give it to you: DON'T BUY ONE!:hide:

Crown Vic Owner
03-04-08, 02:32 AM
im not blowing 10 grand on another STS

Destroyer
03-04-08, 06:25 AM
There is a huge price difference between an '04 Marauder and a '98 Mark VIII. Marauder is probably gonna run triple what the Mark would. That said, I like both. Guess it depends if you need 4 doors or not.

Rolex
03-04-08, 08:43 AM
Personally I would buy the Marauder. I have liked the looks of that car since they came out. I don't think they're quite the car the older Impala SS was, but they're Ford's similar offering on a similar platform as that car. I think it's a sexy car, but then the Mark VIII is also a great ride. Since you are a CV guy the Marauder should be right up your alley. It's kind of like the luxury line souped up CV. :)

I would also prefer a 4 year old car to a 10 year old car. JMHO

Blackout
03-04-08, 09:00 AM
If your going to get a Mark VIII it better be an LSC model or don't even bother. Also what gen Mark VIII you looking at? I don't have any experience with the Marauder with getting replacement parts but for the Mark VIII getting parts wasn't cheap by any means

gary88
03-04-08, 11:06 AM
Blow 10 grand on an '01 STS :thepan:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-04-08, 11:42 AM
Not possible. You'd have to have the headgasket go 3 times, and have it repaired each time at the dealer.

Crown Vic Owner
03-04-08, 02:34 PM
lmfao

01+ does not have as many hg iussues.

Marauders are a total bitch to find parts for, at least anything non mechanical.

urbanski
03-04-08, 04:06 PM
your ability to earn an income which supports your car buying habits while still in high school, your relatively broad exposure to cars in general, and a typing ability that is miles ahead of some users here is quite admirable for somebody who is autistic....www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-forums-lounge-member-introductions/128835-pls-watch-video-donates-49cents-autism.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism

96Fleetwood
03-04-08, 05:28 PM
Buy this one, it is in nice shape, but was not my cup of tea:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/car/594108757.html

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-04-08, 07:17 PM
lmfao
01+ does not have as many hg iussues.

Odd, it says you have a '98 in your Cadillac ownership line.

Jesda
03-04-08, 09:01 PM
Ford products aren't usually outwardly appealing, except for the Mustang. But once you have and drive a modern Ford, they're pretty surprisingly good.

Dare I say, "Have you driven a Ford lately?"

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-04-08, 09:13 PM
Ah, you're back and driving German again. Welcome back.

aamusls06
03-04-08, 09:57 PM
Marauder. Premium Gas is a pain. The rear suspension can be a headache on a few cars. 4:10 gears and CAI really wake these cars up. I'm waiting to the end of spring 09 and I MIGHT buy a Marauder.(gas prices pending) Because, I've been looking for 94-96 Impala SS in a good price range and not dogged. My luck is not panning out with venture.

But anyways, go Marauder. Stock it's kinda slow off the line, but it turns up on top. It has a 130mph governor also. Sexy car though and the women love'em. I know alot more, but I'm sure you know about the Marauder

Destroyer
03-04-08, 10:37 PM
If your going to get a Mark VIII it better be an LSC model or don't even bother............or just rattle can the front grille and any of the fake chrome by the front/rear lights and put LSC side moldings on it like I did and voila.........its an LSC. Oh wait, there's the dual exhaust (a whopping 10hp). The LSC was a bit sportier but not dramatically different from the base. Performance difference is virtually nothing.

Night Wolf
03-04-08, 11:38 PM
Ford products aren't usually outwardly appealing, except for the Mustang. But once you have and drive a modern Ford, they're pretty surprisingly good.

Dare I say, "Have you driven a Ford lately?"

I'll second that :)

Crown Vic Owner
03-05-08, 12:04 AM
Agreed, i mean, my vic is pushing MAJOR miles and i still trust it more than the cadillac and my aunts honda combinied. It MAY throw a CEL for a clogged something or other or break something tahts not crucial to the car, but it will get me there for sure.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
03-05-08, 12:05 AM
Marauder hands down man. They may not be super fast, but they look damn good. Black or blue. I know they are almost identical to a Crown Vic, except the engine, but they look much more aggressive and have a much better stance. That year Mark looks horrible. Go with a Mark IV.:thumbsup:

