: Pic of STS removed resonator with chrome plug

ultravorx
05-23-03, 05:41 PM
Well, i finally decided to take off the resonator. So my friend actually found a chrome plug that is a perfect fit for this hole. I know many of you guys use duct tape, and other "interesting" ideas to plug it up, but so far this is the best one i think. Its basically the endcap of a 3" tubular bumber, any speed shop should have these.
Enjoy,
Frank

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/afe41cfc/bc/sts/sts+air+intake+mod.jpg?bcPgpz.AHlOBmh6t

elwesso
05-23-03, 10:35 PM
And what exactly is this supposed to do??

ultravorx
05-24-03, 12:43 AM
http://caddyinfo.netgetgoing.com/cars/brianc.htm

Info on what this mod does

Chuck C
05-24-03, 08:56 AM
so does it add a horsepower boost?

Katshot
05-24-03, 10:12 AM
No it doesn't. It just cleans up the engine compartment and lets you hear a little more intake roar.

elwesso
05-25-03, 12:31 AM
Is the resonator used to just make it quieter??

If so, i think there are about 3 useless pieces of plastic surrounding my airbox....

BeelzeBob
05-31-03, 11:02 AM
Doesn't anything that restricts air intake cause you lose horsepower? If you free it up, you should be getting atleast a tiny little bit more air in... When LSC owners remove their airbox (quites the exhaust), they get about 3 more horsepower...

elwesso
05-31-03, 03:07 PM
Well, if it anything like the ones on my car, they are just like a box that hooks onto the intake.... More or less a place for the air to go, but doesnt have to pass through. It just has an open end in the intake to absorb sound waves, but doesnt restrict flow. Comprede??

AKPsiMC03
05-31-03, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Sal Collaziano
Doesn't anything that restricts air intake cause you lose horsepower? If you free it up, you should be getting atleast a tiny little bit more air in... When LSC owners remove their airbox (quites the exhaust), they get about 3 more horsepower...

the resinaor on a mark viii is also inline with the intake. its is before the filter. with this one its off to the side and wont show much improvement. if you want i can take a pic of the resinaor it took out of my tbird to see exactly whi you get a boost from it. the thing is about the size of a 4 slice toaster.