: The Bluetooth Answer!

TMW597
02-23-08, 10:24 PM
SCOSCHE INTRODUCES BLUEFUSION
Next Generation of OEM Interfaces Enables Bluetooth Hands-Free Streaming Audio
01/08/2008

This is supposed to be out sometime in the next couple of weeks, I've been hearing March. It looks like it's pretty much plug n' play through the XM with a T-harness.

Here's a link to the video of it in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a0KWL-3O14

OXNARD, Calif., (January 2008) - Scosche Industries, an innovator of mobile electronic products and accessories for the aftermarket, announces its new BlueFusion OEM (original equipment manufacturer) integration interfaces. The next generation of OEM interfaces, Scosche's BlueFusion enables Bluetooth hands-free and streaming audio directly on a factory radio.

"Scosche is proud to bring the future of OEM integration to fruition with our BlueFusion interfaces," said Kas Alves, vice president, sales and marketing, Scosche Industries. "Along with our stereo replacement and iPod interfaces, Scosche's research and design team has developed a new standard of interfaces with BlueFusion. Offering consumers the hands-free and wireless capabilities they desire, BlueFusion will lead the market with innovative features."

An innovator of automotive aftermarket Bluetooth accessories, Scosche introduced Bluetooth to the aftermarket community with its BlueLife line of products. Specifically designed for name branded aftermarket head units, Scosche revolutionized the industry with its Bluetooth products. Scosche is also an industry leader of OEM integration interfaces. Combining Scosche's successful Bluetooth and OEM integration technologies, it developed BlueFusion to flawlessly add Bluetooth capabilities to a factory head unit while maintaining factory features.

BlueFusion is designed to interface Bluetooth hands-free and streaming audio (A2DP) to a consumer's factory radio. Seamlessly integrating into the factory stereo, Scosche's BlueFusion offers advanced capabilities such as caller ID displayed on a factory screen with easy "answer" and "end call" buttons located on the steering wheel controls or assigned buttons at a factory radio. Whether listening to a CD or just tuned into a radio station, Scosche's smart interface will switch itself to the correct source to view the caller ID. The interface menu enables users to check missed calls, dialed calls, and with select phones have full access to the phone book.

Users can listen to phone conversation through the vehicle's speakers with crystal clear sound. Scosche's built-in DSP chip ensures no background noise or echoes are heard during a conversation.

Additional BlueFusion features include:
• Caller ID on Headunit Display
• BlueTooth 2.0+EDR
• Hands-Free, A2DP
• DSP Echo & Noise Cancellation
• Phone Book Sync if phone has capability
• Phone Directory Scroll Look-up
• Audio Signal Plays thru OEM Audio System
• Audio Interrupt/Source Redirect
• Volume Up/Down - Cellphone and Streaming Audio
• Adjustable Cellphone Ringer Volume
• Phone Answer/Aang up
• Track Forward/Back
• Play/Pause
• Mute Microphone
• Hands-free Microphone

Scosche's BlueFusion is easily installed and can be done with a simple plug-and-play harness. Simply route the microphone where desired and use Scosche's installation instructions to connect the interface. Connect an iPod or MP3 player to Scosche BlueLife transmitter and users can stream audio directly to a factory radio connected to BlueFusion.

Initially, Scosche will offer BlueFusion interfaces for GM, Toyota and Honda vehicles and will expand its offering by the end of 2008. BlueFusion will be available at specialty retailers across the country.

hcvone
02-25-08, 10:43 AM
That's good news, I think I will replace at least one of my 07's with an 09', they are suppose to have bluetooth. Thanks for the info

roccos_van
02-25-08, 01:00 PM
Well, well, well...

All i can say is it's a good thing that scosche is around; that way i can finally finish giving COASTALETECH the "1 finger salute"

Video in motion? Nav-tv is what i use. What about ipod integration? Hey the scosche unit works really well - i have one installed right now. And now, finally, bluetooth! While not perfect; it's seems to be integrated much better than the way the coastaletech piece works.

This is by far the best bluetooth solution i've seen bar none. I'm going to be an early adoptor of this piece for sure.

Can't wait for further info; keep us posted TMW597!!!

roccos_van
02-26-08, 02:57 PM
I'm suprised at the slow response to this thread. I really like this solution; it's much, much more seamless than other so called solutions out there.

I've called my local scosche dealer and he's in turn been in touch with the local scosche distributor and i'm hearing a couple of weeks possibly next week for availability; no pricing yet, however.

TMW597
02-26-08, 03:08 PM
I'm surprised as well. I'm glad someone said that. I thought I was crazy. It seems like people would be all over this solution. Thanks roccos_van.

roccos_van
02-26-08, 03:36 PM
Well you and I can keep this thread moving. Let's post any updates we get on the availability and also on how its working out once installed.

TMW597
02-26-08, 11:55 PM
I plan on getting it the day it's available. I can't wait to install it and use it. It's been over a year I've been wanting something like this.

yourgmsolutions
02-29-08, 03:58 PM
I don't want to rain on any parade, but month and half ago I spoke with tech guy from Scosche. And his answers did not really inspired me.
I really hope I am so wrong about that product, sounds like a great idea, hoverer
1. This unit has to be connected through your XM tuner, so people with iPod kits installed, will have to say good bye to that. plus having your bluetooth manipulating with XM is asking for more problems as it is. so for those who still wants it, I would suggest to start reading topics about iPod integration...
2. when I asked him about phones compatibility, he could not give me a clear answer, meaning with most newest phones, you'll not be able to download your phone book into that bluetooth.
3. when I asked him if they physically tested on Escalades, he said yes, then I asked for how long they drove it with this kit installed, he could not answered that question. meaning, they just bench tested that unit
4. then I made him an offer. I said that I'm currently driving 08 Escalade as a demo, and willing to buy their kit and test it in the real world, he refused my offer.

roccos_van
02-29-08, 04:46 PM
Hi Mark,

Well I don't want to seem rude but your reply does not seem to scare me one bit. I have some responses and questions for you:

1. Since the unit is connected through the XM tuner, yes, you will lose the ipod adapter capability, however, i believe this should be a personal choice; beggers can't be choosers so it is up to the individual what they value more; ipod or bluetooth. Now as far as the "I would suggest to start reading about iPod integration" comment, that is where my question comes in; can you show me where there have been complaints about the scosche unit? I know that the coastaletech piece has many, many issues but what about the scosche unit? I would really like some further info from you on this as your warning is quite vague.

2. The unit has bluetooth 2.0+. In 2004, Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) was introduced with a different encoding scheme that increased the data rate to 3 Mbps. Now, i would think that most modern phones should work as this is the latest encoding. Can you be more specific about the newest phones not pairing their phonebooks? How can you be sure that new phones won't work? What do you have to base this on? I hope it's not based on a lowly tech rep telling you two months before the release date that they didn't know, so that means it won't work...

3. So let me understand, you are assuming that the unit was bench tested because some tech rep on the phone said he didn't know how long the unit was tested in the escalade? This is reaching a bit.

4. Your last point is a bit confusing, you offered to 'buy' the kit and they refused? What has this got to do with your warning about this product?

I'm not trying to be mean or whatever, but I don't understand this love affair with Coastaletech, they have shown in the past how they treat their customers, plus, their bluetooth kit STILL REQUIRES AN AFTERMARKET BLUETOOTH KIT TO WORK! So after spending $200 or whatever, i have to spend another $400 on an aftermarket kit!

