: What's with the foot long antenna trend?

hueterm
02-26-08, 02:11 AM
The G8 thread that's going on got me looking at the Pontiac site, and it has one of those stupid foot long roof antennas. Why wouldn't it have a shark fin, or a small XM/Onstar antenna like other GM vehicles?

Chryslers have a similar variant, VW uses them....they're just so obnoxious...

Cadillacboy
02-26-08, 10:49 AM
I don't like them all either .If it wasn't a big deal I would change my FWBs to the smaller ones too

OffThaHorseCEO
02-26-08, 11:22 AM
i attended high school in a predominantly "country" area, this was all the rage in those years (maybe still be):
http://www.hamuniverse.com/n5hiijstickaa.JPG

hueterm
02-26-08, 02:20 PM
OK, let's try this again w/more than one word..... :rant2:

Touché

EcSTSatic
02-26-08, 02:22 PM
It's a Freudian thing

TexasCadillac
02-26-08, 03:31 PM
i attended high school in a predominantly "country" area, this was all the rage in those years (maybe still be):
http://www.hamuniverse.com/n5hiijstickaa.JPG This truck antenna is not a country thing, it is a CB radio thing.

Spyder
02-27-08, 11:51 AM
Ahhhhhh...the whip antennae. I had an 8 1/2 foot whip on the trunk of my Wimbledon White '66 Lincoln Continental so I could run the CB and talk to people miles and miles away. :)

Spyder
02-27-08, 11:51 AM
...kinda like running three inch exhaust on a big block. Allows you to use more of the available power. Doesn't give you more but allows more of it to come out and be usable.

OffThaHorseCEO
02-27-08, 07:40 PM
This truck antenna is not a country thing, it is a CB radio thing.

...kinda like running three inch exhaust on a big block. Allows you to use more of the available power. Doesn't give you more but allows more of it to come out and be usable.

problem is, most of the guys didnt have CB radios, they were high school kids who only did it cause other high school kids did it

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-27-08, 08:22 PM
problem is, most of the guys didnt have CB radios, they were high school kids who only did it cause other high school kids did it

Poseurs.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-28-08, 09:15 PM
I've got a CB in my caddy. I love it goin down the highway cause you know where all the cops are. Its also a good way to stay entertained because you have some damn good conversations with truckers. They are great in traffic jams too because i can know when the jerk-offs are riding up the shoulder and i can box em in.