: WOOOHOOO! Got my Exhaust done!

Ferny
02-26-08, 02:54 PM
so i finally did it. i went down to the muffler shop, and the owner tells me to just cut the mufflers and put pipes. i was like "WTF"! :thepan: he assured me that it would sound good. i know some guy on here did it as well. well, im very happy with the ooutcome. sounds great. he told me it would have been a waste of money to add a flowmaster or magnaflow. very pleased like i said. and it was only $100. a baller on a budget! :woohoo:

V-Smooth
02-26-08, 03:02 PM
"Almost free mod" ...nice work! :thumbsup:

LUVMY04V
02-26-08, 03:10 PM
so i finally did it. i went down to the muffler shop, and the owner tells me to just cut the mufflers and put pipes. i was like "WTF"! :thepan: he assured me that it would sound good. i know some guy on here did it as well. well, im very happy with the ooutcome. sounds great. he told me it would have been a waste of money to add a flowmaster or magnaflow. very pleased like i said. and it was only $100. a baller on a budget! :woohoo:u should change the tips for another 100 bucks it will look awsome too ;)

these come in 4 inch too http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/parts/35163_sm.jpg
or these http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/parts/35122_sm.jpg

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopdisplaycategories02.asp?zone=main&id=267

whisler151
02-26-08, 03:23 PM
Any pics or videos????

CTSV_510
02-26-08, 05:22 PM
so i finally did it. i went down to the muffler shop, and the owner tells me to just cut the mufflers and put pipes. i was like "WTF"! :thepan: he assured me that it would sound good. i know some guy on here did it as well. well, im very happy with the ooutcome. sounds great. he told me it would have been a waste of money to add a flowmaster or magnaflow. very pleased like i said. and it was only $100. a baller on a budget! :woohoo:

I have 3.5" pipes instead of the mufflers.

this is how it sounds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3gyHmydaOI

AlmostAV
02-26-08, 06:10 PM
Please do not do what luv said, thats the most ricey, lets accessorize / play barbie dress-up games thing you could do to your V, please do not buy "tips"

LUVMY04V
02-26-08, 06:15 PM
Please do not do what luv said, thats the most ricey, lets accessorize / play barbie dress-up games thing you could do to your V, please do not buy "tips"well Im just guessing he used the rest of the exhaust as stock......me personally I wouldnt go that route but they would look alot nicer than the stock ones. the stock ones arent quite adequate and he said he was on a budget

like this guy

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/125518-custom-exhaust-4.html

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i110/bigj_11_null/?action=view&current=Picture220.flv

trukk
02-26-08, 06:17 PM
Please do not do what luv said, thats the most ricey, lets accessorize / play barbie dress-up games thing you could do to your V, please do not buy "tips"

Each to his own. I have a Corsa and personally think the 4" tips are way to big. I really like the Stock tips actually.

If I had it to do over again, I'd probabaly roll my own exhaust. The 2.5" stainless OEM is awesome, you are loosing no power with it. Any cat back is going to be primarily for sound, unless you are going really big on the engine, and need a 3" system. Just need to swap in a new resonator/x-pipe, and then do something about the rear mufflers, and it's good to go time.

-Chris

Shamless plug for the Corsa resonator I have for sale in the classifieds:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3583&sort=1&cat=23&page=1

rand49er
02-26-08, 06:23 PM
Nice sound (though it's hard to really get a good listen not hearing it in person) ... cheap, too!

I'd suggest you put some hi-flo cats on there to replace the stock cats. :thumbsup:

That made more of a difference than the Corsa or headers on my car.

Ferny
02-26-08, 07:02 PM
luvmy04v, thats what i did, but not those ugly ones. i had 4 inch rolled tips welded on their. they look sick IMO. very cheap mod and it sounds great. not to loud and not to quite. but, i do plan on making it louder. W-PIPE!!!!!:devil:

Twitch
02-26-08, 07:14 PM
Nice sound (though it's hard to really get a good listen not hearing it in person) ... cheap, too!

I'd suggest you put some hi-flo cats on there to replace the stock cats. :thumbsup:

Difference in sound or power? I'm thinking about getting hi-flo cats. How did the sound change?

rand49er
02-26-08, 09:03 PM
Difference in sound or power? I'm thinking about getting hi-flo cats. How did the sound change?Power? Maybe a bit.

No, I mean sound. I first had the Corsa for maybe a month or so ... just didn't notice THAT much of difference. Probably partly 'cause I was never behind the car when I accelerated where it may have been more noticeable.

