: Plz Listen 2 My story Need Help ASAP

yungwun724
03-03-08, 10:35 AM
To Make It shirt....I ran out of gas, put gas back in, mad it back 2 my house but the car was running really slow like no gas was getting to it, came out the next morning and car wont turn over, sprayed a little started fluid and cleaned my throttle body.....now it starts with no problems until i put my car in drive, and step on the gas, then it shuts off, Wat Can Be The Problem???????

RunningOnEMT
03-03-08, 10:41 AM
clogged fuel filter....

foos
03-03-08, 11:26 AM
Sometimes if you run out of gas there is crud in the bottom of the tank and it goes through the system.. Hopefully all of this just got caught in your filter and all you have to do is get another one and pop it out with the quick connects and pop another one in.. Easy, just make sure you release the pressure on the system first through the little valve in the fuel rail or let the car sit for a while.

Ranger
03-03-08, 11:52 AM
The pump is cooled by the gas. Chances are that you burned up the pump by running it dry. Put a fuel pressure gauge on it and see what kind of fuel pressure you have, if any, but check the fuse first.

yungwun724
03-05-08, 10:29 AM
clogged fuel filter....

so when i get the new fuel filter and it still wont start would could be some other possibilities????????

chubbyranger
03-07-08, 06:21 AM
so when i get the new fuel filter and it still wont start would could be some other possibilities????????

Read Ranger's post - possibly a cooked fuel pump.

yungwun724
03-08-08, 10:33 AM
ok so my throttle body blew out a flame b/c of all the combustion and then my MAF sensor got burnt....would this make a car not drive or start?

yungwun724
03-08-08, 10:35 AM
ok so i put my fuel filter back in...and my car starts better then it did before but it still wont drive it just cuts off....i have no codes on my dash but i do have a bad MAF sensor.....and if i can hear my fuel pump iz that bad or good??????

CadillacSTS42005
03-08-08, 10:45 AM
English mastery my friend...

and a bad maf can and will cause drive ability issues...

Submariner409
03-08-08, 10:50 AM
From your other threads, did the backfire occur after spraying starting fluid or choke cleaner in the throttlebody ??

Yes, the Mass AirFlow sensor directly controls fuel trim, so if it is toast (the resistor bridges are fragile..) you may well have a no-start condition.

There are also several other sensors in and near the TB which control fuel and air mixture trim. Any one can now be toast.

CadillacSTS42005
03-08-08, 10:52 AM
why create another thread for your problem??

codewize
03-08-08, 11:47 AM
That's one of the reason you're never supposed to use started fluid on a fuel injected engine. That crap is for carburetors.

chubbyranger
03-08-08, 12:14 PM
If you can hear your fuel pump (1-3 second whirr under the back seat at key 'on') that is a good thing - it means you dodged a bullet. Change your MAF sensor.

codewize
03-09-08, 10:46 PM
Sorry about the typo up there, obviously I meant Starter Fluid.

aarcuda
03-10-08, 10:22 PM
you need to check the fuel pressure. Im thinking you cooked your pump by running it low on gas. a cooked pump can give enough pressure to start but not drive. you need to check the pressure first