: WiFi Key

MauiV
02-27-08, 07:05 PM
I am trying to hook my Wii up to my WiFI, problem is I have forgotten the key. My laptop and 2 cellphones are both connected but have been that way for several months and now I cant remember where to look for the pass key.

Where should it be on the laptop so I can find it?

Would it be on my regular comp that is the admin?

urbanski
02-27-08, 07:08 PM
i saved my password to a text file on my pc for just such a scenario!
my router stores the password in plain text. if yours does not, you could login to the router and change it....update your devices then

gary88
02-27-08, 07:16 PM
Type 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 into the address bar on your browser and it should take you to your router settings page, the key should be somewhere in there.

dkozloski
02-27-08, 07:32 PM
Worse comes to worse, you can always do a hard reset on your wireless router and start over.

nikon
02-27-08, 09:53 PM
Worse comes to worse, you can always do a hard reset on your wireless router and start over.

yup, just press and hold the reset button on the back.

Brizzal
02-27-08, 10:24 PM
Type 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 into the address bar on your browser and it should take you to your router settings page, the key should be somewhere in there.

that works if u remember your login lol
what kind of router is it?

codewize
02-28-08, 09:20 PM
That's what I was thinking. Not that big of a deal really. I will tell you this, I never ever write anything down like that. If I have to write down a key for some reason or a password, it goes in the shredder as soon as I'm done with it.

It's very very easy to gain access to any Windows hard drive especially if there's a wireless network involved.