: Headlight Assembly Removal on 1999 Catera

AHazzardToAll
03-02-08, 11:17 PM
Hey Guys. I am working on a headlight for a 1999 cat and wow, the headlight removal is so much more difficult than my 01'.:confused: I had the top two bolts removed, the grill, and that little wierd bracket thing after the grill but it still won't budge.:rant2: I searched but found nothing on the removal. Thanks in advance, Luke.

todd2fst4u
03-03-08, 01:27 AM
theres a screw under the headlight too. you have to remove the piece of trim directly under the headlight to access it. and there's just one screw holding the piece of trim on

CateraMV6
03-03-08, 09:33 AM
Correct, its either a screw or a clip of some sort, you have to remove it and then pull that piece back starting from the area closesst to the grill and slowly pulling it back... there is a snap on clip that goes in the fender and you have to turn the trim about 45deg forward before you pull it out otherwise if you try to force it it will snap.
Then you will see the screw that holds it... its right under the low beam reflector... at an angle down... use a flash light and something long to reach it...

I had mine off a couple of times and I got pretty used to removing them.

CateraMV6
03-03-08, 09:37 AM
Here is a removal guide for ya... http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1154966960

AHazzardToAll
03-03-08, 03:59 PM
Alright, thanks guys. The reason i was removing the headlight originally was to replace the hi-beam bulb that wasn't working on my car. It's a tight fit between the battery and the headlight so in my car i just simply remove the assembly, but it's 10x's easier,.... I went ahead and just replaced the bulb, and now that my hand's all torn up it still doesn't work!!!!!! I'm going to take the headlight out to look at the wiring. Also, the assembly inside shakes around. Would that be a broken bracket piece inside or something? Thanks Again, Luke.

libbysman
02-21-09, 02:34 AM
I have the same situation with the headlight reflectors on my 97. I changed the bulbs (like you the hard way) and noticed that the reflectors are just flopping around in there. The right one is stuck way out of position. Did you ever figure out the problem? Cheers, Brian

AHazzardToAll
02-21-09, 06:32 PM
Ended up being broken adjusters, if your right one is just angled wrong you can re-adjust it, but be careful not to point it too high or you car's going to have a lazy eye like my girlfriend's. I'm about to buy a new set of headlights for mine and give my old ones to her.