: Not sure exactly what I did but I need some help.

TheCaddyKidd
03-01-08, 11:46 AM
Ok so last night I decided to install some led lightbars. I only got partial done so I ended the install early. Part of my install was to take the driver door panel off. Well while putting it back I got freaked out becasue nothing on the driver door was working.(window switches, memory seats, door light, etc) so I started playing with the fuses and checking them out. The car was off while doing this however I am not sure if I truly messed something up by pulling fuses because now my viper remote start isnt working. I can't unlock, lock, remote start, or anything with the viper system. Everything on the actual car is working. Anyone have any idea on what might have happened. The truck did die out in the beginning because I left all the lights on for a while with the radio. Not usre if just the loss of power caused the system to reset or something. Is there anything that I can do or should I try bringing it to the place that did the remote start? What is happening is every time I hit the lock or unlock button is I get a beep and thats it.

DLE
03-01-08, 11:55 AM
Try disconnecting your negative battery and let it sit for 5 minutes to reset. Then put it back on and take it on a drive. That might work.

TheCaddyKidd
03-01-08, 12:00 PM
What exactly would that be doing for the viper alarm? As stated that is the only thing not working. Basically it seems like the viper is not getting power or something. Once I disconnect the battery won't I need to def have th eviper reprogrammed?

Rolex
03-01-08, 05:40 PM
That's why they recommend disconnecting the battery when doing any aftermarket install. I'm sorry I can't help you, but I bet the next time you do mods you'll disconnect the battery. Good luck getting it fixed.