: Making A List Of Names For The New Baby

Murphyg
02-27-08, 10:16 PM
Apparently its gonna be a girl.

I really hope it can be kept serious and not become a waste of bandwidth with silly nonsense.

We like names that are short. Preferably one syllable. But two short syllables (as in the name Karen) would work for us.
And nothing with an "E" sound at the end.

We have 3 more months to go. The top of my list is Sara.

Everyone has one. Everyone knows one. Can everyone help us with our list ?

Whats in a name ?

eldorado99
02-28-08, 01:32 AM
I second naming her Sara, it's a good name. My sister spells her name with an "H" though "Sarah", seeing it without an "H" on the end always throws me off for some reason.

c5 rv
02-28-08, 11:33 AM
How about dammit?

Oops, wrong name thread...:D

gothicaleigh
02-28-08, 03:19 PM
For some reason, I've always liked Caleigh. :shifty

boo to you. http://www.8thdaycreations.com/images/gothicaleigh/gothiraspberry.gif

Willow?
Rayne?
Lynn / Lynore?
Ravenelle?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-28-08, 03:30 PM
Oddly enough, I've always liked the name Samantha and Ellie. Funny considering I only ever really knew two women with those names, both were very manipulative.

onyx
02-28-08, 04:30 PM
Bryce

Destroyer
02-28-08, 09:04 PM
My daughters name is Eleni. Its a Greek thing but people really take a liking to her name. They think its a pretty name and so do I but it does have the "eee" sound at the end. I think Sara is a nice name or maybe Jenny or......... I dunno. :D

Murphyg
02-28-08, 10:18 PM
For some reason, I've always liked Caleigh. :shifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphyg View Post

boo to you. http://www.8thdaycreations.com/images/gothicaleigh/gothiraspberry.gif

Willow?
Rayne?
Lynn / Lynore?
Ravenelle?

Dont get us wrong. Please dont get us wrong !
Have many friends, family and all with the "E" sound at the end of there names. We love them all despite that LOL.
Just a preference seeing as the bullying thing in schools and all. It could make it more difficult to rhyme a name if not ending in E.

Not to mention the fact that majority of names that end with E have a tendency to be shortened. Its very easy to drop the E and have a different name. We feel that when giving our child a name, we give that name because thats the name we have chosen. If we wanted it to be something else then we wouldnt have chosen that in the first place. :bonkers:

We have twin girls that are 10 years old. One is named Beth. When registering them for "anything" we were/are constantly asked; "So Beth is short for Elizabeth ? No its Beth. Is it short for Becky ? No its Beth. Is it short for Rebecca ? NO ITS BETH !!
For some reason people dont seem to get it.

Picking a name for a child is a very important thing for expecting parents.
Millions upon millions of dollars are made annually on book sales on that topic.
But even though being such an important decision for expecting parents; its amazing how fast they let it slide when family and friends shorten it or cutesy it up with something else.

Kinda makes one wonder what Billy Rae Cyrus calls his daughter when at home. It aint Miley and it aint Hanna. Ok Hanna makes millions....but still.....

Why go through it all just to have it changed. Its a very important thing that expecting parents go through. So if they go through all that then there should be a reason for it.

Murphyg
02-28-08, 10:24 PM
Bryce

I knew a Bryce...And if you got "him" drunk enough he would probably let guys.......:thepan:

Oh God I feel sick

OffThaHorseCEO
02-29-08, 11:35 AM
Anna is short and nice, but then you get "anna manna bo-banna..."

ive always liked Priscilla, its a nice name to me, it can be shortened but who likes to be called "Priss" or "Prissy"

RunningOnEMT
02-29-08, 11:40 AM
i have always liked the name talia, and the name Theodore, just cuz theo is a cool name

CadillacGurl
02-29-08, 01:24 PM
Alana
Nicola
Emily
Marissa
Anne
Danielle
Ashley
Margaret
Diane
Diana
Kathy
Jessica
Gabriella
Isabela

TagApl4
02-29-08, 02:38 PM
Well this fits none of tyour standars but I am partial to girls named Naomi...

Thats I moan backwards:drool:

onyx
02-29-08, 03:49 PM
I knew a Bryce...And if you got "him" drunk enough he would probably let guys.......:thepan:

Oh God I feel sick

well, my name is Bryce, and i dont mind that some females have the name as well. i think its a very well maintained name.

NOT ON MY WATCH
02-29-08, 04:20 PM
How about "Kiwi"?

