: transaxle shift relays?

os101king
05-19-04, 08:40 AM
:hmm: I read near the end of this article, that through the PCM OVERRIDE control in the climate control panel, you can access the values for the transaxle shift relays.... does this mean that you can actually access and change shift points??? seems possible, but I haven't tried anything... just read it off this board. i've found quite a few great things out here, thanks to everyone that's helped (BBOBYINSKI, yer the man!!) this is the article i'm referencing http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=www.babcox.com/editorial/us/elements/100232e.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.babcox.com/editorial/us/us100232.htm&h=201&w=238&sz=26&tbnid=yyPWmDSXxSIJ:&tbnh=87&tbnw=103&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnorthstar%2Bengine%26start%3D20%26hl% 3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DNp

I've got the earlier OBD I ('94 eldo) if i'm about to step into something ugly, please somebody let me know. i'm skeptical, since i've only had my eldo for about 3 years and haven't done a whole lot of research, that I'd have found some little secret that nobody else figured out yet. probably not, but it's worth askin, right? if it is possibly, any info/pointers would help immensely. also, i have a buddy who picked up a '94 fleetwood for $1900!!!!! (i didn't have the cash so i brought this guy to the lot where she sat.... still kicking myself.) i know this is off topic, but quick mod/performance tips would help. i'll post on that board too.

thanks again everybody.

and, PS.:lildevil: I think we should all get together and murder caddy's management. or at least take away their toys....not only did they kill the greatest sports car/land yacht mix that's ever been built (the mighty eldo)... not only do they make an SUV.... BUT THAT DAMNED "THING" IS A MINIVAN. wake up and smell the soccer balls. the SRX is a minivan. fast and comfy... but still. have they no shame??

thanks again for readin my rant.

BeelzeBob
05-19-04, 12:55 PM
In the onboard diagnostics you can override the shift solenoids and control them "manually" thru the onboard diagnostics....in effect you are just overriding the automatic PCM control of the solenoids and controlling them using the same electronics...just they react when you punch the buttons. This is purely a diagnostic tool to test the solenoids and the wiring and electronics to the solenoids...i.e...this lets you test the PCM, the electronic drivers in the PCM that activate the solenoids, the wiring to the solenoids, etc....it does not in any way reprogram or affect the shift points. Sorry.

The SRX a minivan...????...you must be driving a different SRX than I drove yesterday. Far from a minivan. It will run rings around any minivan and certainly is much more stylish and functional as a car than any minivan.... It isn't for everyone...but who said Cadillac should make just one type of vehicle...???