When I did my headers and hi-flo cats after having the Corsa for a few weeks, I installed the Kooks and hi-flo cat on one side on a Friday and the other side on the next day. Well, I started up the car after I had done one side, got a chance to walk around the backside of it, and it gave a very throaty sound out of that side (passenger side). (I remember worrying that my wife might notice :hide:, but she didn't.) I really, really, honestly believe that the hi-flo cats were the major contributor to the difference in that throatiness sound. I'd love to hear a V with the stock headers, hi-flo cats, and straight pipes. :yup:

Twitch
02-27-08, 12:02 AM
Power? Maybe a bit.

No, I mean sound. I first had the Corsa for maybe a month or so ... just didn't notice THAT much of difference. Probably partly 'cause I was never behind the car when I accelerated where it may have been more noticeable.

When I did my headers and hi-flo cats after having the Corsa for a few weeks, I installed the Kooks and hi-flo cat on one side on a Friday and the other side on the next day. Well, I started up the car after I had done one side, got a chance to walk around the backside of it, and it gave a very throaty sound out of that side (passenger side). (I remember worrying that my wife might notice :hide:, but she didn't.) I really, really, honestly believe that the hi-flo cats were the major contributor to the difference in that throatiness sound. I'd love to hear a V with the stock headers, hi-flo cats, and straight pipes. :yup:

So it didn't get crazy loud with all that? Headers are a great mod. I know you need them if you want to add some real power, but I'm worried about the sound. Don't want it to get too loud, and I deff don't wanna lose the deep sound I have now.
Guess they'll end up on my long list at some point.
Thanks

Naf
02-27-08, 03:56 AM
I did the same research before buyin my exhaust system...Exeperience and price were my factors...

IMO i dont like corsa, even if offered for free i wouldnt take it...I just didnt like the drone i got on the insde...It drove me NUTZ. I had to put on an additional resonator which hit every freakin speedbump i went over, inserts and dual wb o2 sensors to kill the inside noise...Fine when i punched her she gave a nice roar, but i was embarraced to have dates in my car...Three feet, thats how far my bros gf jumped away from the car when i started it...

SW swears i wont hear a drone on the inside, so i upped for the resonated version and will give it a try.

Look for youtube sound in the near future, YES THEY SHIPPED FINALLY!!!!!!!!

And please when you record the sound talk a little so we have a benchmark to start from...Everyone records the sounds and there is almost no reference point...

trukk
02-27-08, 12:41 PM

As usuall, Randy hit this one right on the head.

Difference in sound or power? I'm thinking about getting hi-flo cats. How did the sound change?

I had RT Cats before I decided to go the header route. I'd guess they added about 7 -10 rwhp. The OEM cats are definately a restriction, and sound deadener. My car was actually louder at idle with Corsa + RT Cats than Corsa + Headers + High Flow cats (sounds odd, but true). Accelerating Headers are definately louder. WOT + Headers + Corsa = GOOD GAWD.

I did the same research before buyin my exhaust system...Exeperience and price were my factors...

IMO i dont like corsa, even if offered for free i wouldnt take it...I just didnt like the drone i got on the insde...It drove me NUTZ. I had to put on an additional resonator which hit every freakin speedbump i went over, inserts and dual wb o2 sensors to kill the inside noise...Fine when i punched her she gave a nice roar, but i was embarraced to have dates in my car...Three feet, thats how far my bros gf jumped away from the car when i started it...

SW swears i wont hear a drone on the inside, so i upped for the resonated version and will give it a try.

Look for youtube sound in the near future, YES THEY SHIPPED FINALLY!!!!!!!!

And please when you record the sound talk a little so we have a benchmark to start from...Everyone records the sounds and there is almost no reference point...

Naf, Your description of your Corsa experience is contrary to what everyone else has ever posted about it. I've had my Corsa for 65k miles now, and have ZERO drone. By far, and hands down the most drone free system you can get for the V. The only issue you can end up with the Corsa, is the 'rattle' in the rear cans.

-Chris

jnrandall
02-27-08, 12:43 PM
Tips can look good. I followed a similar path of the OP when I first got my V. I had the fiberglass removed from my mufflers for a raspier sound and I got some tips. I got the Borla "single oval rolled angle cut" tips.

http://www.jrandall.com/ctsv/2s.jpg

That held me over nicely until I was able to purchase more toys! :thumbsup: