: Cadillac Dealer Service

strindl
05-18-04, 07:20 PM
I bought my first Cadillac, an 04 Blue Chip 1SC CTS and took delivery on 3/31/2004 from Russ Darrow Cadillac in Waukesha Wisconsin. The dealers service dept seems to have an attitude problem and I'm wondering how common this is among cadillac dealers.

My car on delivery had two relatively minor problems that should have been cleared up with one service appointment with my opinion of Cadillac and the dealer untarnished...but alas, it didn't happen that way.

The problems were, an off center steering wheel, and a rattle inside the dash on the passenger side. After the first un successful attempt by them to center the steering wheel..I had to argue with the service writer to even get them to try to center it properly. They DID get it centered..on their third attempt, which tells me that they COULD have done it right the first time. They just didn't seem to want to take the time to do it.

The dash rattle is still un resolved..and the service manager told me today that it would take them too much time to track down the problem and they didn't want to do it..I should just live with it. Has anyone else encountered an attitude like that?

I went to the dealer ship general manager immediately after that, and he seemed like a reasonable man who was interested in solving the problem. He had the service manager call cadillac and ask them to suggest possible causes for the rattle..and he said he would call me back tomorrow with the results.
I've bought 15 new cars in my life and this is the very first time I've encountered a service manager with that kind of an attitude. Is this an aberation..or does Cadillac have a problem?

miscreant
05-18-04, 07:33 PM
I bought my first Cadillac, an 04 Blue Chip 1SC CTS and took delivery on 3/31/2004 from Russ Darrow Cadillac in Waukesha Wisconsin. The dealers service dept seems to have an attitude problem and I'm wondering how common this is among cadillac dealers.

My car on delivery had two relatively minor problems that should have been cleared up with one service appointment with my opinion of Cadillac and the dealer untarnished...but alas, it didn't happen that way.

The problems were, an off center steering wheel, and a rattle inside the dash on the passenger side. After the first un successful attempt by them to center the steering wheel..I had to argue with the service writer to even get them to try to center it properly. They DID get it centered..on their third attempt, which tells me that they COULD have done it right the first time. They just didn't seem to want to take the time to do it.

The dash rattle is still un resolved..and the service manager told me today that it would take them too much time to track down the problem and they didn't want to do it..I should just live with it. Has anyone else encountered an attitude like that?

I went to the dealer ship general manager immediately after that, and he seemed like a reasonable man who was interested in solving the problem. He had the service manager call cadillac and ask them to suggest possible causes for the rattle..and he said he would call me back tomorrow with the results.
I've bought 15 new cars in my life and this is the very first time I've encountered a service manager with that kind of an attitude. Is this an aberation..or does Cadillac have a problem?
Well, first, this shouldn't happen. It's unfortunate that the gentleman has an attitude.

Secondly, it's not Cadillac. Cadillac doesn't own or operate the dealerships, so you can only blame it on Cadillac. I'm sure if you were to call Cadillac, they would say the same thing - they want you to be happy and satisfied. Don't let the actions of certain dealerships define the quality of the product or the manufacturer.

PS - The Steering wheels on almost all CTSs are cocked slightly to the right - in many cases they adjust after driving based on how crowned your roads are. Here in Oklahoma, the roads are not crowned very much at all, and we subsequently have to adjust them routinely. However, it's not an easy task. So understand that the dealership may have been bringing your steering wheel "into GM spec" but it wasn't appropriate to your road conditions perhaps.

-1-
05-18-04, 07:37 PM
:banghead: I've never had a pleasant dealer service experience in my life. I hate to be in a position where I have to tell people how to do their job. You have to stay on them to make sure they don't do more damage than good. If I were you, I'd try to live with the rattle in the dash. The last thing I would want is someone at the dealer tearing out the dash. You might have more problems once it's put back together. Demand the service that you're entitled to. The dealer gets paid well for warranty work. You shouldn't have to beg them. Unless you live in small town, take it to another nearby Cadillac dealer for service. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

strindl
05-18-04, 08:39 PM
Well, first, this shouldn't happen. It's unfortunate that the gentleman has an attitude.

Secondly, it's not Cadillac. Cadillac doesn't own or operate the dealerships, so you can only blame it on Cadillac. I'm sure if you were to call Cadillac, they would say the same thing - they want you to be happy and satisfied. Don't let the actions of certain dealerships define the quality of the product or the manufacturer.

Oh yes..agreed...it's the dealership service department that I have a problem with at this point. I'm still moving up the chain of command to the dealership general manager, and I'll wait to see if he can pull the fat out of the fire before I involve cadillac directly. Russ darrow Cadillac is a new Cadillac dealer...they are a huge chain of dealerships with other brands, but this is their first Cadillac store. This particular store was a Chryler Dealership 8 months ago...Russ darrow swapped their Chrysler Franchise at this location , for the cadillac Franchise of a dealer down the street. That dealer had an existing dodge franchise that they wished to combine into a Chysler/Dodge store. My guess is that I'm getting Chrysler level service on my Cadillac.

strindl
05-20-04, 10:42 AM
Well...the general manager of the dealership who was going to look into the problem and call me back on wednesday , never called. It's thursday . I just got off the phone with Cadilllac customer service, and the friendly woman there said she would get the problem fixed. She will be calling me back tomorrow morning and telling me how to proceed.

I've been a loyal GM buyer for the last 12 years, buying two Corvettes, Two Astro Vans, and Two Silverados. I've always been pleased with the service from my Chevy dealers, I guess I just expected a Cadillac dealer would be at least as good.