Cadillac Owners Forum banner

source for rubber side moulding?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  CaddyChillin77777 
#1 ·
I want to have the rear end of my 86 touched up, I have new fender fillers, new insignias and a nice straight bumper piece to replace a parking lot mishap, but nobody seems to be able to replace my side molding. My paint is beautiful except some clear coat peeling on rear fender and trunk lid, all the shops I take it too say no problem, but they either want to paint over the old piece or say they can't get new.. any ideas where I can get the wide 86 to 91 ish style?
By the way, I don't want to pay to have the whole car painted.. here in San diego where I am, a decent ..not great but decent full car job is like 3000..unless I allow masking of the shinny stuff... and I have NEVER seen masked car paint job without tons of over spray on things it doesn't belong, like the door handle gaskets, and the lamp monitor lenses..not to mention all the shinny stuff around the windows and such....

Anyway, here's a shot of my tail that kinda' shows the stuff I mean..
Thanks, MAtt

See less See more
#3 ·
I just replaced all my rubber bumper fillers. I have an 84 coupe deville that takes the same replacement filler as your Brougham. I located them on ebay. I found them listed under 1980 cadillac, then look for bumper fillers. The seller is listed as Dankodirect or Danko Productions, Inc. I just purchased the entire set for my car (they look just like yours) for $235.00.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.