: Want my dad's truck to rumble!

250motorsportz
02-28-08, 02:52 AM
Does anyone know what I have to do to accomplish this? I want the truck to shake or rumble when I rev it up like the old American Muscles did back in the days. Do I need a more powerful engine for this to happen or is there something I can "install". I've heard of adjusting (loosening or tightening) the motor mounts? Or installing cams or something? Anyone got a truck that just rummbles when you rev it?

Eld01
02-28-08, 06:34 AM
Sounds like somethings already loose !!

hcvone
02-28-08, 08:37 AM
Put a set of Cherry Bomb glass packs on the truck, it will rumble then, of course your father would never talk to you again either. ;)

250motorsportz
02-28-08, 01:47 PM
haha thanks for the editing to the thread whoever that was. also I dont want the exhaust to rumble, I already have a Magnaflow exhaust system on it. I want the truck to shake when I rev it up.

Guyz1996deville
02-28-08, 02:18 PM
Good luck. Why would you want it to shake when you rev it. You will need a much more aggrssive motor than what you have....

250motorsportz
02-28-08, 10:02 PM
Good luck. Why would you want it to shake when you rev it. You will need a much more aggrssive motor than what you have....

Cuz it looks wild when you pull up to a red light and it just gives it that american muscle type feel. Is there anything other than getting a more aggresive motor? I've seen guys with mustangs (V8) that rev it up and the front end just rumbles from side to side.

Caddydude420
02-28-08, 10:48 PM
Cuz it looks wild when you pull up to a red light and it just gives it that american muscle type feel. Is there anything other than getting a more aggresive motor? I've seen guys with mustangs (V8) that rev it up and the front end just rumbles from side to side.

Because they have a small, light car with some work done to it most likely...
They not supposed to be smooth. Caddy quiets everything down and purposely makes everything smoother. The old muscle cars are old, simple technology.

Do not loosen the engine mounts. Why don't you loosen the lug nuts while you're at it? You'll definitely get the truck to shake when you give it some gas driving. :D

Rolex
02-29-08, 09:11 AM
Buy a small vehicle and put a big V8 in it. Problem solved.

Guyz1996deville
02-29-08, 02:29 PM
buy a small cj jeep and drop a stroked out 350 small block in it. You will get the results you are looking for..

trukk
02-29-08, 02:34 PM
Wow 2Fitty in the howwz. We miss you in the V forum.

Install solid motor mounts, and a more agressive cam. Instant teeth rattling.

Your dad will love ya for it.

-Chris

Rolex
02-29-08, 03:25 PM
buy a small cj jeep and drop a stroked out 350 small block in it. You will get the results you are looking for..

Funny you say that. I used to own a 1980 CJ 5 with a 304 V8 I had rebuilt, bored, cammed, headers, etc. When you revved it up the whole thing would rock probably 2-3 inches. :D

Koooop
02-29-08, 04:39 PM
Put some V embz on it.

dkozloski
02-29-08, 06:08 PM
Yank a couple of sparkplug wires off. That'll make it shake. Years ago I had a Corvair that had a multipiece flywheel. When the rivets holding it together came loose it shook so bad you couldn't keep the doors shut.

hcvone
02-29-08, 06:12 PM
Funny you say that. I used to own a 1980 CJ 5 with a 304 V8 I had rebuilt, bored, cammed, headers, etc. When you revved it up the whole thing would rock probably 2-3 inches. :D

I had an 81' CJ7 with the 304 and worked it too, they would rock side to side mostly because they were junk. ;) Fun in the summer, froze in the winter.

Rolex
03-01-08, 12:12 AM
I had an 81' CJ7 with the 304 and worked it too, they would rock side to side mostly because they were junk. ;) Fun in the summer, froze in the winter.

You know what they say about a Jeep...the 2 best days you own a Jeep are the day you buy it, and the day you sell it.

srt
03-01-08, 12:51 AM
Lol........... leave the kid alone.

91sonomast
03-01-08, 10:41 PM
ok so u want it to shake, but does your father? if he doesnt then probably wouldn't be a good idea to touch it.
A. thats a huge vehicle, its gonna take a pretty good motor to make it shake, but the factory 6.0 will do it
B. be prepared to drop 5-10k to make it shake real good
C. its still gonna be kinda slow, buy a cts-v and rev it or buy a sportscar

250motorsportz
03-02-08, 10:54 PM
ok so u want it to shake, but does your father? if he doesnt then probably wouldn't be a good idea to touch it.
A. thats a huge vehicle, its gonna take a pretty good motor to make it shake, but the factory 6.0 will do it
B. be prepared to drop 5-10k to make it shake real good
C. its still gonna be kinda slow, buy a cts-v and rev it or buy a sportscar

Well, its only gonna shake when you rev it, not when you drive normally so it wont really affect my dad when he drives it. Also, I dont wanna go out and buy a sportscar JUST to get that satisfaction of it shaking when I rev it, however I am looking into a '69 camaro:stirpot:

250motorsportz
03-02-08, 10:55 PM
Wow 2Fitty in the howwz. We miss you in the V forum.

Install solid motor mounts, and a more agressive cam. Instant teeth rattling.

Your dad will love ya for it.

-Chris

Where would I find solid motor mounts and a more aggressive cam?

Rolex
03-02-08, 11:34 PM
No offense meant....Google (www.google.com) is your friend.

Koooop
03-03-08, 12:31 AM
GM: Anywhere

Mopar: Direct connection

Ford... A trash can

91sonomast
03-03-08, 07:17 AM
Well, its only gonna shake when you rev it, not when you drive normally so it wont really affect my dad when he drives it. Also, I dont wanna go out and buy a sportscar JUST to get that satisfaction of it shaking when I rev it, however I am looking into a '69 camaro:stirpot:
no matter what you do your dad is going to know you did something, no questions. anything you do is going to make driving the vehicle harsher. im not sure how old you are but you seem kind of young and dont have a very good grasp on vehicle modifications or repair. so if i was you i would probably leave my fathers vehicle alone. when modifying a vehicle, even if you were just to put a TB spacer on, your father is going to feel or hear something different. "For every action, there is a equal and opposite reaction."

mtwalet
03-04-08, 06:26 PM
If you want the engine to shake when you rev it, just disconnect a spark plug wire or two! :getaway:

ZaC851
03-05-08, 04:49 PM
This whole thread has to be a joke. Loosening the motor mounts??!?!! LAWL

dkozloski
03-05-08, 06:30 PM
Make a high quality recording of a locomotive idling and play it real loud on the stereo.

Guyz1996deville
03-10-08, 02:27 PM
This is like the movie " The Dear Hunter". It is just a matter of time before something wrong is going to happen. I don't know why but this thread is the one I keep checking. What have you all done to your dads truck to make it RUMBLE :)