: Mud flaps /articulating running boards

TED/CAD
02-29-08, 11:15 PM
Just bought a 2008 Escalade with the articulating running boards. Has anyone found a set of mud flaps to fit without any problems when the running boards are extended.I really like the looks of the color matched molded mud flaps. Has anyone modified these to fit and do you have any pictures?

doctordog
03-01-08, 10:28 PM
i installed molded flaps no problem with the articulating boards even though the manufacture says they do not work with articlating boards they barley touch the leading edge i also locked out my boards in the extended position

airlaird
03-01-08, 10:43 PM
I would love to see a pic on how you put front flaps on with articulating running boards...so the flaps went on without any problem?? Where did you get the flaps??
airlaird

TED/CAD
03-02-08, 01:07 PM
Could you please post a pic. Did you use the color matched molded flaps from Cadillac or did you find some others?

doctordog
03-02-08, 01:07 PM
sorry no camera i bought them from gm parts direct

TED/CAD
03-02-08, 04:10 PM
Thanks.

airlaird
03-02-08, 09:40 PM
ok, so just to make sure..the FRONT flaps went on WITH articulating running boards??
airlaird

VGJackson
03-03-08, 04:03 PM
Guess I will buy a set and see if they work on my 08 EXT, I am sick of the 22's throwing crap on the boards and the sides of the truck.

hcvone
03-03-08, 06:44 PM
I have a full set of white mud flaps for sale, it does clearly say they will not work with power running boards, but I have heard of two poeple installing them and claiming they will work

VGJackson
03-03-08, 07:43 PM
Carl, pm or email me genej@escalesystems.com with price on the white set of mud flaps

newmoney
03-04-08, 02:09 AM
I have the flaps with a standard running board. But I want to change to the power running boards, my dealer said I could but another said I couldn't. Any help out there?

hcvone
03-04-08, 08:20 AM
Carl, pm or email me genej@escalesystems.com with price on the white set of mud flaps

You have mail. :)

airlaird
03-04-08, 10:23 PM
Well...I can't beleive they will go on...seems we can't seem to get an absolute answer from Doctordog....maybe he meant the REAR flaps which we all know fit..but the front...I can't see how that is possible.
Please someone enlighten me.
airlaird

VGJackson
03-04-08, 10:38 PM
I have a set on the way from Carl, stay tuned and we will see if they work.

doctordog
03-04-08, 10:51 PM
they will go on with no problem like i stated earlier the front flaps barley rub the leading edge of the board no big deal they look excellent

airlaird
03-05-08, 09:24 AM
Thankyoufor the reply! I have been corrected...and I'm glad ;-)
airlaird

airhammer
03-18-08, 10:44 PM
How did your front mud flaps work out? Pics?

TED/CAD
03-19-08, 12:42 PM
I just got mine in today and haven't had the time to install them yet, but I did hold them in place and like you said the steps just touch them a little. I think with a little work with using something to shim them ever so slightly they will work and look really good.

biglg
08-28-08, 04:39 PM
Ted/Cad,

So, how did they turn out? I too have the power running board on my 07 and would like to put a set of front and rear molded color matched splash guards on. I would love pictures, opinions, and install/modification steps. Thanks.

ourcaddy
08-29-08, 08:21 PM
bump for pics!!!!

spankyca
08-29-08, 10:06 PM
bump for pics!!!!

I second that bump for pics :thumbsup:

camens
08-30-08, 02:39 AM
I've got the flaps on my 08 with power running boards. I'll try to post pic tomorrow.

biglg
08-30-08, 02:50 PM
Thanks, I would love to see them. You have the GM Molded Splash guards, right? How did you have to modify the fronts to get them to work/fit? THanks and pics and process would be great.

spankyca
09-02-08, 12:27 PM
I've got the flaps on my 08 with power running boards. I'll try to post pic tomorrow.

Any luck with the photos yet?

Thanks!

camens
09-03-08, 06:31 PM
Sorry....forgot. I'll do it tonight.

camens
09-03-08, 11:27 PM
OK....I did not have to do any modding for these flaps to fit. They are a very simple install. The catch is that the running boards rub the front flaps when they extend. Yes, they do create scratches from doing this. I gave the flap a quick wipe so you could see the amount of scratching that has happened over the past 3 months. Hardly noticeable when simply looking at the truck, and for me an acceptable trade off for avoiding rock chips.

