: 2007 escalade DND & NAV override unit

David999
02-29-08, 11:08 AM
Anyone have experience with items from this Canadian company. They seem quite good, easy to install with pics, and the blue tooth hook-up ability is nice. the webe site is .gnetcanada.com with www in front, and look up Nav Video Modules and then 2007+ Cadillac.

nhernandez1616
02-29-08, 11:57 AM
Nice Pickup. I would be very interested to find out how reliable this product is as well as the Company. Too many issues with Coastal as a company and product. I have not made the jump yet into a unlock connector because im waiting for something more reliable. Hopefully this might be it.

Thanks

(Edit 2/29/08) Just noticed that their Contact Us pages aren't working. Not a good sign so far. lol
C'mon you have a company primarily run ofF the internet make sure you have a decent page and make sure IT WORKS!

nhernandez1616
02-29-08, 12:03 PM
Ok, now i feel like an idiot.:hide:

Contact Us does work from some pages but not all. :banghead:

roccos_van
02-29-08, 01:37 PM
They are just resellers of the coastaletech pieces; The GMX and the GEN 4. Stay away as when you experience problems you will not be helped. Consider yourself warned.

David999
02-29-08, 01:57 PM
I was wondering if this was a coastal tech device under a different name, or just resllers, but they seem to have better install pdf's? Are you sure it's the same?

roccos_van
02-29-08, 02:01 PM
Yes, i am.

EDIT - it is the coastaletech piece under a different name.

GETLADE
02-29-08, 02:33 PM
i have the gmx and it works great and i got it with no prolems. im sure coastal is a small company and they might not be able to reach everyone but they haven't been that bad about communication. as far as installation its really easy, i didnt even need their instructions its pretty straight forward. Although i can't get the ipod piece to work correctly.

roccos_van
02-29-08, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the comments; however it seems the "can't get the ipod piece to work correctly" comment doesn't seem to inspire much confidence for me in Coastaletech's products.

Let me just say this, it's not the products so much as the service that is a huge concern - this company will ignore you if you have a problem. They will, period.

GETLADE
03-03-08, 04:49 PM
i haven't tried to communicate with them but i got the ipod piece to work correctly this weekend i set something wrong. so everything is A ok! the piece is only 350 bucks and i think it works good take the plunge. you really wont need any service from them.

roccos_van
03-03-08, 06:34 PM
I have the NAV-TV piece and it works fine for me. Buy the NAV-TV piece instead.