: Custom exhaust question

LUVMY04V
02-22-08, 12:37 PM
Hey I am having a custom catback put on my car and was wondering what i should do. I think im just gonna go with some magnaflow glasspack style mufflers and tips with an x pipe.....but is there anyway to gutt the cats and make them look stock so the dealer doesnt care ??? and so the check engine light doesnt come on??

I searched it but didnt find any answers/ techniques to gutting the cats.

Btw i dont want to buy hi-flow cats if i can just gutt mine out.

also what siz tip should i go with???

The Tony Show
02-22-08, 12:48 PM
4" tips look great on these cars. The check engine light will come on if you gut the cats unless you install an 02 fooler or have it turned off by a tuner. Gutting cats is easy- remove, drill through the inside with a drill several times, then break it all out with a screwdriver and hammer.

LUVMY04V
02-22-08, 12:52 PM
4" tips look great on these cars. The check engine light will come on if you gut the cats unless you install an 02 fooler or have it turned off by a tuner. Gutting cats is easy- remove, drill through the inside with a drill several times, then break it all out with a screwdriver and hammer.that is kinda what i was thinking. (4 inch) How much for one of those 02 foolers??? I dont have emissions tests btw as well

also I like the hillbilly LSX sound so i think gutted cats might be for me :p

MauiV
02-22-08, 12:58 PM
I have heard of folks just running a broom handle through the cats, not sure how well it works but there is a clip on youtube of a guy blowing his all over the garage floor. He claims it "just happened" but IMO he destroyed them first THEN started the car.

LUVMY04V
02-22-08, 01:09 PM
I have heard of folks just running a broom handle through the cats, not sure how well it works but there is a clip on youtube of a guy blowing his all over the garage floor. He claims it "just happened" but IMO he destroyed them first THEN started the car.
yeah i've seen that one and what a tard lol....Ill have to try and find some o2 foolers first

anyone know where to get somthing to trick the 02 sensors??? btw couldnt that be a bad thing since the engine uses them to add fuel??? maybe im wrong :confused:

trukk
02-22-08, 01:09 PM
You might want to consider getting some RT cats, if you don;t plan to go with headers down the line.

They are direct replacements for the OEM cats, so you shouldn't have any emmsions issues, because they mount in the same sport as the OEMs, plus they work well, and no stinky unburnt fuel smell (how unkempt for a lux-sport :D).

I just through a corsa resonator on the calssifieds, if you wanted to go that route over an X-Pipe. It will still be fairly loud (though not quite as load as an x-pipe), and you should get no drone.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3583&sort=1&cat=23&page=1

-Chris

LUVMY04V
02-22-08, 01:15 PM
You might want to consider getting some RT cats, if you don;t plan to go with headers down the line.

They are direct replacements for the OEM cats, so you shouldn't have any emmsions issues, because they mount in the same sport as the OEMs, plus they work well, and no stinky unburnt fuel smell (how unkempt for a lux-sport :D).

I just through a corsa resonator on the calssifieds, if you wanted to go that route over an X-Pipe. It will still be fairly loud (though not quite as load as an x-pipe), and you should get no drone.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3583&sort=1&cat=23&page=1

-Chrisnot a bad idea:rolleyes: my guy was gonna do the full catback for around 300 with labor so I wonder what it would be with this? I will ask him tomorrow

trukk
02-22-08, 01:54 PM
not a bad idea:rolleyes: my guy was gonna do the full catback for around 300 with labor so I wonder what it would be with this? I will ask him tomorrow

An added bonus, would be, I'd never tease you about getting only cosmetic mods again :D :thumbsup::thumbsup:

BTW, this wouldn't be for a super budget build, but it would get you to no drone withough shelling out 1k+ for a ful corsa system.

I have my Corsa totally welded up, and that is DEFINATELY the way to go. Exhaust leaks SUCK.

-Chris

LUVMY04V
02-22-08, 01:56 PM
An added bonus, would be, I'd never tease you about getting only cosmetic mods again :D :thumbsup::thumbsup:

-Chris
Oh my car will be on the cover of cozmo when im done LOL :duck: