: Who has Kooks with Magnaflow?

SkullV
02-29-08, 01:09 PM
So I just ordered my Kooks Headers and catted extensions for factory exhaust from Luke at Lindsay. I was just wondering how hard the install was? Luke said that they had to do some sort of bending to the magnaflow pipes and I was wondering if anyone else ran into this? Any help would be great!

rand49er
02-29-08, 01:24 PM
Have you reviewd Rick's instructions in the FAQ? I strongly recommend it. Even though they're for B&B headers, they work great for the Kooks, too, with the only difference that I noted was that for the Kooks, you need to disconnect the steering rod/shaft/whatever on the driver's side ... it's just a bolt then you swing the thing out of the way ... 30 seconds max.

Also (and I'll never let Rick live this one down :histeric:), don't forget to re-insert the oil dipstick tube AFTER you've made careful note where you took it out from. VERY hard to see down there.

I'm slow, and it took me ~10 hrs (5 on a Friday and 5 more the next day), but that was with a Corsa so no fab work was necessary.

Sorry I can't help with your question about the Magnaflow. Oh-h, you're going to love your new sound! :highfive:

SkullV
02-29-08, 03:49 PM
I just don't understand why the factory exhaust would mate up fine and not the Magnaflow? It has the same exact mounting points and my Magnaflow mated to the factory cats PERFECTLY with no leaks.

dqw1
02-29-08, 03:54 PM
No bending was done on mine even without the headers. Mine were cut a little to fit the headers better. Not a big deal.

SkullV
02-29-08, 04:08 PM
No bending was done on mine even without the headers. Mine were cut a little to fit the headers better. Not a big deal.

Without the headers the cat-back fits fine, how was yours cut to fit the headers?

dqw1
02-29-08, 05:56 PM
Actually the cut was made after the cats were put on. They raised the magnaflow under the cats (V was on a lift) and made a quick measurement. Without cutting and installing the hi-flow cats the exhaust would stick way out the back end.

rand49er
02-29-08, 09:24 PM
... the exhaust would stick way out the back end.I'm visualizing late '50's early '60's.