Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  tenmark 
#1 · (Edited)
After selling my triple-black 95 and making some profit, I couldn't resist going on the prowl to extinguish the hole burning in my pocket. I picked up a '78 FWB in ULTRA RARE triple-white (anyone seen one lately?), with only 41k original, one-owner miles. Full documentation since new, window sticker, sales order, etc. Everything works- cruise, antenna, rear suspension. Performed flawlessly on the 600+mile ride home. Just needs a thorough clean up- typical old lady's car. But the body is very nice and the white leather is near perfect. Always loved the 77-79 era (in 4-doors configuration only), and especially the exclusive design of the Fleetwood doors and B-pillars. Here's a few pics to share-

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Absolutely stunning. '77-'79 was an exceptional era for Cadillac and I am quite fond of them, too.

Looks like you discovered quite a prize. Congrats!

#5 ·
Drive it to Florida so I can have a look at it. Tell me how comfortable those seats are? :p

Very nice.... I'm a bit jealous.. How much, if you don't mind me asking?
I'll be headin' south as soon as I get your deposit for the gas bill....

The seats are literally "clouds".... that's the only way to describe. Absolutely supple leather (still, after all these years) combined with cushions that seem like a foot thick...

Price? I don't want everyone to start hating, so I'll keep that somewhat under wraps. I will say that I paid more for the wheel/tire upgrade on the 95....

#4 ·
Wow, very nice!!!!! A triple white mint condition low mile '78 Brougham!!! Very awesome!

#9 · (Edited)
During my trip to Detroit last year, on the way up I saw a 1979 "Coupe De Grace" (Coupe DeVille with added trim) and on the way back down I saw a 1978 Sedan Deville. Both on the interstate. But the '78 was definitely someones daily beater, it was sad.

And there's a Platinum 1978 Coupe Deville Phaeton in my area with over 250,000 miles on it that the owner still uses on the highway all the time, and too tow his boat. The damn thing still sounds good too! And Rick used to take his '79 on roadtrips from upstate NY to Florida. These cars are wonderful on the highway. The 425 is in it's element.

By the way, great looking Fleetwood Brougham. I never really noticed, but I don't think I've ever seen a late '70s Fleetwood in white-on-white. Personally I prefer the slanted roofline of the coupes more, but to each his own. :)

Ben

#11 ·
Well, you mentioned 425, and that's all I can remember seeing really.

Although, back in '01 on another Detroit trip, I saw something very unique indeed. I was coming back down on the interstate, and a light pink 1959 sedan was going north. Nice condition and everything, it was like a time warp. The odd part was, about three hours later, I saw another pink 1959 sedan, also going north. A totally different car. What are the odds of that? If they had been closer I would have thought it was some kind of group or something. But three hours apart?

Ben

#12 · (Edited)
Actually, this is only the second triple-white FWB from the 77-79 era that I have ever seen, and I've been watching these cars for several years. The first one slipped thru my fingers a couple of years ago. It was a ~40k something mile car also, but had sat up quite a while. This particular vintage really takes me back to the 79 CDV that my uncle bought new- baby blue inside and out. First Cadillac I ever rode in-it left an impression. Personally, I like the more formal, upright roof design of the 1980+ 2-doors, but to each their own.

I think I got maybe 17MPG on the way home. But I don't own these cars for their fuel economy. Luckily, I don't have to commute far for work, and I only work 2 weeks each month.

#14 ·
He got some good money for it($12-13K I think). It is the reason why a friend of mine is going to put his modified 1995 Brougham on eBay this week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.