: Need some help soon. Project at a standstill.

Scout
05-20-04, 12:21 AM
When I pulled the eldo rear sump pan at pull&save I broke off the dipstick tube. :banghead: I've been looking for one locally to no avail. So if anyone can help me out please email me. My project can't move forward until I get one. :crying: trespass@comcast.net. Thanks!

lux hauler
05-20-04, 06:39 PM
Make your own.......3/8" tubing should work. Some of the vendors sell tubes too. Not sure if they're new pieces or not. My machinist tapped the dipstick tube hole and threaded a compression fitting into it. Now my dipstick tube is a two-piece deal and either end can be replaced without all of the hassle.:thumbsup:

Scout
05-20-04, 10:50 PM
That might work. How long is it above the block?

lux hauler
05-21-04, 05:04 PM
Here's how I plan to do mine......

Start with the tube much longer than is actuall needed. Fill the engine with the amount of oil required for the pan you're using (take the filter into consideration also). Insert the dipstick and check the level. More than likely the dipstick won't reach the oil. With a tubing cutter, trim the tube and try again repeating this until the dipstick reads full.
If I'm not mistaken, the dipstick tube comes up to about the middle of the exhaust ports. I'll have to look at my other 500 to be sure. I'll take a picture of it later and post it for you too see.