Destroyer
03-05-08, 12:12 AM
I'll second that :)
and I'll third that. I hated Fords, I really did. When my wife's '98 Deville blew the head gasket I needed a car immediately. Didn't want to go with an older German car due to the horror stories I've heard. I wanted something just as luxurious but knew it would not be another Caddy with a N*. A '95 Mark VIII came up on Craigslist with only 65k miles and I showed it to her, she liked it and then we bought it. Loved it!. So much in fact that when I found a 16k original mile '98 Mark VIII, I bought it for her and then I decided to buy my '99 Cobra vert for myself. As much as I have always loved GM's and Cadillacs, I couldn't ignore the fact that the Fords have become more reliable vechicles and that is saying a lot. Reliability is VERY important to me, its what seperates bad vechicles from good vechicles. My buddy has an '04 Mach 1 that has a Vortec supercharger and 42k miles on the clock. He runs every week at the dragstrip ripping off mid 11's and then autocrosses it every other month or so and it has NEVER let up on him and has never given him any problems mechanically. That's pretty tough to me. :cool:

Blackout
03-05-08, 12:16 AM
...........or just rattle can the front grille and any of the fake chrome by the front/rear lights and put LSC side moldings on it like I did and voila.........its an LSC. Oh wait, there's the dual exhaust (a whopping 10hp). The LSC was a bit sportier but not dramatically different from the base. Performance difference is virtually nothing.You forgot about the LSC having a different rear then the non-LSC model

Night Wolf
03-05-08, 12:46 AM
Yeah.... on top of that for me, my car is just really good at everything... dosen't super excel at any given area, but dosn't fall short either... its just a really good car. I've stuck with it thru the many previous-owner related issues, only a couple things left, but then I'm hoping it'll be around for a long time to come, get my fair share of use out of it.

As for Maruader or VIII.... I can attest to the Panther chassis, but the Mark is also cool.... there is a cost difference as well. As was mentioned before... 2 doors or 4?

Crown Vic Owner
03-05-08, 03:17 AM
lol, i own a panther platform vehicle that needs to be put to rest (or should i run it till it dies?)

Night Wolf
03-05-08, 03:58 AM
Is performance a big concern?

You can get a Grand Marquis for pretty darn cheap, it's a step in from the Vic, usually has a few more goodies.... quite reliable and good cars. Unless you are looking for the extra power the Maruader (or Mark VIII) has to offer.... although you've got the Vic now, so you may be tired of them.

Crown Vic Owner
03-05-08, 06:00 AM
IDK

I love the vic, id grab a newer one in a heartbeat, even a p71 (police). Id probobly put a few goodies into it, but nothing major. The vic has more features IIRC than a grand marq.

The deal with the marauder fell through. Jackass didnt maintain the SOB well enough. 10k on a oil change is too much

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
03-05-08, 11:37 AM
Is performance a big concern?

You can get a Grand Marquis for pretty darn cheap, it's a step in from the Vic, usually has a few more goodies.... quite reliable and good cars. Unless you are looking for the extra power the Marauder (or Mark VIII) has to offer.... although you've got the Vic now, so you may be tired of them.

I agree with Night Wolf. If you don't need the performance, just get another Crown Vic or a Grand Marquis. Personally, I don't see why you need a new car if the one you have is still running. Keep the car until the maintenance becomes more costly than buying a new car. Those cars will run forever, and yours is proof of that. If you want a car that can jump a curb at 50 mph and keep on going for 300,000 miles, get a police package crown vic.

Night Wolf
03-05-08, 04:34 PM
The deal with the marauder fell through. Jackass didnt maintain the SOB well enough. 10k on a oil change is too much

Yeah, but was it AMSoil? :alchi:

Anyway, the grand Marquis is an upscale Vic, so it should have omre features, as well as better seats and stuff. I know in the 90's era the GM had an optional digital dash (simplified version of the Town Cars) I don't think the Vic was offered.

I am very happy with the Panther chassis... if I was to get another just as a regular everday car, I'd like to find a P71 that wasn't ragged out, otherwise a Grand Marquis is a nice blend.

Really, unless you want the extra speed that either of these cars has to offer, then I woudln't bother, unless you wanted a luxury coupe, then get the Mark. If you are just looking for handling gain, you can easily add P71 parts to any Panther chassis to get it handling pretty darn good. Depending on what you were looking for, if you wanted luxury over speed and 4 doors, check out a Town Car.

