: Navigation Help For 2006 Escalade

timored
02-27-08, 10:10 PM
Hi I have a Cadillac Escalade 2006. I bought a 2006 OEM Navigation for it on ebay. I pluged it in just to see if it works. It said Theftlock Activated. How do i remove it. I payed extra $50 to the dumbass on ebay that i bought the nav. from so he would unlock it but he didnt. So again how do i unlock it? Also what the steps of how to install the Navigation System. Because what i did was just take off the front panel, took of the radio and plugged in my navigation system to see if its even a working one. Thanks for any help.

timored
02-29-08, 06:18 AM
Oh come on someone help please. ... :banghead:

hcvone
02-29-08, 07:10 AM
Don't know if this will help but this was an old post I found

Ohh yes .. Try this Should not be as much as going to a dealer...

http://www.radio-code.com/GM-Pay-Page-radio-code.htm

1. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)

2. Press and hold presets buttons 2 & 3 or 1 & 4 for approximately 10 seconds.

3. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down.

4. Donít take long, fifteen seconds max before the next step.

5. Press the AM/FM button

6. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.

7. You now have a six or four-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 3 and the last three digits are from STEP 5

8 If you have a four digit number, it will show all four digits at the same time. Example 4523

Note1: You may have two sets of the same number. Example- (233-233).

Note1: Saturn and GEO Vehicles only require a four Digit Serial #

The fourth digit will be half the size of the first three digits on Saturn and GEO Vehicles .

Now if I recall, there was a GM Hotline that the Dealers would call with the code obtained in the above outlined steps that would give the Tech the unlock code.

timored
03-02-08, 03:49 PM
No that will not work for me because I am talking about a navigation system. Its a touch screen one. http://www.avalancheandaccessories.com/cart/images/pacnavigationvcigm2.jpg

Please help. Thats not the main thing through for me. I need really good instructions on how to install the Navigation system. Taking off the panels and stuff. Please help. Thank you.

timored
03-06-08, 05:47 PM
PLEASE HELP. I need instructions on how to remove the top panel. Please help.

dmarlow
03-06-08, 06:08 PM
I went down the same road as you except mine did come unlocked.

This earlyer post I had may help as well.

http://ppd.delphi.com/pdf/consumer/t...tall_guide.pdf

Just one correction in the instructions the radio fuse was not in the location on my '06 as referenced in the instructions (picture page 3).
As said if you have Y91 or Y92 code (Bose lux option) and a lux navigation unit it's pretty much plug and play except if it's locked then you'll need a trip to the dealer to unlock. Follow pages 3-10 in the install guide.

Everything else was straight forward for me.
Took me about 45 minutes and two or three Corona's.

Good luck!!!!

dmarlow
03-06-08, 06:15 PM
Link is incorrect.

Try this and follow the rest of my instructions as posted above.

http://ppd.delphi.com/pdf/consumer/tnr800_install_guide.pdf

timored
03-06-08, 07:15 PM
Darn. I did it and then saw this post. Thank you for the help. When i installed my Navigation i didnt remove the Radio Fuse. Is that bad? I have a Anti-theft Lock.

ugzruben
04-12-08, 09:05 PM
This is an awesome thread, I have an 03 with an 06 delphi nav system that I installed myself.

It also had the antitheft lock.

I took it to a local dealer and had them to unlock it. It tood them about 2 hours (without and appointment - i showed up friday morning at 7am when they opened)

It cost me about $62.00

It works great!!!

Except, I hate that it won't let you input a destination while moving - I am currently searching through threats and post to find a fix or hack. In the meantime, if there is any one here who can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again!!!!