: 2009-2010 possible new features HDD, Bluetooth

wildcoyote
02-26-08, 08:36 PM
Can anyone tell me if there are any plans in the near future for a hard drive based navigation system to rip cd's to in 2009 or 2010 or even itegrated bluetooth. I am very close to purchasing an 70-08 but the lack of these 2 options are really holding me back.

I've read the forums here which are great but I still can't figure out why cadillac hasn't moved forward with factory installed bluetooth on the 09 platinum edition and 3rd party hardware are not options for me. If they do go bluetooth on the 2010, I'm curious if 08's will have a retrofit?

Never owned a SUV, but I can't stop looking at the Escalade's, wonder if the ride will be as smooth as a car?

Hve my eyes on the CTS as well but still no bluetooth either and I heard the Hard Drive only copies music at 128 bit instaed of wave files which i'd assume would sound pretty bad.

Any thoughts?

TSS
02-26-08, 09:07 PM
I feel old.

caddycruiser
02-27-08, 01:41 AM
Bluetooth will be standard across the Cadillac line for 2009, but otherwise, small changes--we'll know what they are for sure next month.

Otherwise...you can't really wonder about an Escalade, go look at and drive one. It's very much a truck, so isn't going to ride or handle like a sports or luxury sedan, but does very well for what it is and is quite refined.

But as for changes...there's no telling on that. Just what is, and what will soon be confirmed as 2009 changes, small at that.

hcvone
02-27-08, 08:26 AM
Hard drive and Bluetooth would be nice, but would not keep me from buying a car or truck.

roccos_van
02-27-08, 02:23 PM
I've heard many people around here say the the '09 model with have bluetooth. As for hard drive based navigation i'm not sure if that is in the near future. It would be cool though because then it can be updated by a gm tech or possibly through onstar? What I think would be cool is to have USB or Micro SD.

cnmgrl
02-28-09, 11:23 AM
I don't know anything about that technical stuff but I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if the body style is going to be changing for the 2010 Escalades. I haven't seen or heard anything yet.

Dif
02-28-09, 12:05 PM
I don't know anything about that technical stuff but I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if the body style is going to be changing for the 2010 Escalades. I haven't seen or heard anything yet.
At one point they planned to freshen up the front for 2010 to look like a Platinum front end.
Then a new body style for 2013 but, with GM in trouble I understand they scrapped everything and will just be going forward as is with nothing new except maybe more new technical stuff.
I'm also waiting for info on the 2010 but haven't seen anything yet either.

Professor Wizard
05-26-09, 04:30 PM
I have an 09' SRX, and I can't find anything in the manual, or by pushing buttons, regarding Bluetooth... My salesman says it doesn't have it, and I haven't inquired in the service department yet. So Bluetooth is NOT available across the Cadillac Line, but rather - is only available on select cars, and probably with select options.