Its been raining here for a few days so excuse the dirty truck.

biglg
09-04-08, 11:14 AM
thanks for the pics.

However, call me crazy but are those in the up, or down position? I think the boards are up in the pics. Am i correct? the angle makes it hard to tell.

If they are in the up, can you take one shot with the boards down? thanks.

fear1
09-04-08, 11:47 AM
Looks great, I think it is time to get mine on order.

true07esv
09-04-08, 05:20 PM
Just bought a 2008 Escalade with the articulating running boards. Has anyone found a set of mud flaps to fit without any problems when the running boards are extended.I really like the looks of the color matched molded mud flaps. Has anyone modified these to fit and do you have any pictures?

I don't have any mud flaps on my 07 ESV but just to let you know that you can actually adjust the board backwards in about less than ten minutes. If you look under the boards itself where the brackets are, you will see two screws on each brackets (front and rear) and loosen them up. Once you do that tap the front of the board just enough to clear or install the flaps and you shouldn't have any problems at all. And of course, don't forget to tighten the screws back. :D

biglg
09-04-08, 05:26 PM
You've got to be kidding me. They can be moved back? How far will they move?

Anyone that has the factory molded guards installed please try this and see if the rubbing is gone.

I am going to check this out when I get home tonight and see how much additional clearance I can get. If i can move them enough so they dont rub the fronts I am buying the splash guards tonight.

true07esv
09-05-08, 01:03 AM
You've got to be kidding me. They can be moved back? How far will they move?

Anyone that has the factory molded guards installed please try this and see if the rubbing is gone.

I am going to check this out when I get home tonight and see how much additional clearance I can get. If i can move them enough so they dont rub the fronts I am buying the splash guards tonight.

Yes, 100% sure.....I moved mine so it won't rub against my 26" wheels. I also learned that from my '08 F250 lifted and I added the electric side steps. They all came from one manufacturer and made all of them the same.
You can actually move them all the way back to touch the rear tires. That's how much you can move the boards.....Remember tho, not the screws from the frame but the screws (allen) from the board. You don't have to screw it out all the way, just loosen it up enough for it to move.

spankyca
09-07-08, 09:44 AM
OK....I did not have to do any modding for these flaps to fit. They are a very simple install. The catch is that the running boards rub the front flaps when they extend. Yes, they do create scratches from doing this. I gave the flap a quick wipe so you could see the amount of scratching that has happened over the past 3 months. Hardly noticeable when simply looking at the truck, and for me an acceptable trade off for avoiding rock chips.

Thanks for the photos!

Got mine ordered on Friday. Strange but the white diamond color was very hard to find. Only one site has it that I could find so far has it listed and even GM's official accessories site does not list white diamond.

airhammer
09-07-08, 02:36 PM
Please post pics of your install. Steps up and down.

Thanks

fear1
10-03-08, 03:40 PM

Are these the contoured, or molded GM flaps? I need to know what to order. Thanks,

Larry

jomor
10-08-08, 11:06 AM
They are paintable and mine came prepainted from the dealer who refused to install the front set on my new 08. Iinstalled them myself in a half an hour. Simply mount the flaps, extend the boards. loosen the four allan key bolts that clamp the boards tightly and tap the boards back slightly to gain more clearance. As seen, they will extend past the rear wheel well openings slightly but will only very slightly touch the flaps. There is still at least 1.5 inches of clearance between the rear wheels and the board at their closest point.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e269/olliegert/P1010003.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e269/olliegert/P1010004.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e269/olliegert/100_0412.jpg

Bu Sneada
11-02-08, 11:15 AM
Thanks to this thread, I just fixed the front mud flaps on my ext (Part:19165826). I'll not need to worry about stone chips on the door panel anymore! I've attached some pics for those who still didn't fix them.

nathanr93
04-14-09, 12:00 PM
Hey Spankyca,
Can you post the website where you ordered molded splash guards in white diamond? I have an 07 ESV and I am sick of wiping crud off the sides and want them to match the paint on the suv.
Thanks!