Crown Vic Owner
03-05-08, 07:03 PM
Yeah, but was it AMSoil? :alchi:

Anyway, the grand Marquis is an upscale Vic, so it should have omre features, as well as better seats and stuff. I know in the 90's era the GM had an optional digital dash (simplified version of the Town Cars) I don't think the Vic was offered.

I am very happy with the Panther chassis... if I was to get another just as a regular everday car, I'd like to find a P71 that wasn't ragged out, otherwise a Grand Marquis is a nice blend.

Really, unless you want the extra speed that either of these cars has to offer, then I woudln't bother, unless you wanted a luxury coupe, then get the Mark. If you are just looking for handling gain, you can easily add P71 parts to any Panther chassis to get it handling pretty darn good. Depending on what you were looking for, if you wanted luxury over speed and 4 doors, check out a Town Car.the vic HAD a digidash. Vics are gone period. I have a NON police package vic and i have done curb hops at 50mph and have even got it airborne.

Its interesting. The p71 is not a well handling car, its stiff but DURABLE.

I am personally going to look at a few mark viiis, the issue is my valve seals are gone in my car and it puffs blue smoke, too lazy to change them

Crown Vic Owner
03-05-08, 07:48 PM
your ability to earn an income which supports your car buying habits while still in high school, your relatively broad exposure to cars in general, and a typing ability that is miles ahead of some users here is quite admirable for somebody who is autistic....www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-forums-lounge-member-introductions/128835-pls-watch-video-donates-49cents-autism.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism

Why dont you go **** yourself. I work my ass off for what i purchase. Maybe you do not understand who i am, nor have you met me in real life, so keep your damn opinions to yourself. I never claimed that my case was severe, it is pretty mild but anyone who sees me in real life and carries on a converstation for more than 10 mins can notice. Its not a negative way either. Any of the people who met me at the chitown meet can vouch for me.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-05-08, 08:45 PM
You're gonna probably want to edit that out CVO. Urb isn't gonna like it if you tell him to go **** himself.

CTSV_Rob
03-05-08, 09:07 PM
UrBANski isn't going to like that one.

CadillacGurl
03-05-08, 09:16 PM
I sense a ban in the near future...

AlBundy
03-05-08, 09:22 PM
He might show some mercy.

Rolex
03-05-08, 09:23 PM
Why dont you go **** yourself. I work my ass off for what i purchase. Maybe you do not understand who i am, nor have you met me in real life, so keep your damn opinions to yourself. I never claimed that my case was severe, it is pretty mild but anyone who sees me in real life and carries on a converstation for more than 10 mins can notice. Its not a negative way either. Any of the people who met me at the chitown meet can vouch for me.

Quoted for posterity. :stirpot:

That's a heck of a way to respond to a compliment my friend. :food-snacking:

Crown Vic Owner
03-05-08, 10:00 PM
While your friend is being a dickwad.

I apologize to you. Not to urb. Even if i get perma banned, its worth it. Just stating the truth

Florian
03-05-08, 10:05 PM
As Peter Gabriel says. "Lord, here comes the flood"

Ballsy.

F

onyx
03-05-08, 10:25 PM
1996 impala ss

Rolex
03-05-08, 10:34 PM
While your friend is being a dickwad.

I apologize to you. Not to urb. Even if i get perma banned, its worth it. Just stating the truth

Nobody needs to vouch for you, and nobody was insulting you. You had to misunderstand what was said to get this angry, or maybe not and you're just a little unstable today. But hurling insults at another member is against the rules and I won't have it. If you can't come back with a different attitude then don't come back.

BANNED

DILLIGAF
03-05-08, 10:36 PM
We need a new word,tardban?bantard?disbantard,lexbantard?

RightTurn
03-05-08, 10:55 PM
http://ciws.net/smiles/crazy2.gif

gary88
03-05-08, 10:59 PM
We need a new word,tardban?bantard?disbantard,lexbantard?

taliban?

RightTurn
03-05-08, 11:05 PM
Harsh.

:D

urbanski
03-06-08, 06:47 AM

interesting. i said you were "admirable", but you told me to **** off?
if you have what you say you do, i was complimenting you....as everyone above me just pointed out.
dickwad, too? hmm....
i'm not the one who banned you either

urbanski
03-06-08, 06:49 AM
He might show some mercy.

mentioning banned forums here is against the rules, as is using creative spelling to get around the filters
http://www.cadillacforums.com/agreement.html