: LED upgrade problems

aleixa
02-27-08, 12:15 AM
So I tried to replace my tail lights, rear turn signal, and back up lights with LED lights that were listed as replacements for the OEM bulb numbers. The turn signals were fine, but when I turned the the lights, it keeps blowing the fuse labeled "LPS Park" on the inside fuse panel. so I took them out and put the original bulbs back in. The rear lights work fine, but no rear turn signals. Anybody know what is causing this?

JD001249
02-27-08, 09:36 AM
i would check your fuses and make sure you did not blow a different fuse.

aleixa
05-04-08, 03:46 PM
I found 2 fuses that were blown, replaced them, then tried again. Still blew the fuses. Put the old bulbs back in and everything was fine. I guess what I need to know is if there are any kits to replace my lights for LEDs that will work properly with a 2000 Escalade.

CAD-E!
05-04-08, 08:08 PM
I found 2 fuses that were blown, replaced them, then tried again. Still blew the fuses. Put the old bulbs back in and everything was fine. I guess what I need to know is if there are any kits to replace my lights for LEDs that will work properly with a 2000 Escalade.

i had the same problem when i tried to use LED bulbs on my 03, it blew a fuse. i know there some resistor you can buy but i dont know exactly what it does. after it blew the fuse when i tried to use the LED bulbs i didnt want to bother to use them cause i was afraid i mess up something in the electrical system.

sam hamm
05-13-08, 08:59 PM
you either need to use resistors on both signals or get a led flasher to replace your stock one.

it will tell you about it and you can purchase them from superbrightleds.com