I look forward to your response.

yourgmsolutions
02-29-08, 07:23 PM
Hi Mark,

Well I don't want to seem rude but your reply does not seem to scare me one bit. I have some responses and questions for you:

1. Since the unit is connected through the XM tuner, yes, you will lose the ipod adapter capability, however, i believe this should be a personal choice; beggers can't be choosers so it is up to the individual what they value more; ipod or bluetooth. Now as far as the "I would suggest to start reading about iPod integration" comment, that is where my question comes in; can you show me where there have been complaints about the scosche unit? I know that the coastaletech piece has many, many issues but what about the scosche unit? I would really like some further info from you on this as your warning is quite vague.

2. The unit has bluetooth 2.0+. In 2004, Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) was introduced with a different encoding scheme that increased the data rate to 3 Mbps. Now, i would think that most modern phones should work as this is the latest encoding. Can you be more specific about the newest phones not pairing their phonebooks? How can you be sure that new phones won't work? What do you have to base this on? I hope it's not based on a lowly tech rep telling you two months before the release date that they didn't know, so that means it won't work...

3. So let me understand, you are assuming that the unit was bench tested because some tech rep on the phone said he didn't know how long the unit was tested in the escalade? This is reaching a bit.

4. Your last point is a bit confusing, you offered to 'buy' the kit and they refused? What has this got to do with your warning about this product?

I'm not trying to be mean or whatever, but I don't understand this love affair with Coastaletech, they have shown in the past how they treat their customers, plus, their bluetooth kit STILL REQUIRES AN AFTERMARKET BLUETOOTH KIT TO WORK! So after spending $200 or whatever, i have to spend another $400 on an aftermarket kit!

I look forward to your response.

very reasonable questions

1. yes you right, not many complaints about scosche iPod kits on this forum, but let me ask you this, how many people on this forum bought scosche kit? so far I've seen only one or two. yes coastal piece have a few issues, but its more advanced, and if coastal made a more detailed manual,consumers would have 80% less problems with those units.
I wasn't trying to say not to buy scosche product, I was actually very excited my self when I've heard about this unit. I called them right away, but was very disappointed with their response.
About YouTube video that they have. Again, they have Tahoe radio as a demo. Now,Escalade Radio is made by different manufacturer. Coastal made same mistake, that's why in the beginning of the LockPick generation, those units worked a lot better in Yukon's and Tahoe's, and had tons of problems in Escalades.
Coastal and Nav TV were first companies who made those lockpicks. Of course first release comes with problems, plus GM changing their software after first generation was made was not a big help. scosche does not have this kind of experience and knowledge to do this kind of project, but they jumped in the wagon. So what we have now, they introduced this product in January, then they said they will start shipping end of February, now they saying end of may. and who knows what will happen in may.Again, I am not trying to say they bad, those are just my thoughts.
about your question #2
1. companies like Raytel, Parrot, Bluetouch, Motorolla, Nokia, with multi million dollar recourses can't even make phone book support on newest model phones. they always behind. and Scosche all of the sudden can?
2. when I was on the phone with scosche, they told me their kit will not support many phones phonebooks, my main concern was blackberry and trios. support models that he gave me, were like 2-3 generations ago. and forget about iPhone.
3. I preload 100 + bluetooth kits a month at the dealerships, that how I know about phone book issue. plus you can go to parrot or raytell web site, and they have charts there.

your questions #3 and #4

during our conversation
Q. did you guys tested this unit in Escalade?
A. Yes we did.
Q. How did you guys do the test
A. Who are you ?
Q. I want to become your dealer and want to know more detail about your product
A. we installed it and it worked fine.
Q. what year was that Escalade?
A. they all the same
Q. no they not, anyway for how long you guys drove that Escalade with that Unit installed?
A. well, we drove around
Q. around the block or for at least a month? BTW did you guys took that escalade to the dealer and check for possible codes ?
A. what do you want ?
Q. I want to buy this unit and tested my self, I'm currently driving 08 demo escalade and want to do more tests, because I like this product, and I think it's great idea, accept hooking it up through XM tuner, but anyway, I want one.
A. we can't do it because we have only one or two of those units

and I swear to god, that was word to word part of that conversation

TMW597
03-02-08, 11:57 PM
I don't want to rain on any parade, but month and half ago I spoke with tech guy from Scosche. And his answers did not really inspired me.
I really hope I am so wrong about that product, sounds like a great idea, hoverer
1. This unit has to be connected through your XM tuner, so people with iPod kits installed, will have to say good bye to that. plus having your bluetooth manipulating with XM is asking for more problems as it is. so for those who still wants it, I would suggest to start reading topics about iPod integration...
2. when I asked him about phones compatibility, he could not give me a clear answer, meaning with most newest phones, you'll not be able to download your phone book into that bluetooth.
3. when I asked him if they physically tested on Escalades, he said yes, then I asked for how long they drove it with this kit installed, he could not answered that question. meaning, they just bench tested that unit
4. then I made him an offer. I said that I'm currently driving 08 Escalade as a demo, and willing to buy their kit and test it in the real world, he refused my offer.

I don't understand why people with iPod kits installed would suffer. If the product does what it claims it does, then there would just be a pass-through T-harness. In theory that means if you're listening to XM it should be as if you don't even have the iPod adapter installed. Could there be a problem with the Bluetooth module and XM playing well together? There could be, but let's wait and see until the unit is available before we make that assumption. I understand where you're coming from though.

As far as compatibility with all of the different phones out there, who doesn't have a phone that is BlueTooth 2.0+EDR by now? Unless you're using the very first Bluetooth phone, it's pretty safe to say that it's going to be compatible with 99% of the Bluetooth phones out there. (And of course there will be some problems with some phones, but that even happens with devices made by Garmin, Sony, etc.)

Chances are though that they are further away with this unit then they'd like to be hence not offering up a unit to you, even though you were willing to pay. After all it is their prerogative to deny you though, especially if it's at a point where they have many bugs to work out. I'm sure they don't want a half-ass unit out on the streets for someone to rip on, on all of the forums.

I do agree with you though in not getting the hopes up too soon. After all I attended CES in 2007 and saw all of the great devices from Scosche and their competitors, and those items still aren't for sale over a year later. American International claimed at the time they'd have the iPod interface that would allow you access to your entire iPod, Coastaletech ended up beating everyone to the punch.

Stay positive on this one though!!! Only time will tell.

yourgmsolutions
03-03-08, 12:56 AM
Coastaletech ended up beating everyone to the punch.

Only time will tell.

I agree with you 100 %

TMW597
03-03-08, 01:04 AM
Yeah, it's extremely unfortunate too that Coastaletech won't hire a minimum wage worker or an intern for that matter to communicate with their customers via email and the phone. They beat everyone to the punch with the technology but lack in the customer service department BIG-TIME!

Scosche seems to be on point, and takes steps for good customer service.

I'm just hoping the product is all that it should be. Can't wait!!!!

BTW, I work for NBC Universal Media and I too asked if they would advance me a unit (paid for of course) to test, and eventually move over to a fleet of GM company vehicles since the handsfree law kicks in, in a few months. I got no response.

yourgmsolutions
03-03-08, 09:30 AM
my sources told me, that coastal is working on similar project as scosche blue fusion, but they went in a different direction with that, a lot more advanced. and they may release it in april. I hope they will be nice to me and give me a unit to try it out
"Only time will tell"

roccos_van
03-03-08, 05:44 PM
I wanted to chime in on some of the heresay going on in this thread.

Somehow this has turned into a coastaletech love fest once again. Well i won't stand for it; i'm going to buy this schosche unit when it comes out and i'm going to review it honestly; give my friends here an honest opinion about the pros and cons of this scosche piece.

The irony of all this is just freaking hillarious. A scosche unit is crap, even though we have not even tried it; but it's at least in a video, but the coasteletech piece will be "A LOT MORE ADVANCED" and this is the first i've ever heard about it. So it's obvious that it will work sooo much better, right? Because of "your sources" saying so?

Hmmmm....let's discuss this secret weapon from Coastaletech that your sources tell you will be much more advanced. What makes this upcomming piece so worthy of praise? Have they tested it in an Escalade? If yes for how long? If i call them and ask them to sell me one for "testing purposes" and they say no; should i post on here and warn everyone? Also, if I call them and they can't tell me what phones are compatable, can i automatically assume that they will have problems pairing the newest phones?

Well that's my .02 - i'm going to try and settle down now and not respond to anymore rhetoric about coastaletech because i just get so freaking mad everytime. When this unit (scosche) is available, i'm going to unprofessionally test it myself.

Peace.

hcvone
03-03-08, 05:44 PM
I don't love coastal. ;)

roccos_van
03-03-08, 05:50 PM
Thanks for making me laugh...i needed that.

yourgmsolutions
03-07-08, 02:07 PM
I don't want to jump ahead of my self, but. I ordered one of the Parrot Unit, that've been used in Europe on Chevy's. it works through steering wheel control, and such (never seen it, so don't know much about it). when I told them I want to try make it work on Escalades, they told me that I am crazy, but they wished me a good luck.
I also ordered Bluetouch kit, and going to integrate it in Escalade as well. from what they said. It will do Phone/iPhone/iPod
http://www.bluetouch.de/HTMLengl/ystart.html
http://www.bluetouch.de/HTMLengl/yleistungsmerkmale.html
http://www.bluetouch.de/BTtest/demoframeGB.html
I would like to hear any ideas, or suggestions

roccos_van
03-10-08, 01:41 PM
Let's get this thread back on topic. I'm not going to respond to anymore scosche bashing btw. TMW have you heard anything on your end as per a release date yet? I've put a call into my local distributor with not much success.

heymoveover
03-10-08, 06:55 PM
[quote=yourgmsolutions;1425871]very reasonable questions

1. yes you right, not many complaints about scosche iPod kits on this forum, but let me ask you this, how many people on this forum bought scosche kit?

GMsolutions: I bought a Scosche unit after having countless of bullcrap problems from that Coastaltech POS. The wiring harness kept falling apart and after countless emails and phone calls to their "tech support"; I got ZERO replies. So I would rather deal with a company that actually answers the phone and STANDS BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS.

I have not had one problem with the Scoshe unit and highly, highly recommend it to all other Escalade owners. I am excited about the Bluetooth solution from Scoshe!

As for the Coastaltech unit, I now use it as a $135 door wedge. Fricken waste of money :mad:

roccos_van
03-10-08, 07:18 PM
BTW; I HAVE ONE TOO! (scosche ipod kit) and it works great...thanks for the info heymoveover; Have you heard anything about a release date for this yet?

TMW597
03-10-08, 07:40 PM
my sources told me, that coastal is working on similar project as scosche blue fusion, but they went in a different direction with that, a lot more advanced. and they may release it in april. I hope they will be nice to me and give me a unit to try it out
"Only time will tell"

So that means they actually "talk" to you!!! Ha, ha.

Cool stuff. They do come out with great products.

TMW597
03-10-08, 07:54 PM
Let's get this thread back on topic. I'm not going to respond to anymore scosche bashing btw. TMW have you heard anything on your end as per a release date yet? I've put a call into my local distributor with not much success.

By the way I feel that we have not strayed away from the topic as we're still on it. There's no love or hate for Costaletech, they're just getting mentioned because it's pertinent information. There's also no bashing of Scosche, we're just hypothesizing based on past experiences, that's all.

I have not heard back from my guy that is a Scosche dealer, but I did read this on another forum.

Quote: "I called Scosche today and got a few more answers, some of which were a bit of a let down. Here's an update:

1. Release date has now pushed out to the end of May/beginning of June.

2. Voice activated dialing? As of right now it is not incorporated into the BlueFusion unit, however it seemed like this was something they were working towards making happen. I stressed to the guy I talked to that the BlueFusion unit would be much more inticing to consumers if it had this feature. Hopefully they will listen to what us (the consumers) have to say, because what's the point of a hands free kit if you have to scroll through contacts to make a phone call, right?

3. I did get verification that the BlueFusion kit will work with non-Nav head units for 2007+ Tahoes/Yukons. This was a plus!!

4. Compatibility with existing iPod integration (i.e. iPod LockPick)? They didn't seem to have a good answer for this one other than there may be significant problems for two units (BlueFusion & iPod interface kit) to trying to co-exist on through the same platform. This didn't seem to promising. I wouldn't count on an iPod Lockpick working with the BlueFusion kit at the same time.

I hope this update helps. I will be patiently waiting for the release of BlueFusion and more accurate answers to these questions when they get all the bugs worked out. Hopefully this or a similar product will be released soon so we can start enjoying our wireless technology to the fullest. Please let me know if you see or hear of any other products coming out soon. Thanks."

yourgmsolutions
03-10-08, 09:30 PM
So that means they actually "talk" to you!!! Ha, ha.

Cool stuff. They do come out with great products.

:)
I know somebody who works there. I call him sometimes on his cell, just to bs/gossip/exchange some information and just about it.

heymoveover
03-11-08, 02:10 AM
:)
I know somebody who works there. I call him sometimes on his cell, just to bs/gossip/exchange some information and just about it.

Just a suggestion:
Why don't you tell him about the problems that we are having with their products and their poor customer service?

yourgmsolutions
03-11-08, 03:34 AM
Just a suggestion:
Why don't you tell him about the problems that we are having with their products and their poor customer service?

Believe me, they know.
But me personally, I don't tell people how to run their business, how to do their job, or what to do with their vehicles.
But I am with you on what you said. I understand your pain and frustration, I am in the same shoe sometimes too, with my vendors.

TMW597
03-11-08, 11:00 AM
Now we're getting close to swaying off of the subject.

heymoveover
03-11-08, 01:30 PM
Now we're getting close to swaying off of the subject.

Sorry. I like Bluetooth. Discuss!

roccos_van
03-11-08, 03:20 PM
This thread has been off-topic for two pages now. I want to know 3 things:

How much, when i can i get one, where can i get one.

Discuss.

yourgmsolutions
03-11-08, 08:16 PM
This thread has been off-topic for two pages now. I want to know 3 things:

How much, when i can i get one, where can i get one.

Discuss.

I signed up with Scosche just for a hell of it. (you never know)
when those kits become available, $300 or little bit less shipped.
Installation should be very easy, since the whole thing is being connected trough XM tuner.
I was thinking, even that kit does not have a voice command feature, it's ok, because you can still use your phone voice command function since its a bluetooth device. And on many new phones they are not that bad

roccos_van
03-12-08, 02:01 PM
I signed up with Scosche just for a hell of it. (you never know)
when those kits become available, $300 or little bit less shipped.
Installation should be very easy, since the whole thing is being connected trough XM tuner.
I was thinking, even that kit does not have a voice command feature, it's ok, because you can still use your phone voice command function since its a bluetooth device. And on many new phones they are not that bad

Very happy to hear that you've signed on with Scosche. That's a very good move in my opinion. Now you can have some variety in what you offer; which is always good.

Well i'd like to be your first customer, so let us know anything you can on a release date!

As for voice command, my crackberry has voice command so it's a matter of activating it through the bluetooth kit; if at all possible. My $30 JABRA bluetooth headset will activate voice dial by pushing the pick up/hang up button for two seconds; so here's hoping this kit will be able to do something similar.

GOOD TO HEAR MARK!!!!

roccos_van
03-25-08, 05:42 PM
Scosche has updated thier webesite:

http://www.scosche.com/bluefusion

July 2008 release date.

TMW597
03-25-08, 06:17 PM
It's a good thing, because they're going to be able to hopefully market their product in their home state of California, as the hands-free law goes into effect July 1st.

hed12@msn.com
04-04-08, 12:09 AM
WOW, I just read this entire thread. I just bought my 1st Cadi ESV (07) and I just dont understand why US automakers are taking so long to get caught up.. My wife has a 05 AUDI A6. She can use her bluetooth phone just fine and its hands free.. Why is this such an issue with Cadi to get this.. In bed with onstar.. thats the real issue...

yourgmsolutions
04-04-08, 12:40 AM
WOW, I just read this entire thread. I just bought my 1st Cadi ESV (07) and I just dont understand why US automakers are taking so long to get caught up.. My wife has a 05 AUDI A6. She can use her bluetooth phone just fine and its hands free.. Why is this such an issue with Cadi to get this.. In bed with onstar.. thats the real issue...

I've seen many new mercedeses/porshes/bmw/audi without bluetooth
and then I've seen $15K vehicles with BT from factory.

yourgmsolutions
04-04-08, 12:44 AM
It's a good thing, because they're going to be able to hopefully market their product in their home state of California, as the hands-free law goes into effect July 1st.

I hope this time, they will put their act together
2 or 3 years ago they have tried to enter BT market, but it was a big fiasco for them

roccos_van
04-04-08, 01:59 PM
I'm betting on them (scosche) comming through. I'm happy with the scosche ipod unit i have; it's worked flawlessly so far. At least if there is a problem they will answer the phone! Unlike another certain company we know...

hed12@msn.com
04-09-08, 11:35 PM
just read that 09's will have BT .. wonder if we will be able to upgrade our nav units in the 07s and 08s.. sounds like its going to be a onstar 8.0 upgrade so we can only hope !

simplemind
04-10-08, 11:17 AM
just read that 09's will have BT .. wonder if we will be able to upgrade our nav units in the 07s and 08s.. sounds like its going to be a onstar 8.0 upgrade so we can only hope !

What! And lose the incentive to buy an '09? :tisk: Don't think GM is that philanthropic!

nicolaasdb
04-12-08, 03:25 AM
just heard it is not upgradable. it is a new oncrap module and VIN appointed....so finally oncrap is going to be useful even when you don't leave you gascap off (commercial) or when you try to avoid a deer (who cares..I like venison, so would hit the deer) or are to retarded to use your navigation system.....getting in your car and when receiving a call over the car speakers is the best and safest way to have a phone conversation...my BMW X5 had it and I loved it!

scottlma
04-12-08, 10:43 AM
Even though the modules are coordinated with the VINs, there must be a programming capability - what happens if the module breaks in an '09 - is the owner is out of luck and can't get a replacement (to in theory be encoded with his VIN as part of the install) ???

roccos_van
04-13-08, 03:56 AM
just heard it is not upgradable. it is a new oncrap module and VIN appointed....so finally oncrap is going to be useful even when you don't leave you gascap off (commercial) or when you try to avoid a deer (who cares..I like venison, so would hit the deer) or are to retarded to use your navigation system.....getting in your car and when receiving a call over the car speakers is the best and safest way to have a phone conversation...my BMW X5 had it and I loved it!

Good post! :thumbsup:

So true on so many levels...

roccos_van
06-24-08, 02:03 PM
Comming up on July 1st. Anyone have any news to report? I've put a call into my local distributor.

TMW597
06-24-08, 02:18 PM
Are we talking about the module from Delphi? I don't believe that one has to do with the other. Now it might be in conjunction with the OnStar module, but I don't believe it is one combined unit. That being the case we should still be able to use this Delphi Bluetooth module. The problem is just going to be obtaining them, because who is going to want to take that out of their SUV, unless they go with an aftermarket. Even then most shops will just leave them in, unless they're smart and see that there is an afterlife for them via Ebay, just like the navigation head unit itself.

roccos_van
06-24-08, 04:39 PM
Hey TMW; no i was referring to the scosche unit. I'm going to buy one and use it until we can figure out a way to retro the '09 factory unit.

You make a great point about availability, it took over a year before the price of the factory nav unit started to come down as they became more readily available.

Supply and demand; simple as that.

Marco.

TMW597
06-28-08, 07:56 PM
Yeah, I took delivery of my 07' in October of 06' and bought the Navi on ebay in January of 07' for about $1000. It's all going to work out. I just want NavTraffic in my factory Navi, and factor BT.

As soon as the Scosche unit drops I'll more than likely pick one up.

TedG
06-30-08, 06:44 PM
I am reading where it (schoshe) manipulates the XM??? Wouldn't it (or shouldn't it) manipulate the On Star inputs? From what I saw in the video it looks like a decent solution. I just got my EXT Saturday and I was very disappointed that it didn't have bluetooth from the factory.

TMW597
07-01-08, 02:05 PM
Hey TMW; no i was referring to the scosche unit. I'm going to buy one and use it until we can figure out a way to retro the '09 factory unit.

You make a great point about availability, it took over a year before the price of the factory nav unit started to come down as they became more readily available.

Supply and demand; simple as that.

Marco.

I may do the same depending on the pricing of the unit. There's also the question of whether or not it's going to "play" nicely with the iPod LockPick by Coastaletech since the XM module is the liaison to both.

TMW597
07-01-08, 02:12 PM
I am reading where it (schoshe) manipulates the XM??? Wouldn't it (or shouldn't it) manipulate the On Star inputs? From what I saw in the video it looks like a decent solution. I just got my EXT Saturday and I was very disappointed that it didn't have bluetooth from the factory.

OnStar for all intents and purposes is a cellular telephone. It merely uses the Delphi headunit as a remote panel for lack of a better example. So it would be like a manufacture reverse engineering a cell phone for this application, which has much more (not much though ha, ha) security with ESN, and blah, blah, blah.

The reason it's done through the XM module is because it's connected to the vehicles LAN, and open for sending commands to the headunit through the LAN.

Just want to explain that OnStar doesn't really fit in the equation. Hope that makes sense.

eshamp
07-03-08, 04:26 AM
Just bought my '08 Escalade on Sunday and the dealer actually offered a Bluetooth option for $595, which I talked them down to $495, however:

1. It didn't interface with the headunit at all, it was completely seperate
2. Looked similar to the Motorola one with the 4 buttons
3. Would only be able to be installed into the headliner directly above the driver's head due to its thickness

With all that being said, this car was for my wife, so I just went for it; knowing the new law here in California goes into effect on July 1st.

When they went to install it into the car, they came back and said they only had the grey color which won't even match the interior. So they said they would order it and install in a few days.

They called and told me that they are very sorry but this thing they offer doesn't even come ibn black, that I am out of luck.

I have read the posts and need some advice because I would like the following functionality:

1. Bluetooth
2. Input into Nav on the go
3. Movies up front

I have done mods on all of my cars so while I may not be mechanically inclined I am really good at following directions.

What's the best way?

TMW597
07-03-08, 04:19 PM
I can only speak for the Bluetooth portion. It's good that they didn't have that unit in black, as well as a sign. Be patient and wait for the better products on the horizon that will give you what you want like Bluetooth that works through the headunit.

roccos_van
07-03-08, 05:31 PM
I dont think that the scosche unit will work in unison with the ipod unit as they both are "T" 'd into the XM the same way...

TMW597
07-10-08, 12:22 AM
I just checked the Scosche site and it now says September of 2008. So is Coastal going to beat them to the punch? Will we find an employee of Delphi on this forum that can get us the real OEM deal? Stay tuned. I'm tired of a frickin' ear piece.

scroitoru
07-10-08, 10:41 AM
^ ditto :bigroll:

roccos_van
08-27-08, 04:51 PM
Only a few days until September; i wonder how far back they will push it this time? I have very little faith that this product is ready to be launched. Put a call into my dealer he's going to try and find out if anything is happening, but i really don't have my hopes up.

yourgmsolutions
08-29-08, 02:03 PM
Only a few days until September; i wonder how far back they will push it this time? I have very little faith that this product is ready to be launched. Put a call into my dealer he's going to try and find out if anything is happening, but i really don't have my hopes up.

according to the rumors, they already shipped first batch. but everyone else told me, they hope by end of september ---> maybe. or they may just hold on till CES in january ---> most likely.

roccos_van
08-29-08, 05:32 PM
according to the rumors, they already shipped first batch. but everyone else told me, they hope by end of september ---> maybe. or they may just hold on till CES in january ---> most likely.

