: Breaking News: Hot-rodder Boyd Coddington dead at 63

Playdrv4me
02-27-08, 01:31 PM
I always thought he was an as*hole compared to Foose, but there is no denying he had a legacy in the business...

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/27/breaking-boyd-coddington-dies-at-age-63/

HITMONEY
02-27-08, 01:33 PM
WOW!!!

RIP to one of the greats.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-27-08, 01:41 PM
Didn't he have that show on Speedvision or TLC or something like that?

Playdrv4me
02-27-08, 01:45 PM
Didn't he have that show on Speedvision or TLC or something like that?

Chad, it hasn't been called "Speedvision" for the better part of 4 years. WATCH SOME TV! ;)

And yes, he had a show on TLC modeled after American Chopper... "American Hot-Rod"

gary88
02-27-08, 04:13 PM
I was never a big fan of him, but still had respect for him. R.I.P.

eldorado99
02-27-08, 05:58 PM
I liked American Hot-Rod... RIP Boyd.

LS1Mike
02-27-08, 08:27 PM
I always thought he was an as*hole compared to Foose, but there is no denying he had a legacy in the business...

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/27/breaking-boyd-coddington-dies-at-age-63/

+1 He could be a first class prick, not sure it was for ratings at all.
He did make some spectacular stuff.
Prayers for his family. RIP Boyd.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-27-08, 08:51 PM
What made him such a dick?

LS1Mike
02-27-08, 08:52 PM
Have you ever seen the show? Man he treated some of the employees not so good. That is why a few of them went to work for Foose.

Let me caviate that by saying, that was on the SHOW. Who knows except friends and family how he really was. If you were to go off what you saw on the show only you could get the idea he was a Dick. Like I say he could have been just acting for ratings.
Regardless, to bad to see him go, he made some awesome stuff and some of the best in the business got their start through him.

BigJon
02-27-08, 10:05 PM
ya r.i.p to him i liked his shows cause of his cars but he was a dick

Stoneage_Caddy
02-27-08, 10:47 PM
foose had lone been gone from his shop before the show ....and foose is a real nice dude ....that should say something there ....

boyd had no business running a shop ....im sure outside that he woulda been fine ....he built some very smooth stuff over the years , thats the only respect i have for him

TexasCadillac
02-28-08, 12:00 AM
Boyd Coddington made some very cool cars. I saw the tv show and I would never work for him, he kept his employees all stressed out by trying to make quality cars on a short deadline, he did cut corners because of time. It was mentioned on the show that some things on the cars needed reworked but could not because of the tight deadline, not the best way to build quality cars. I imagine all his employees got drunk or smoked up or took something after work because of all the stress. I think he made his money from making mag wheels. rest in peace Boyd

codewize
03-02-08, 08:22 PM
Definitely a legend across many decades. RIP to one of the great all time car builders.

Phoenix_sac
03-03-08, 12:06 AM
It's hard to believe that the man who gave us CadZZilla is gone.
RIP, Boyd.