: e brake cover, bose enhancement and me

dawgjoose
02-21-08, 07:38 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new to this site. I bought a '98 catera in January. I saw some of the issues that I had with my car. I found a couple answers for some who may wanna delve into simple fixes!

First up: parking brake boot.

dealer's price: 155.00
done by my cousin: 10.00
(she has material to do more of them)

second: Bose system subwoofers.

Yes, they need a lot of help. Currently, I have tapped into the wires for the subs at the speaker connections and hooked them up to a 2-10" kicker box (ported) No loud bass to speak of, but the lows are enhanced a bit. sounds a lot more dynamic! I found a couple of Bazooka (baz 1300) mono sub amps for 25.00 each. gonna have the young boys hook them up for me. (I love the punch and roll) I'l let you know what happens!

P.S. I love the site!

todd2fst4u
02-21-08, 07:42 PM
i bought a parking brake boot from the lindsay cadillac dealership for $15 including shipping i believe

dawgjoose
02-21-08, 08:14 PM
you got a good deal then! did you share this info before? I didn't see it

todd2fst4u
02-21-08, 08:36 PM
yep
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-catera-cimarron-forum/98423-replacment-emergency-brake-boot.html
ah and it was $15+shipping. which was just a few dollars

dawgjoose
02-21-08, 08:49 PM
come to think of it...I remember that post. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention at the time. I like what my cousin did for me though. It looks like OEM. Only cost me a mixed cd(I had to burn it for her) about 10 cents! your price is still good though!

cateraowner
02-21-08, 11:43 PM
second: Bose system subwoofers.

Yes, they need a lot of help. Currently, I have tapped into the wires for the subs at the speaker connections and hooked them up to a 2-10" kicker box (ported) No loud bass to speak of, but the lows are enhanced a bit. sounds a lot more dynamic! I found a couple of Bazooka (baz 1300) mono sub amps for 25.00 each. gonna have the young boys hook them up for me. (I love the punch and roll) I'l let you know what happens!

P.S. I love the site!

just wondering, do you have a aftermarket deck in?

PEETYZ
02-22-08, 12:05 AM
i got a shift boot from a grand prix at a junk yard for like a dollar lol and i glued it to factory plastic trim piece where old one was stapled looks great

MaesMV6
02-22-08, 09:03 AM
im new to this site too which i found all kinds of easy fix's for my little problems.

for my bose stereo, everything is factory. i went to local audio store here and bought 1 12" alpine subwoofer with a 400 watt amp. it was free installation which is nice. the had to tap into the back wires with some type of converter then used rca from the converter to the amp. for the sound. still got all 8 bose factory speakers and factory deck (could never imagine taking that out) eveything works nicely and sounds GREAT. if i turn my amp up all the way you can get the loud bass that some people enjoy, with great quality in the music

dawgjoose
02-22-08, 05:36 PM
to cateraowner...I don't have an aftermarket in, but if I don't find the switched +12v in the trunk...you know that i will be seeing the Kenwood lineup! (my personal favorites)! I'm hoping that the highs that the bose is pushing will still be an advantage. The aftermarkrt amp is just for more punch. The cabin is small in my catera (as if you don't know) so concert hall ambience is not a problem.

To Peetyz...I love your price...mine seems to be climbing ( gotta burn a cd for her roaddawg now) If this keeps up...I'll be in the red in no time!

To MaesMV6...I was just on my way to negotiate the install of one of those $25 bazooka amps at C-city. (got em online from C-City) 30 buck to the company and a little "beer" scrilla for the young man should do it for me. I'll let you know how it turns out! ( I would be doing this myself if I could stand the cold) I can't wait til Spring!

dawgjoose
02-23-08, 07:43 PM
The install is done and it sounds pretty good! I'm impressed! One of the boys was scared to touch it, but those young boys did the job. I kept the volume low and bumped all the way home. I'll let you know if my battery is dead in the morning!

dawgjoose
03-04-08, 09:50 PM
Well, it's getting closer to spring...I want a new deck! I was ok with the head unit but I'm spoiled from having a monster system in the truck. I did a lot of research and I have come to the conclusion that Kenwood will be getting some cheddar! I need MP3! GOnna try some unorthodox mods! (yes I'm gonna upset the balance of the BOSE empire) If I destroy the speakers and amps from BOSE, I'll be replacing them too! Just gotta wait til it's a lot warmer. (got a driveway but no G-rage)