That's what i would think as well. Thanks Mark. I think you need to get one and test it.

DanDan
08-29-08, 06:35 PM
Here in South Florida they have been available for about two months now. I have not bought any as sales of the big trucks took a slide when gas got so expensive. I was hoping to get an Escalade to try but none of the 5 caddy dealers I do has asked for a bluetooth yet. I do have one to do next week and I will let you know what I think of it.

DanDan

yourgmsolutions
08-29-08, 06:42 PM
I think you need to get one and test it.
I wish I could put my hands on one of those.
I have 5 on order. Once I get. escalade is going to be first vehicle I will be testing ( and of course I make detailed video )

roccos_van
09-04-08, 05:32 PM
Here in South Florida they have been available for about two months now. I have not bought any as sales of the big trucks took a slide when gas got so expensive. I was hoping to get an Escalade to try but none of the 5 caddy dealers I do has asked for a bluetooth yet. I do have one to do next week and I will let you know what I think of it.

DanDan

DanDan did you get the scosche unit installed this week? Any news? I'm still waiting to here back from my distributer. The last thing they told me was 'any day now' which means they have no clue if it's comming or not.

DanDan
09-05-08, 09:05 AM
Not yet, everything is on hold right now as of today we are having terrible rain and wind from Hannah. But the big problem looks like IKE is going to hit us head on. I am in the Fort Lauderdale area and the damn thing looks like a direct hit. I bought a bunch of the BT units but right now I am waiting for the rain to quit and put up the hurricane shutters and get prepared for this monster. I will update you when the weather permits. Sorry, I cannot control mother nature. Wish us luck.

DanDan

roccos_van
09-06-08, 02:53 AM
Not yet, everything is on hold right now as of today we are having terrible rain and wind from Hannah. But the big problem looks like IKE is going to hit us head on. I am in the Fort Lauderdale area and the damn thing looks like a direct hit. I bought a bunch of the BT units but right now I am waiting for the rain to quit and put up the hurricane shutters and get prepared for this monster. I will update you when the weather permits. Sorry, I cannot control mother nature. Wish us luck.

DanDan

Thoughts and prayers DanDan.

roccos_van
09-06-08, 03:00 AM
I got this from my distributor (Staub) in an email:

"Scosche is hoping to have the Blue Fusion for GM vehicles ready for late October/early November. So the safe bet is 60 to 90 days."

Well, well, well, i guess i should have expected that. The d-bags have no clue what they are doing (scosche), they must think i'm stupid or something because the release date has been pushed back in 2 - 3 month intervals several times since January, and they actually think i will believe them this time. This is becoming laughable. I have no idea how DanDan has these units in his hands? DanDan are we talking about the same product here? www.scosche.com/bluefusion

caribbean20
09-08-08, 06:54 PM
Bought the '08 Platinum on 7/31. Wife's car, we just need to be able to answer incoming hand-held cell phone calls by pushing a button and have the sound and microphone synch through the factory on-star system, and have the synch automatic (i.e., pair the phone and when in car and incoming call occurs, radio, fan mutes, sound through the speakers and a microphone, ideally the already installed on-star microphone). Do not care about outgoing calls or contact list, for that the on-star hands free option works just fine (albeit higher expense, but I knew that when I opted for the '08, thus enjoying the cheaper price with incentives, versus waiting for '09). Understand there is a dealer option available for $600. I have searched the threads and see several options, but am looking for any directly comparable experience (i.e., dealer install in an '08). Questions:

1) What is the "word on the street" for an '09 factory retrofit to '08 to get full functionality (i.e., synch with the nav screen)? Is there new hardware in the '09s, therefore making a retrofit not possible?
2) Assuming no to retrofit, does anyone have experience with the dealer installed option? As explained to me by the service guy at Penske, he can install Btooth which entails a button installed in the cigarette lighter hole where you just push this botton for incoming calls and the system works just like on-star calling for sound, muting and microphone. Did not ask him if there is automatic pairing as soon as you get in vehicle, does this work on the dealer installed deal. Has anyone done this, are you satisfied?

Kind Regards,

Doug

randyb777
09-18-08, 04:53 PM
Found the following web page it seems that these guys sell the scosche blue fusion and acc to their web page it is on stock...

http://www.ltmelectronics.com/audio-video/bluetooth/bfgm.html

yourgmsolutions
09-19-08, 02:15 PM
Found the following web page it seems that these guys sell the scosche blue fusion and acc to their web page it is on stock...

http://www.ltmelectronics.com/audio-video/bluetooth/bfgm.html

I called them up and they said they don't have them in stock. they should have them on Monday (may be).
One of my other supplier said, they expecting them on Monday as well.
$299+ shipping, if somebody is interesting

HLU2008
09-19-08, 05:12 PM
I spoke to Scosche the other day and was told the Bluefusion for GM will be out end of September. Price will be $399 plus $29 for the harness. Should be a good solution.

medlines
09-20-08, 04:59 PM
I found this on youtube, presentation of the BlueFusion.

YouTube - CES 2008: iPod, Bluetooth, Interfaces from Scosche

and this

YouTube - Hands-Free with Scosche Bluetooth

roccos_van
09-23-08, 02:24 PM
OK this is really starting to piss me off. Does anyone have one in thier hands?

DanDan said he had a 'bunch' but we havent heard from him, this web company has them listed for sale, Mark phoned and they don't have any in stock, then HLU was told end of the month, I was told another two months. WTF is going on here?

yourgmsolutions
09-24-08, 09:59 AM
OK this is really starting to piss me off. Does anyone have one in thier hands?

DanDan said he had a 'bunch' but we havent heard from him, this web company has them listed for sale, Mark phoned and they don't have any in stock, then HLU was told end of the month, I was told another two months. WTF is going on here?

I kind of have them on my hands, just need to go and pick them up. my supplier told me they arrived on Tuesday, but I was busy. so I am going to pick them up today

roccos_van
09-24-08, 02:28 PM
I kind of have them on my hands, just need to go and pick them up. my supplier told me they arrived on Tuesday, but I was busy. so I am going to pick them up today

Post pics of it asap please! Then a video as well!

yourgmsolutions
09-25-08, 12:18 AM
Post pics of it asap please! Then a video as well!

this weekend I am going to have rental Escalade, so I can test it, take some pics and video

roccos_van
09-29-08, 05:25 PM
Hey Mark,

Do you have any news on the video and or pics? Or if not, were you able to test it yet?

MB

yourgmsolutions
09-29-08, 07:15 PM
Hey Mark,

Do you have any news on the video and or pics? Or if not, were you able to test it yet?