Marc008
03-17-10, 09:56 AM
They are paintable and mine came prepainted from the dealer who refused to install the front set on my new 08. Iinstalled them myself in a half an hour. Simply mount the flaps, extend the boards. loosen the four allan key bolts that clamp the boards tightly and tap the boards back slightly to gain more clearance. As seen, they will extend past the rear wheel well openings slightly but will only very slightly touch the flaps. There is still at least 1.5 inches of clearance between the rear wheels and the board at their closest point.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e269/olliegert/P1010003.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e269/olliegert/P1010004.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e269/olliegert/100_0412.jpg

So I guess the last picture with the part#19165822 is the mudflaps you used on the 2 other pics? And they will fit with the boards moved back like it was said in the other posts?

I hope you can help me im trying to find this for one of my customers hes pretty mad we cant get him mud flaps with the articulating running boards.

Bear
11-12-10, 10:18 PM
Resurrecting an old thread here. I moved from a 2003 EXT to a 2010 EXT with the articulating boards. Really enjoying it for the most part however I never had the problem with dirt on the rocker/lower door panels like I do now. Thinking of doing what others here have done but was wondering how far the boards are moved back. Does anyone have this as a unit of measure other than "far enough so they don't touch"?

Dobiesdaddy
11-21-10, 01:15 PM
WOW, this is awesome! I did my rears... now I'm doing this. Weather here is turning to nasty and I hate seeing road debris all over the sides in front.

THANX!!!

D.D.

Bear
11-21-10, 05:43 PM
I'm a little confused on part numbers. It seems that GM is listing a different part number for the 2010 EXT front than what has been reported here. The "newer" part looks bigger and shorter which would make adjusting the boards a little more problematic. The part number is 19212797 on the newer version. I like the look of 19165826 listed and shown above. I don't see any reason this older model shouldn't fit, the EXT body hasn't had any real changes since the 2007 was released. Anyone know of a reason this part number change?

I'm going to give the older model a try, but I don't have the number for the older version in black. Does anyone know the correct number?

Dobiesdaddy
11-23-10, 04:22 PM
So I guess the last picture with the part#19165822 is the mudflaps you used on the 2 other pics? And they will fit with the boards moved back like it was said in the other posts?

I hope you can help me im trying to find this for one of my customers hes pretty mad we cant get him mud flaps with the articulating running boards.

What body color is your ride??? Does this part # 19165822 represent a pre-painted molded mud flap in your body color?

I have an '07 Escalade with metallic blue paint (paint code WA# 722J).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Hassmeister/Interio2r.jpg

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Bear
11-23-10, 09:22 PM
Well, I had my front set installed. Not sure if I'm going to leave my steps set as far back as the dealer placed them. They are currently sitting into the rear wheel well about 1.5 inches leaving about 1.5 inches away from the wheel. I ended up installing the newer painted flaps since once I had a chance to look at them they appear the same as what everyone else has shown here. I still believe that the body panels haven't changed so the numbers listed here by everyone else should work on 2007 and up models.

For the record, here are the 2010 numbers for the EXT in black:

Front - 19212797
Rear - 19212814

Dobiesdaddy
11-25-10, 11:33 AM
What color are they painted?

Bear
11-25-10, 12:49 PM
For the above, Raven Black. I really think that's why the numbers keep changing.

Dobiesdaddy
11-29-10, 03:20 PM
For the above, Raven Black. I really think that's why the numbers keep changing.

Thanks.

MrSplenda
04-22-11, 05:48 AM
Can you get these in Black Ice Metallic color?

ourcaddy
05-19-11, 02:59 AM
bump for pics on white diamond,,,

MrSplenda
05-30-11, 04:25 AM
I got some awesome Husky Liner Splash Guards. I like the look of them better than the Cadillac ones. They have an OEM fit and work great with my Articulating Running boards. I barely had to move them back to make them work. I will post pictures soon.

pboerschlein
07-19-13, 07:55 AM
Bump for pics

SpyShops NY
07-19-13, 03:40 PM
what color is your truck its pretty. also what year