Destroyer
02-29-08, 09:18 PM
Just name the kid Fu*khead and be done with it!.:lildevil:

Murphyg
03-01-08, 06:59 PM
well, my name is Bryce, and i dont mind that some females have the name as well. i think its a very well maintained name.

I never thought of Bryce as a name for a girl. Never known a girl by that name, and never heard of it. No disrespect to you or any other Bryces'.
Its just that Ive known one person by that name in my life.....And I can pretty much say that I wish I didnt.
And should go without saying that he would most likely be the same kinda freaky little freak he is no matter what his name.
I apologize to you or any other if Ive unintentionally offended. No disrespect intended.

Murphyg
03-01-08, 07:01 PM
.........................., and the name Theodore, just cuz theo is a cool name

Exactly what I was getting at. If parents like the name Theo......Then why bother naming the child Theodore ? Name the child Theo if thats the name they like. Its always kinda baffled me. Even in my own family.
I was given a first and middle name. But have always gone by the middle. Its like that through my whole family.
Not to say it hasnt helped any of us out over the years. If given enough names, the number of combinations that can be made with the surname, can be the difference between needing to post bail and going home. Its all just a matter of remembering which one/s have been cleared, and which one/s are still on the radar.

But trust me. Either way. Eventually someone with half a brain realizes that those 12 different people are really one in the same. But it can go on for "Quite" a few years. LOL

Murphyg
03-01-08, 07:29 PM
How about "Kiwi"?

I literally Laughed Out loud when I read that one.
About 3 years ago the other twin, Karen, decided she wanted a nickname and made one for herself. It was Kiwi.

At the time it did kinda suit her. Dont know how or why, but kinda did. I havent heard that one in a while.

Thanx for the smile on my face :cloud9:

Murphyg
03-01-08, 07:38 PM
Just name the kid F!head and be done with it!.:lildevil:

I guess it was inevitable. (Even after asking. (And Hoping) )

I really hope it can be kept serious and not become a waste of bandwidth with silly nonsense..............
That there would/will, be replies from individuals whoms parents didnt have any children themselves that survived. :lildevil:

Murphyg
03-01-08, 07:43 PM
We are really enjoying the responses here.
So far 2 or 3 more from here have also been added to our list.

Thanx

Murphyg
06-14-08, 01:47 AM
Its Sara Heather.
She is here and she is perfect.

7 days 12 hours as of this post...happy birthday Sara

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-14-08, 09:14 AM
Nice. I like the name Heather.

Submariner409
06-14-08, 09:37 AM
Yep. Elegantly traditional. She will grow and be proud.

Congratulations for not caving in and inventing some twisted aberrant "individualistic identifier" name.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-14-08, 09:59 AM
And Sara is the name of a pretty awesome Fleetwood Mac song. :yup:

AMGoff
06-14-08, 02:15 PM
Congrats... I guess I'm a day late and a dollar short. FWIW... I was always partial to Abigail.

Sara's nice though... My girlfriend in highschool was named Sara - she wasn't so nice though... lol. And come to think of it... My sister's name is Heather... she's not so nice either!

But I'm sure the baby girl will turn out just fine ;)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-14-08, 03:12 PM
For a while, a few of my friends were simultaneously dating girls named Sara(h). One of them is really nice and outgoing and the other was a backstabbing prima-donna type. Luckily the friend that was dating the prima donna broke up with her (and what a brakeup...he'd heard she cheated on him and he ended it right on the spot and never looked back!).

Murphyg
06-21-08, 03:05 AM
WOW....
T hanx for the replies alll9...

medicz28
06-21-08, 01:48 PM
We're expecting in November, we decided on Avery Aaron for the first and middle name. Although it's going to be a boy, I would think this name works for a girl as well, (Erin) instead.

77CDV
06-21-08, 11:59 PM
Belated felicitations.

Murphyg
06-29-08, 01:56 AM
WOW....
T hanx for the replies alll9...

I have no Idea why I posted that or what it is supposed to mean.

Im assuming it was a general thanx to all.
Ya....had to be what it was.....:o

Thanx all ....she is doing very well at 2 days past her third week b-day ....as well are the rest of us.

As unexpected as it was, without a doubt, good fortune has again been bestowed upon us.
We are grateful beyond words for what we have been given. And humbled to be able to share, so as to receive, the congratulates and best wishes from you all.

Florian
06-29-08, 11:05 AM
Jillian, Heather, Shaniqua?

F

Murphyg
07-06-08, 02:39 AM
Jillian with the J instead of the G...
Thats nice.....I know a Gillian. And I never even thought of that.