MB

I have news, and it's not good. few bugs here and there, and one of those bugs is kind of critical.not be able to adjust microphone sensitivity ( on Escalades and Denali's only)
So I called their tech support and guy there did confirmed that they know about this issue.
so, on their small sheet that comes with unit, says that compatible on 07/08 Escalade, tech support guy told me, BlueFusion is not compatible with Y91 option. As far as I know, Escalades and Denali's come standard with Y91
Motherfu...rs. they never mentioned that issue before they released their product. How da F..k he is telling me that unit works and he tested on Escalade without Y91. I worked on as base as it gets Escalade, and still that vehicle had Y91.
WTF is all this bull$hit. I am so fu..ing pissed. I lost so many installs and sales because "everyone was waiting for this unit"
1.this unit also is not compatible with iPod interfaces. does not matter what brand you have.
2.to make a phone call, it's a pain in the a$$. you'll have to go through several menus to make a simple fu..ing phone call. mind as well you can do it faster out of your phone.
It gets even better. Unit comes with additional piece of paper saying "knowing issues"
a. A2DP currently does not pair unless a phone is paired (have no clue WTF does that mean)
b. Auto source switching is currently malfunctioning
I asked the guy from scosche, why would they released something that still working half a$$. His respond was, well, may be in 6 month or so we may have newer software. I asked him when new software comes out, if they fix first generation units. He said no

roccos_van
09-30-08, 12:00 AM
I have news, and it's not good. few bugs here and there, and one of those bugs is kind of critical.not be able to adjust microphone sensitivity ( on Escalades and Denali's only)
So I called their tech support and guy there did confirmed that they know about this issue.
so, on their small sheet that comes with unit, says that compatible on 07/08 Escalade, tech support guy told me, BlueFusion is not compatible with Y91 option. As far as I know, Escalades and Denali's come standard with Y91
Motherfu...rs. they never mentioned that issue before they released their product. How da F..k he is telling me that unit works and he tested on Escalade without Y91. I worked on as base as it gets Escalade, and still that vehicle had Y91.
WTF is all this bull. I am so fu..ing pissed. I lost so many installs and sales because "everyone was waiting for this unit"
1.this unit also is not compatible with iPod interfaces. does not matter what brand you have.
2.to make a phone call, it's a pain in the a$$. you'll have to go through several menus to make a simple fu..ing phone call. mind as well you can do it faster out of your phone.
It gets even better. Unit comes with additional piece of paper saying "knowing issues"
a. A2DP currently does not pair unless a phone is paired (have no clue WTF does that mean)
b. Auto source switching is currently malfunctioning
I asked the guy from scosche, why would they released something that still working half a$$. His respond was, well, may be in 6 month or so we may have newer software. I asked him when new software comes out, if they fix first generation units. He said no

Thanks Mark. I hear your frustrations but i think i will probably still buy one.

1. The BT mic's sensitivity cannot be adjusted? Well that sucks, but it's not enought to discourage me.
2. The only issue i am concerned about is the auto source switching. Could you go into depth on this?
3. I figured the menu's to make a call would suck it looked tough in the video, but something i could live with;
4. i read it has voice dialing if your cell has it voice command, did you try that? If yes, could you go into detail with it?
5. Do you have any pics or video of it working?
6. We all knew from day 1 it was using the XM tuner as a source input, it installs the same way as an ipod adapter, correct? You can't have both...sucks.

Please, pics or video at your earliest!

Thanks Mark!

yourgmsolutions
09-30-08, 01:36 PM
Roccos
I sold BF kit to one of the Escalade guy. He is aware of all glitches, but still wanted it.
Once he get it and install it, he'll give more details. because he is going to be using it every day.
but I make video for you tomorrow, and I would like to sell you one, because I am not going to needed. and because are last transaction did not go through. I want to make it up to you, by sending overnight to Canada at no extra charge

roccos_van
09-30-08, 06:53 PM
No worries bro. I'm in for one 100% I'd love to test it.

yourgmsolutions
09-30-08, 08:09 PM
just PM me your email then.

roccos_van
10-01-08, 04:07 PM
PM sent

roccos_van
10-06-08, 04:34 PM
Mark i got the kit today and did a quick test install. Well, it's OK, not great. I can't see my incoming, outgoing or missed calls because i have a blackberry pearl and the call log is a piece of crap on it so the BF can't read it. Not the BF's fault but still sucks. I can't turn up the volume on the Mic, it's stuck at 0 but everyone i've called can hear me fine. Voice Dailing works great, my BB pearl has a good quality voice dial feature. There's no phonebook, which sucks big time, the video demo it had a phone book, but not mine. Auto source switching is working fine. I end the call and it goes back to the right spot. Oh well, my thing to everyone is don't buy one, yet. Still some bugs to work out.

roccos_van
10-06-08, 08:45 PM
Mark i got the kit today and did a quick test install. Well, it's OK, not great. I can't see my incoming, outgoing or missed calls because i have a blackberry pearl and the call log is a piece of crap on it so the BF can't read it. Not the BF's fault but still sucks. I can't turn up the volume on the Mic, it's stuck at 0 but everyone i've called can hear me fine. Voice Dailing works great, my BB pearl has a good quality voice dial feature. There's no phonebook, which sucks big time, the video demo it had a phone book, but not mine. Auto source switching is working fine. I end the call and it goes back to the right spot. Oh well, my thing to everyone is don't buy one, yet. Still some bugs to work out.

OK, so now i've properly installed it and it's working a bit better. I don't know why but now i can see my outgoing, incoming and missed calls. When i start the truck there is a bit of confusion; I don't have sound from my XM for a second and then it comes on. It serves it's pupose, but i think it should have had a phonebook with it. Overall, not worth the $500 asking price online but i got a good deal from Mark so it's all good. I'm planning on making a video soon. Maybe tonight.

scoutpilot
10-06-08, 10:02 PM
How long did the install take, and is it something a novice could do? Do the steering wheel controls work?

roccos_van
10-07-08, 02:45 AM
Took about 15 mins. You drop the glove box, unplug the xm tuner, plug in the "T" harness between the xm tuner and unit. Then you take off the pillar trim, (two bolts where the HS handle is) and run the mic from behind the glove box, up through the dash, up the pillar, and then accross the top headliner to the rearview mirror, where you put the clip to hold the mic. Easy breezy. I haven't zip tied all the wires yet behind the glove box so another 20 mins or so to make it nice and clean, which i'll do on the weekend.

Then you pair you phone and you're off to the races. I will get a video soon, try to for tomorrow.

rcpd34
10-17-08, 04:12 PM
Has anyone considered a group buy for the BlueFusion?

D&SYukonDenali
10-18-08, 08:42 AM
I instlled this unit and tried the mirror location and it did not pick up sound very well. The drivers side A-pillar, according to the person on the other line I was using to test different location, appears to work better. Also tried along side the OnStar mic and that did not work out to well. However, the software portion, except the mic volume, all works fine.

I also found out that my Blackberry Curve, if placed to close to the mic (as with any other speaker), will cause interference going through the mic. I've got it completely installed and will try it out for a couple days and see how it goes; just won't be taking any work conference call on it right now.

merosenb
10-24-08, 11:35 AM
I just got my Scosche BlueFusion unit and have it fully installed in my '08 Escalade. As others have said, it installed in about 10 minutes and am using it with a Blackberry Curve. Here are my results so far:

1. The unit works well as advertised. Incoming and outgoing calls all work perfectly and I've been impressed with how fast the paired units connect. I've had no delays or glitches so far. The only issue so far has been that while I can see the incoming call phone number on the head unit display, it does not display the person's name so I get limited Caller ID but can live with it. Some people report that after a call the unit does not switch back to the original source (XM, CD, etc.) but mine has worked fine with no problems.

2. iPod Integration - Before installing this unit, I had the Scosche iPod interface installed and was skeptical about the switching to bluetooth/A2DP streaming as an alternative that would allow me to continue using my iPod as a music source. I originally tried a third-party bluetooth transmitter that I paired with the bluefusion but was not very impressed with the sound quality. Next, I purchased a Scosche bluetooth transmitter at Best Buy and have been very impressed with the quality of the music. My view is that the matched set from Scosche is the best combination and made all the difference. I now can't tell between this and the "hard-wired" connection I had previously. In addition, I like that the iPod is now wireless and either myself or someone else in the car can pick it up and select whatever music they would like. This was impossible with the previous interface. I don't get song/artist info on the head unit, but this seems to be a fair trade for the untethered access to the iPod and the clear, crisp sound.

3. Mic placement - I am following the advice of the dealer who sold me the unit to try a few different mic locations before committing to a final spot. So far it looks like either the driver's side pillar or the rear-view mirror are the best sounding locations

This is what I've experienced so far. If anyone has questions, please feel free to ask. My over-all recommendation for Escalade owners looking for a bluetooth solution is that the unit works as advertised and has been a worthwhile investment. My driving experience is definately improved.

v10boost
10-25-08, 12:43 PM
in stalled my mic next to garage door opener and lights.

i would say BF is not what is all said to be. My moto and parrott works better and sound is much cleaner. if i would do this again, I would just buy moto and plug and play wire harness.

TMW597
10-26-08, 06:29 PM
I just got my Scosche BlueFusion unit and have it fully installed in my '08 Escalade. As others have said, it installed in about 10 minutes and am using it with a Blackberry Curve. Here are my results so far:

1. The unit works well as advertised. Incoming and outgoing calls all work perfectly and I've been impressed with how fast the paired units connect. I've had no delays or glitches so far. The only issue so far has been that while I can see the incoming call phone number on the head unit display, it does not display the person's name so I get limited Caller ID but can live with it. Some people report that after a call the unit does not switch back to the original source (XM, CD, etc.) but mine has worked fine with no problems.

2. iPod Integration - Before installing this unit, I had the Scosche iPod interface installed and was skeptical about the switching to bluetooth/A2DP streaming as an alternative that would allow me to continue using my iPod as a music source. I originally tried a third-party bluetooth transmitter that I paired with the bluefusion but was not very impressed with the sound quality. Next, I purchased a Scosche bluetooth transmitter at Best Buy and have been very impressed with the quality of the music. My view is that the matched set from Scosche is the best combination and made all the difference. I now can't tell between this and the "hard-wired" connection I had previously. In addition, I like that the iPod is now wireless and either myself or someone else in the car can pick it up and select whatever music they would like. This was impossible with the previous interface. I don't get song/artist info on the head unit, but this seems to be a fair trade for the untethered access to the iPod and the clear, crisp sound.

3. Mic placement - I am following the advice of the dealer who sold me the unit to try a few different mic locations before committing to a final spot. So far it looks like either the driver's side pillar or the rear-view mirror are the best sounding locations

This is what I've experienced so far. If anyone has questions, please feel free to ask. My over-all recommendation for Escalade owners looking for a bluetooth solution is that the unit works as advertised and has been a worthwhile investment. My driving experience is definately improved.

Since your post, any luck with getting the full caller ID up and running? I have a very similar set up to you, and was wondering if I should sacrifice my iPod on-screen functions in order to use the BF and iPod together. I too have a BB Curve, soon to be BB Bold. I'll keep checking in with you.

merosenb
10-27-08, 02:21 PM
Since your post, any luck with getting the full caller ID up and running? I have a very similar set up to you, and was wondering if I should sacrifice my iPod on-screen functions in order to use the BF and iPod together. I too have a BB Curve, soon to be BB Bold. I'll keep checking in with you.
I don't believe there are any functionals available to edit/change the Caller ID function...it is what it is. However, I have no trouble seeing the incoming or outgoing number displayed when I make or recieve a call. As far as the iPod goes, I was also very skeptical but the A2DP connection really works and sounds great. The only drawback is that it doesn't charge the unit, but if you buy the Scosche bluetooth transmitter, it comes with a charging cable that can be used in the car that powers the unit and charges both.

merosenb
10-31-08, 11:03 AM
I took a look at the eBay post and it looks like this is a reasonable price and includes all the things you need to get the BlueFusion system working. Installation takes about 10 mins. Let me know if you have any questions or need assistance.

zoek
11-01-08, 09:47 PM
I took a look at the eBay post and it looks like this is a reasonable price and includes all the things you need to get the BlueFusion system working. Installation takes about 10 mins. Let me know if you have any questions or need assistance.

Thanks, merosenb.

I just have one question. I'm new to whole GM and Escalade scene, and I do my own searches but with this on I need some help. I'm going to order this BF, but I'd like to also use Gen 5 Lock Pick, to unlock the screen. Installation looks pretty simple for both, but can use both at the same time or do they have any compatibility issues, like sharing any harness? Any help is much appreciated. :22s:

Joe

TMW597
11-02-08, 01:00 PM
I haven't heard of any issues or bugs, but there aren't any problems with sharing a harness or anything like that. The GMLockPick harness goes through the headunit. The BF harnes goes through the XM.

merosenb
11-04-08, 07:23 PM
Joe - I can't tell you anything about the Lockpick because I don't have one installed. I've wondered about this myself....maybe someone with will install both devices and let us know how it turned out. Good luck with the Scosche BF.

sosoguju
11-16-08, 09:56 PM
I'm a newbie and just got the Blue Fusion from ebay for $349, this included the T-harness so you can plug it into the XM tuner and a Navi-Play blue tooth dock. I have an iPhone 3g so this was going to be used to pair my phone and use my phone as a iPod.

Phone Capabilities:
Using my phone is great and works just fine. I actually prefer to use my phone to dial since its pretty easy to use on the go and scrolling through numbers really isnt the best on the factory screen. Sound quality is good since I am usually the only one in the car when I use hands free (if I have friends or family in the car I prefer using the handset). I have noticed that if I am looking down or back (while car is stopped) the mic doesn't pick up sound very well but its not really an issue since my other cars with factory bluetooth are the same. The unit mutes the sound when a call is coming in but I havent figued out how to answer without using the phone yet (havent played with it enough maybe). It took around 10 minutes total to install!!! The mic is mounted on the headliner right above the rearview mirror. I was worried that it would look wierd at first but it honestly looks fine.

iPod/iPhone Audio A2DP:
My first tests were a little worrying as I could not get the Navi-Play to pair and then when I did it sounded terrible. I figured it must be the Navi-Play so I got the Sony - Stereo Bluetooth Transmitter for Apple® iPod®
Model: TMRBT8IP, this sounded a whole lot better but I still got a lot of crackling and it just wasn't what I was looking for. Then I remembered someone else using a Scosche bluetooth adapter that worked well so I tried the Scosche - Bluetooth Adapter for Apple® iPod™
Model: IPBTT (thanks Bestbuy) but this wasnt compatible with my iPhone.

At this point I was really frustrated and with already $349 out of pocket wanted to get it to work... FINALLY I got a Scosche TZ4 bluetooth transmitter which works with the iPhone too... WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! It now works like a charm, sounds great and I love the fact that anyone in the car can control the track from my iPhone. The steering wheel controls don't really work as you can only move to the next track but again I prefer to use the iPhone as its in my hand and cordless compared to a wired solution.

**Please make sure you set the iPhone volume to half way only (more will cause distortion) and goto settings on your iPhone, then "iPod" settings in the sub menu and turn on the "Sound Check" option as this is how I am able to get clear sound**

Overall...
I could complain about not being able to use the phone with factory screen or steering controls but honestly my previous vehicles with factory bluetooth (Range Rover Sport, Acura TL) and my wifes Chrysler T&C were still not perfect. So... I am completely satisfied with my purchase.

I would like to find out more about the lockpick though as it is frustrating not being able to type while moving, my TL let me do it and the RRS had a secret Delco PIN screen I could use. Anyone got results yet?

hesaves0211
04-04-09, 04:49 PM
I'm a newbie and just got the Blue Fusion from ebay for $349, this included the T-harness so you can plug it into the XM tuner and a Navi-Play blue tooth dock. I have an iPhone 3g so this was going to be used to pair my phone and use my phone as a iPod.

