: Help - airbox falling apart

g&t_caddy
02-27-08, 06:26 PM
I was just quoted $423 for a replacement airbox for my 2000 MY Escalade. Does anyone have a suitable alternative that I could get that won't be too loud (lots of the cold air intake kits say they increase induction roar a lot).
Thanks

Rolex
02-27-08, 07:59 PM
Volant is a popular maker that many Escalade owners seem to use. Over the years I've gathered it's one of the priciest but it's not nearly as loud as the K&N and some of the other offerings. It has more of an OEM look to it, would add some HP, and is a nice add on.

eta: how is it that your air box is "falling apart?"

JD001249
02-27-08, 11:45 PM
i have a volant and the roar of the intake is not bad, sounds much healthier. I highly recommend them, it has increased my mpg...

g&t_caddy
02-28-08, 02:58 AM
Thanks for the info, I'll check Volant out.
The clips have gone on the cover so there's no way to clip it shut. I tried zip ties. They worked for a while but gave up at an unfortunate time on the freeway and my revs droppped dramatically due to a much restricted air flow! Not sure why they broke to start with, apart from the odd major backfire when I was low on propane. It runs on propane and CNG as well as regular gas....my attempt at being a little greener!

hcvone
02-28-08, 08:39 AM
I have had several different air intakes and the Volant has been the best aftermarket unit so far. Look on E-Bay you may find a stock unit dirt cheap