Phone Capabilities:
Using my phone is great and works just fine. I actually prefer to use my phone to dial since its pretty easy to use on the go and scrolling through numbers really isnt the best on the factory screen. Sound quality is good since I am usually the only one in the car when I use hands free (if I have friends or family in the car I prefer using the handset). I have noticed that if I am looking down or back (while car is stopped) the mic doesn't pick up sound very well but its not really an issue since my other cars with factory bluetooth are the same. The unit mutes the sound when a call is coming in but I havent figued out how to answer without using the phone yet (havent played with it enough maybe). It took around 10 minutes total to install!!! The mic is mounted on the headliner right above the rearview mirror. I was worried that it would look wierd at first but it honestly looks fine.

iPod/iPhone Audio A2DP:
My first tests were a little worrying as I could not get the Navi-Play to pair and then when I did it sounded terrible. I figured it must be the Navi-Play so I got the Sony - Stereo Bluetooth Transmitter for Apple® iPod®
Model: TMRBT8IP, this sounded a whole lot better but I still got a lot of crackling and it just wasn't what I was looking for. Then I remembered someone else using a Scosche bluetooth adapter that worked well so I tried the Scosche - Bluetooth Adapter for Apple® iPod™
Model: IPBTT (thanks Bestbuy) but this wasnt compatible with my iPhone.

At this point I was really frustrated and with already $349 out of pocket wanted to get it to work... FINALLY I got a Scosche TZ4 bluetooth transmitter which works with the iPhone too... WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! It now works like a charm, sounds great and I love the fact that anyone in the car can control the track from my iPhone. The steering wheel controls don't really work as you can only move to the next track but again I prefer to use the iPhone as its in my hand and cordless compared to a wired solution.

**Please make sure you set the iPhone volume to half way only (more will cause distortion) and goto settings on your iPhone, then "iPod" settings in the sub menu and turn on the "Sound Check" option as this is how I am able to get clear sound**

Overall...
I could complain about not being able to use the phone with factory screen or steering controls but honestly my previous vehicles with factory bluetooth (Range Rover Sport, Acura TL) and my wifes Chrysler T&C were still not perfect. So... I am completely satisfied with my purchase.

I would like to find out more about the lockpick though as it is frustrating not being able to type while moving, my TL let me do it and the RRS had a secret Delco PIN screen I could use. Anyone got results yet?

very good advice i think ill put my money towards the scosche in the future

RustyBlazerDude
04-06-09, 08:35 PM
Not to throw a wrench into the works here, but have any of you looked into the BlueSTAR that I offer?

www.costartech.com

There's a lengthy write up in the AV section here and as a supporting vendor, I'd be more than happy to answer questions and do a group buy thing.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-audio-video-security-systems/143407-onstar-bluetooth-conversion-completed.html#post1556213

Let me know.

evil0ne
04-14-09, 12:30 AM
I just posted in your other thread, but do you have any 2007-8 Escalade owners reviews yet? Also, where is our VCIM located?

nixonride
04-14-09, 04:39 PM
Also do you loose your Onstar capabilities when you hook this unit up to the 07+ models?

hballs25
09-22-09, 11:36 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for this post. I was needing a simple, easy to install bluetooth device for my 08 EXT. I just order this and will hopefully have it to install on Friday. Hope everything works. Also has anyone used the bluetooth in the iPhone to stream music. Any problems?

simplemind
09-23-09, 10:02 AM
I just order this and will hopefully have it to install on Friday.

Just for clarification, what is "this"? Which unit, specifically?

Thanks

Big Windy Ext
09-23-09, 04:46 PM
Funny , I tried to contact costar , they don't have a phone number and don't answer thier e-mail. I called around the listed dealers for the scosche blue fusion , the first dealer said he doesn't sell them because of all the issues he had . The second one didn't know anything about the product , but come on down to talk and make calls (I don't have anything better to do :rant2:) Maybe it is better just to wait for the 2010s !

RustyBlazerDude
09-23-09, 05:00 PM
Hey,
I'm usually pretty good about answering emails within few hours.
Sometimes they do get sent to junk box and I miss a few.
I'd be glad to answer any questions about the BlueSTAR you might have right here in the forum if you'd like.

It does REPLACE onstar so all onstar functionality is lost, and the GMLAN versions (2007+) support full steering wheel controls.

Thanks and sorry that I did not get back to you.
-Chris

Big Windy Ext
09-23-09, 10:27 PM
Hi Chris ,
I have an 07 EXT w/ Factory Nav . Will the unit go back to the original audio source ?
Thanks ,
Jerry

RustyBlazerDude
09-24-09, 10:24 AM
Yes,
It operates just like the onstar does. When a call comes in, the radio will be switched into onstar mode and the caller will be hear through the speakers. When you disconnect, the radio will automatically be switched back to whatever mode you were in. It should also resume CD from where you left off.
Some models even lower the fan speed so that the ambient noise is lowered to improve mic reception.

Big Windy Ext
09-24-09, 11:05 AM
Does anything show on the radio screen , like caller i.d. , phone book etc.?

RustyBlazerDude
09-24-09, 11:15 AM
No, those functions are not supported by the HF850 module.
I do have this on the road map though, as I am working on a newer design which will have the ability to support caller id with phone book addressing.
I do not yet have an availability date for that, but anticipate it for later this year.

FLCERIK
09-24-09, 01:01 PM
I am also looking for a bluetooth device. I have a question, to make an outgoing call can you use the onstar keypad that comes up when you press the phone button? I have a 08 Escalade with nav.

RustyBlazerDude
09-24-09, 05:13 PM
No, Dialing is accomplished by using the phone, or voice prompts. Most phones support voice dialing, but the keypad idea would be great for dialing numbers not in your address book.
The HF850 does not provide access to that and since that handles all the bluetooth functionality, it is not supported.

I can implement that in the new unit, but I would need to get my hands on a vehicle that has that so I can sniff out the commands sent to the onstar module.

FLCERIK
09-24-09, 05:18 PM
That would be great. Let me know when the new unit comes out and I will purchase 2 units from you.

crzorge
09-25-09, 03:08 PM
you have anything for an 03 acura CL with onStar?

hballs25
09-26-09, 11:07 PM
Update on bluetooth device: First i would like to say thank you to all the people who posted on this forum. Your insight and descriptions were perfect and helped me make a great decision. I bought the Scosche Bluefusion and the T-Wiring harness. It was really easy to install and only took about 30 minutes. That included finding the best spot to place the mic and running the wire. I placed the mic on the drivers side pillar. As far as a review, i feel that the above reviews in this forum hit the nail on the head. The only update i can provide is that if you use an iPhone to stream music the sound quality is less than satisfactory. I have a rear entertainment system and will continue to use that for playing music through instead of the Scosche device. Also you can have the iPhone connected via bluetooth for phone calls and still stream music through the headphone jack. Hope this helps.

nsxer007
11-05-09, 02:13 PM
No, those functions are not supported by the HF850 module.
I do have this on the road map though, as I am working on a newer design which will have the ability to support caller id with phone book addressing.
I do not yet have an availability date for that, but anticipate it for later this year.

Can you tell me where the onstar module is for our 07 EXT's? I bought the BlueSTAR unit and I have no idea where to plug it in! Thanks for any help....

mattroberts123
11-05-09, 02:53 PM
OnStar module is behind the NAV & AC units in the front dash.

Have to take them all out, and there it is snapped in right behind them

Its a silver box, about 4"x4"

nsxer007
11-05-09, 03:19 PM
thanks bud!

nsxer007
11-05-09, 04:08 PM
Cool! Thanks to you, I've got the BlueSTAR unit installed and it freakin' rocks! Works great with my iPhone 3GS. Thanks again.